What is this item plugged into outlet?

Shelly97060

Just off of Crown and there was something plugged into the European socket by the desk. Here’s a photo…it was all I could do not to flip the switch!  So what is it?   Is it an emergency light, WiFi extender… Any ideas ?

9117331B-04E5-4254-86AD-D51327F43D65.thumb.jpeg.f07816369df8513554ea9c4b3e7dde3a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It is an emergency alarm for your cabin.  I believe it is there for a general alert (abandon ship level of warning).  

Thanks!  I kept meaning to ask our steward but never remembered to do so! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrysalis said:

It's the camera linked to his work room monitor screems so that he knows if you are in your cabin or not so that he/she can clean cabin when you are not there.

You're not serious?

• Haha 2

It's the camera linked to his work room monitor screems so that he knows if you are in your cabin or not so that he/she can clean cabin when you are not there.

27 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You're not serious?

I hope it's not serious. A winking emoji might have helped here.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Haha 1

😉

What’s the medallion for, then?  

• Like 1

It's an emergency light that goes on when there is a loss of power.  You can pull it from the socket and carry it around to illuminate your path.  The switch is there so you can turn the light off if you wish to.

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Just off of Crown and there was something plugged into the European socket by the desk. Here’s a photo…it was all I could do not to flip the switch!  So what is it?   Is it an emergency light, WiFi extender… Any ideas ?

9117331B-04E5-4254-86AD-D51327F43D65.thumb.jpeg.f07816369df8513554ea9c4b3e7dde3a.jpeg

Well, a lot of bad stuff goes on these days. I would have put a piece of black tape over the front like I did the Amazon Echo in my bedroom.

20 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

😂 See what you started?  😆 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess is Beta Testing a new evacuation procedure.  Each cabin is being retrofitted to be its own lifeboat, and this is the ejection button causing the cabin to detach and shoot out into the ocean.

sci-fi space GIF by Alpha

You win the prize of the day which is 😉

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1