New Pricing out. Princess just scammed me

Luckiestmanonearth

So we went to book a cruise for Jan 2025 (prices just came out).  I’m upset but will try to be brief

We clicked on Princess Plus (vs Standard) and the rate on the website increased (as expected).  It said Princess Plus includes Beverages, Wi-Fi and Gratuities.

Then I went through the entire pricing on their website and gave me a grand total.  So we put it on hold.  But I couldn’t find anything about Princess Plus so I inquired on the chat and they said I didn’t have it

My suspicion is that the Princess pricing system has a flaw and I found it and wanted to bring it to their attention

Called the vacation planner 1-800 and she said I was correct about the pricing error. She said she would check with guest services to see what they could do.  Long wait

She doesn’t get back in and Guest Services gets on without any background so I repeat everything.  Then on hold until I get hung up on.

Then I call back and get a guy named Andy who says they cant do anything for me.  Then he calls his supervisor and I’m on hold for 45 minutes.  Then he gets on the call and says they cant do anything for me.

They did say they would fix the glitch

I feel totally unappreciated in that I found a glitch which I’m sure many others would have found and had the same result with a lot more customers who would have been angry I’m sure.

I would have assumed at a minimum they would have offered me OBC for me bringing this up but I didn’t even get a Thank You, even when I expressed this to the planner.  He said it’s a glitch, end of story.

I feel like I’ve been scammed by Princess.  This is how they treat their Platinum members?  They advertised a Princess Plus package, I booked it (using their website), and then they pulled it back.

I’m still considering what are my options

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I feel like I’ve been scammed by Princess.  This is how they treat their Platinum members?  They advertised a Princess Plus package, I booked it (using their website), and then they pulled it back.

This is how they treat their Elite members, too.  You will probably be blasted by the cheerleaders (welcome to the club) but thanks for pointing out this glitch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So we went to book a cruise for Jan 2025 (prices just came out).  I’m upset but will try to be brief

We clicked on Princess Plus (vs Standard) and the rate on the website increased (as expected).  It said Princess Plus includes Beverages, Wi-Fi and Gratuities.

Then I went through the entire pricing on their website and gave me a grand total.  So we put it on hold.  But I couldn’t find anything about Princess Plus so I inquired on the chat and they said I didn’t have it

My suspicion is that the Princess pricing system has a flaw and I found it and wanted to bring it to their attention

Called the vacation planner 1-800 and she said I was correct about the pricing error. She said she would check with guest services to see what they could do.  Long wait

She doesn’t get back in and Guest Services gets on without any background so I repeat everything.  Then on hold until I get hung up on.

Then I call back and get a guy named Andy who says they cant do anything for me.  Then he calls his supervisor and I’m on hold for 45 minutes.  Then he gets on the call and says they cant do anything for me.

They did say they would fix the glitch

I feel totally unappreciated in that I found a glitch which I’m sure many others would have found and had the same result with a lot more customers who would have been angry I’m sure.

I would have assumed at a minimum they would have offered me OBC for me bringing this up but I didn’t even get a Thank You, even when I expressed this to the planner.  He said it’s a glitch, end of story.

I feel like I’ve been scammed by Princess.  They advertised a Princess Plus package, I booked it (using their website), and then they pulled it back.

If they gave OBC to everyone who had an issue they would go broke. LOL. Easiest way to book is get a CVP who can access everything to do with pricing. You have not been scammed Princess Plus pays for 1 device. Wi-Fi, gratuities and 15 alcoholic drinks a day plus waters soft drinks and coffees 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay S said:

This is how they treat their Elite members, too.  You will probably be blasted by the cheerleaders (welcome to the club) but thanks for pointing out this glitch.

Thanks.  So long story short

1.  I found a system flaw in their pricing and wanted to bring it to their attention

2.  They acknowledge the flaw and said they will fix it (preventing a lot of future headaches)

3. I’m on with 3 different people in their 1-800 number for about 90 minutes in total and zero appreciation

Would anyone run their business and treat their customers with way?

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

breathe in, breathe out, move on?

smell the roses, blow out the candles?

another cruise line?

wait for the 'glitch' to clear and book

screen shots?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

People have been reporting this for earlier itineraries as well.  The cruise I was looking at was like this for two weeks or more and finally now the glitch has been fixed.  

• Like 1

Just wait for the the Plus pricing to be added...not a big deal, mistakes happen with technology.  Not quite sure of what "appreciation" you are looking for.  Princess' technology/IT problems are well documented; you just have to roll with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Just wait for the the Plus pricing to be added...not a big deal, mistakes happen with technology.  Not quite sure of what "appreciation" you are looking for.  Princess' technology/IT problems are well documented; you just have to roll with them.

So let me give you a scenario.  You lose your wallet or iPhone.  Someone finds it and brings it back to you.  Your options are:

1) Say Thank You for that person making the effort to bring it to you 

OR

2) Take it back and you don’t say thank you.  All you can say is “someone else would have found it and returned it”

Sounds like you’re a 2) person

51 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Seeing as the cruise is not until 2025 and you put it on hold why not just try booking again.

No doubt there will be price drops throughout the coming year.

Not sure what we’ll do but we also have started sailing with Celebrity and really enjoy those so might examine those itineraries from now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So let me give you a scenario.  You lose your wallet or iPhone.  Someone finds it and brings it back to you.  Your options are:

1) Say Thank You for that person making the effort to bring it to you 

OR

2) Take it back and you don’t say thank you.  All you can say is “someone else would have found it and returned it”

Sounds like you’re a 2) person

You're upset and 'considering your options' because nobody said thank you?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Not sure what we’ll do but we also have started sailing with Celebrity and really enjoy those so might examine those itineraries from now

yes - that was option #3 in post 6

#5 you got covered

#1,2 & 4 - not so much

good luck - hope it all works out for you 

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 3

I highly doubt that you will be getting any sort of token of gratitude from Princess.

The scenario you described would be like having an item ring up with an incorrect higher price at the register that doesn't match the posted signage.  Doubtful the cashier would be thanking you for finding the mistake; s/he would just go on and finish ringing your transaction.  

• Like 3

SMH. You weren't scammed. You hadn't even put a deposit down. Most cruiselines have a caveat in theirr T&Cs regarding incorrectly published cruise fares. And now you want to take your toys and go home because you didn't get a thank you? Well alrightly then. You do that. That'll  show 'em.🙄

Edited by mom says
  • Like 8
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Wow I now understand what you mean about being blasted by the Princess cheerleaders.  I’m not sure how to reply to the ridiculous comments.

I think people would be blasting you no matter the cruise line! You want something for nothing. Move on. Total you are out: Zero dollars. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Welcome to the “new” Princess.  We had a similar situation last Fall and you think we could get it fix by Princess. Took almost  2 months and at least 5 e-mails and 10 phone calls and then finally someone call us and apologize for the error and she was able to fix the problem on the spot. 
Princess has been encountering problems left and right since they started sailing again. We have been told (not sure if this information is correct) almost 2/3 of their staff left during Covid.  

Edited by DHP1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

They don’t have to give him a Thank You for finding this problem ?

What kind of person are you

You are acting like you are the only one to find this issue and therefore worthy of being thanked and getting a reward. As others have mentioned this issue  has been reported before and continues to occur when some new prices are released. So I guess they could have said yes this is a known issue, a fix is underway.

52 minutes ago, ldtr said:

You are acting like you are the only one to find this issue and therefore worthy of being thanked and getting a reward. As others have mentioned this issue  has been reported before and continues to occur when some new prices are released. So I guess they could have said yes this is a known issue, a fix is underway.

So I guess they SHOULD have said yes this is a known issue, a fix is underway.

That would have been common courtesy and good business 

Edited by Cruise till you drop