Does Anyone Have The Date for January 2024 Yeshiva Cruise?

I was on an Oasis cruise during Yeshiva several years ago.  While we didn't have unruly children issues, it was very crowded.  Are Yeshiva cruisers only on Oasis or Quantum class ships?  We are looking at a Mariner 5 day in late January 2024 and it has limited cabins available.  Could it be for Yeshiva or are there other school holidays in late January?  Trying to figure out why the limited availability.  We can cruise whenever we want to, so would like to avoid the crowds.

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, RoperDK said:

I was on an Oasis cruise during Yeshiva several years ago.  While we didn't have unruly children issues, it was very crowded.  Are Yeshiva cruisers only on Oasis or Quantum class ships?  We are looking at a Mariner 5 day in late January 2024 and it has limited cabins available.  Could it be for Yeshiva or are there other school holidays in late January?  Trying to figure out why the limited availability.  We can cruise whenever we want to, so would like to avoid the crowds.

Pretty much every ship will be sold out regardless of the week, it will just be the demographics that change.  Whether or not Royal does something official for that ship there will still be a lot more kids than usual aboard.  I would avoid those weeks altogether and pick a different week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is they would not book ships leaving on a Saturday so that may help.

We did Wonder this past January and did not know about Yeshiva cruise. Big mistake IMO.

Lots of rude people in that group.  Would never do it again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty much every ship will be sold out regardless of the week, it will just be the demographics that change.  Whether or not Royal does something official for that ship there will still be a lot more kids than usual aboard.  I would avoid those weeks altogether and pick a different week.

Ken do you know which week it will be on Wonder?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

image.thumb.png.10d28b13a464c44842c2f81aae69f99d.png

The Wonder Western is our cruise.  We've been on other ships during Yeshiva week.  Not a problem for us. People were very nice.  Kept mostly to themselves or groups.  Children well behaved. Not like spring break crowds at all.  Big pools will be full, but we avoid them anyway.  Might have to "Chog" a lounger in the morning on the Solarium before heading to the gym.  But no biggy. Maybe Royal will put out some decent bagels and lox in the Solarium Bistro.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

The Wonder Western is our cruise.  We've been on other ships during Yeshiva week.  Not a problem for us. People were very nice.  Kept mostly to themselves or groups.  Children well behaved. Not like spring break crowds at all.  Big pools will be full, but we avoid them anyway.  Might have to "Chog" a lounger in the morning on the Solarium before heading to the gym.  But no biggy. Maybe Royal will put out some decent bagels and lox in the Solarium Bistro.

It is my understanding that the Solarium Bistro is usually reserved for Kosher meals, so it may not be available on your cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

The right attitude!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RoperDK said:

It is my understanding that the Solarium Bistro is usually reserved for Kosher meals, so it may not be available on your cruise.

I believe that's been the case for dinner in the past.  Not sure about other meals.  But still lots of other venues available.  I usually get bagels from Park Cafe as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I believe that's been the case for dinner in the past.  Not sure about other meals.  But still lots of other venues available.  I usually get bagels from Park Cafe as well.

Park Cafe and Windjammer both have bagels in the morning.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Solarium Bistro was reserved for those with the Kosher dining package for all meals on our January 2023 Yeshiva week cruise. They have to convert it to meet kosher requirements, so only those with the kosher dining package were able to eat there. I expect the bistro will be unavailable to non-kosher passengers for both Yeshiva weeks in 2024.

• Like 2

No need to speculate dates, “ourusual beach” posted the flyer for the cruise dates and ships  for 2024. Thanks for posting. 

I am scheduled to be on Wonder during that time. I don’t expect it to be any problem. While I generally  go to solarium bistro for dinner a  night or two  on oasis class ships, I’ll just regroup for that one cruise. No big deal.   

And for breakfast or lunch, if a large group is going to the solarium  bistro for kosher meals, that will free up space in main dining room/Windjammer. 

Again, no issue for me but I imagine others will be upset learning a venue was closed for the entire cruise. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

You’re pretty safe cruising during the 1st or 2nd week of January. Winter breaks generally begin the 3rd week for two weeks. Typically starts Wed and ends on a Sunday. 

I would avoid cruises that begin on the 3rd or 4th Friday and Sunday in January if you are looking to avoid this crowd. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wonder is so large that groups often get lost. Typically, how many will be part of this group?  Are we talking 200, 500, 1000 or more?   I’ve been on Oasis with a group of 500 passengers and didn’t realize it till someone told me. 

m

On 4/20/2023 at 6:06 PM, RoperDK said:

We were on Freedom this past January on a B2B and had lots of Yeshiva kids on the 4 night.  They were fine, but it was crowded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

In your opinion would we be ok booking the odyssey 1/6 or symphony 1/13 cruise to avoid groups?  Thanks!

We are booked on the Wonder 1/21/24 and it’s Yeshiva week. They have the Solarium for Kosher dining, not cheap

Edited by nannyny

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Wonder is so large that groups often get lost. Typically, how many will be part of this group?  Are we talking 200, 500, 1000 or more?   I’ve been on Oasis with a group of 500 passengers and didn’t realize it till someone told me. 

m

On Wonder in January, I would estimate ~600-700 total. Like I said before, it was hard to tell, because unless DW pointed out to me how she could tell who was who, the entire group was largely indistinguishable from the other 6,000+ passengers (other than people in this group were an order of magnitude more polite and respectful than a lot of others on board).

• Like 1