The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 22nd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser No need to be sorry Lenda. It still was a lovely evening out with my beautiful wife. We are pretty much foodies and have been to many of these dinners. All subjective and I’m sure some others are raving about the dining experience.

@Rowsby Happy Birthday!🎂🍾

@RedneckBobWeird that my foodies pics do not show twice here. Right now I’m clueless as to what BOGO stands for?😁

Buy One Get One Free. Should be BOGOF! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My visit to Falmouth was June 6, 2015, a Sunday.  I had decided my first stop would be at Falmouth Methodist Church.  Oddly, the sanctuary is on the third level:

falmouthch1.jpg

The small town does not have a full time minister and is part of a circuit of 6 parishes.  On this day there was a lay leader and he chose a coffee chat format:

falmouthch2.jpg

The town is at a strategic location and one of the primary forts was Pendennis Castle with 2 main buildings:

pendennisentry.jpg

There are 2 main buildings, the smaller one built by Henry 8th:

henry8fort.jpg

The view from Henry 8 fort:

henry8view.jpg

The other main building is the barracks:

barracks1.jpg

barracks2.jpg

The barracks also had a "war room" where in times of battle the soldiers could sleep within a few steps of their weapons.

warshelter.jpg

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the lovely Volendam sailing the Gatun Lake right now. Earlier I went out on deck 6 for about an hour. It was nice but it was taking longer than I seemed to remember from my previous transit and needed to get to breakfast. When I got back we had already passed the “arrow” marking our lane. But I found a nice shady spot on deck 3 and watched until my pedicure appointment. 

B471E2FA-A28F-45F1-92B0-9ABE12847949.thumb.jpeg.761fba96f3753424b917e1ee2d0a94f9.jpeg

845C8D6A-9434-4251-8FF1-3988D101E6DD.thumb.jpeg.f634986fe52e2203a19f6a3a483733eb.jpeg

86E19AEF-D828-4D17-8E4F-6F420DE912F9.thumb.jpeg.ad47a95eaa78284fa1eb8256e4bacf1a.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Nice photos Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

I will be busy today getting ready for tomorrow’s trip and making sure DH has all he will need.  

Have a great  trip. 🙂 

6 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Now for a personal pat on the back.  I have kept my New Year’s resolution of sticking to a low carb diet with very few “cheats”. Result is 22 lbs lost. Low carb is one diet that really seems to work for me. I will be packing clothes I haven’t worn in years.

Congratulations !!  Good for you 🙂.  Enjoy the “feels like new” clothes 🙂 

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We would have called 911.She is struggling  with the oxygen.

Oh no.  Prayers that her oxygen struggles can be solved FAST 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Good morning! Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 👏🎉 for all the celebrations.

@aliaschief, was the PV excursion private or ship? What’s the name of the excursion? TIA. 

I’m supposed to wear a hard eye shield at night, but I was wearing it all the time because my vision is still fragmented/blurry.  I think the surgeon wants me to wear it at night to prevent unintentional rubbing. But since my face is in the contraption I think I’ll be OK. 

But I’m sensitive to adhesive and even with paper tape my face was starting to get a bit raw. So yesterday I took off the eye shield and put A&D ointment on. I’ll just have to deal with the vision part. 

My face felt better by evening and I put on the shield again. Well, this morning when I took off the shield I was almost afraid I was going to peel my skin off! 😱 No more shield!

Oh dear, Marcia.  I too am very sensitive to adhesive so I can’t imagine how difficult that was for you 😔. I don’t blame you for taking it off.  

Maybe call on Monday though and just make sure it won’t cause harm without it and let them know your adhesive sensitivity - just to be safe?  (Sorry for butting my nose in).

@mamaofamioh dear on your DH’s pneumonia.  I am so sorry.  My prayers for him 🙏🏻  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Social media are full of ads for expensive, supposedly earth-friendly products that serve purposes for which I think nothing is needed. One of my board members was a Girl Scout leader. I would prefer to have as little to do with jelly beans as possible.

Ravioli would be OK with me. If it the sauce is white I'd need to find a low-lactose way of making it. I would probably like the cocktail, but don't have the components for it. I'd probably like the wine, too. I haven't been to Falmouth in the UK, or to any Falmouth anywhere.

The Weather Channel website says "Thunderstorms likely to continue for the next several hours," but they haven't started yet. It has felt all day as if one were imminent.

PabloPiscostco.thumb.jpg.912003fcabedbbba2a4d6c42f2ccaf57.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 15
  • Haha 6

Happy Saturday from another dreary day here.  No sun, and intermittent giant snow flakes.  I'll take jelly beans any day.  There used to be a Jelly Belly factory outlet store about 45" away, I always got their Jelly Flops!  The meal looks good, I'm not a wine drinker.  Maybe someday we'll get to England.  

@smitty34877 Sorry to hear about the Tana and the oxygen problems, hoping it can be resolved.  

@RowsbyHappy Birthday!  

@mamaofamiSorry to hear about your DH.  Hoping the antibiotics help him quickly.  

Have a good rest of the weekend, safe travels for everyone on cruises.  The Panama Canal pictures brought back memories, we were there in February.  Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I celebrated Earth Day this morning by working out in the garden, before the storms rolled in. We had some t-storms and heavy rain during the afternoon, but it seems to be winding down now.

I grew up with the Girl Scouts -- my Mom was a leader for my two older sisters' troops. I got to go on all the camping trips and excursions with the older girls. When it was my turn, she handed me off to another leader and retired. Hmmmmmm...

Easter is the only time I have jelly beans -- purple is my favorite.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

• Like 16

Good afternoon from a cooler, but pleasant central Texas. The clouds started moving in early this afternoon, so it was fairly pleasant doing the yardwork.  I'm glad I mowed today instead of waiting until later next week after the predicted rain ends.  The grass would probably have been too thick to mow with one pass.  At least for Earth Day, I was using a battery powered mower, trimmer and blower.

Right now, I'm enjoying sitting outside watching the world go by.  I haven't been able to do that since last fall.

Naturally the meeting this morning lasted almost twice as long as predicted.  Too many people had to get up and say basically the same thing about the two items we were voting on  The woman presenting the first item droned on and on, going over the same points.  That's when I remembered why I usually skip the meetings, and vote by proxy.  I was more tired after the meeting than after doing the mowing and trimming.

I'm sorry I missed seeing Vanessa @JazzyV sail away.  I hope she has a wonderful cruise.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My visit to Falmouth was June 6, 2015, a Sunday.  I had decided my first stop would be at Falmouth Methodist Church.  Oddly, the sanctuary is on the third level:

falmouthch1.jpg

The small town does not have a full time minister and is part of a circuit of 6 parishes.  On this day there was a lay leader and he chose a coffee chat format:

falmouthch2.jpg

The town is at a strategic location and one of the primary forts was Pendennis Castle with 2 main buildings:

pendennisentry.jpg

henry8fort.jpg

henry8view.jpg

barracks1.jpg

barracks2.jpg

The barracks also had a "war room" where in times of battle the soldiers could sleep within a few steps of their weapons.

warshelter.jpg

Roy

Roy, thank you for sharing your pictures from Falmouth.  The church and barracks look very interesting.

4 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Good morning! Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 👏🎉 for all the celebrations.

@aliaschief, was the PV excursion private or ship? What’s the name of the excursion? TIA. 

I’m supposed to wear a hard eye shield at night, but I was wearing it all the time because my vision is still fragmented/blurry.  I think the surgeon wants me to wear it at night to prevent unintentional rubbing. But since my face is in the contraption I think I’ll be OK. 

But I’m sensitive to adhesive and even with paper tape my face was starting to get a bit raw. So yesterday I took off the eye shield and put A&D ointment on. I’ll just have to deal with the vision part. 

My face felt better by evening and I put on the shield again. Well, this morning when I took off the shield I was almost afraid I was going to peel my skin off! 😱 No more shield!

Otherwise I’m doing good, sleeping/taking naps when I get tired. Thanks for the continued well wishes. 😘

Have a great day everyone! 

Marcia, I have a crazy idea that would make you look like a pirate, if you really need to wear the hard shield.  If you have some of the non-adhesive tape that sticks to itself, you could wrap it at an angle around your head to hold the shield in place.  Coming up with weird, crazy ideas is one thing I'm good at doing.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Marcia, I have a crazy idea that would make you look like a pirate, if you really need to wear the hard shield.  If you have some of the non-adhesive tape that sticks to itself, you could wrap it at an angle around your head to hold the shield in place.  Coming up with weird, crazy ideas is one thing I'm good at doing.

I was thinking along the same line, although I hadn't thought of the non-adhesive bandage to hold it. I was imagining tying a strip of cloth or gauze, but I realized that I couldn't tie anything behind my head. This refers to general klutziness; I'm not saying that it would be impossible.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear, Marcia.  I too am very sensitive to adhesive so I can’t imagine how difficult that was for you 😔. I don’t blame you for taking it off.  

Maybe call on Monday though and just make sure it won’t cause harm without it and let them know your adhesive sensitivity - just to be safe?  (Sorry for butting my nose in).

You’re not butting in. They know about the adhesive sensitivity. They gave me a red wristband before surgery with “allergic to adhesive” on it. But yes, I’ll give the office a call on Monday. 

48 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I can try holding the eye shield in place with a headband, thank you for the idea. 😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Lunch was fantastic, it was DH and me, and my friend Debbie, who loves music like I do, and Penny, who is a wild woman and simply one of the most outspoken (sometimes speaking out about anything she knows nothing about) but very endearing woman I know.  Those two were both late, and to make matters worse Penny started yelling at Debbie about where a restaurant was because she said Debbie was wrong (it is Debbie's neighborhood)  so all in all, I'm pretty sure the rest of the patrons were amused.  Debbie was not.  Oh well....keep those two separate on my social calendar.  Luckily the food was delicious.  I don't usually eat dessert out, but since it was a celebration, I did.  Pecan pie with extra real whipped cream.  And the ravioli was spectacular.  Swimming there on top of spinach in a creamy garlic sauce.

And that was the meal for the day.  I'll still be full later tonight.  

My boss Lisa was emphatic that I work all 20 hours of the campaign this week, so I came back and did an hour and half of work.. DH decided to work tonight, and he is working until 9, which gives me several more hours to do some cruise research (land portion) for Vancouver, and create a grocery list for the upcoming week.  I need to clean out the freezer, so I know one night is shrimp curry, and one night is chicken and what do I eat the rest of the week?

b3a40723540bfcb85e8b5b11f2be3ae5--refrigerators-fun-stuff.jpg

animals-freezer-frozen-antarctic-refrigerators-penguins-rron849_low.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 13
  • Haha 6

Good Evening !

Cool and windy here. Can’t wait for warmer temps.

We are resting up today because tomorrow we are babysitting our 2 Baby Grands, they were born 10 days apart and are 16 months old.  They are so adorable. Our 4 year old GS is going to the cinema for the first time with his parents and uncle.  Because of them,every day is Earth Day❤️

Wishing everyone the best!

Jo

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

You’re not butting in. They know about the adhesive sensitivity. They gave me a red wristband before surgery with “allergic to adhesive” on it. But yes, I’ll give the office a call on Monday. 

I can try holding the eye shield in place with a headband, thank you for the idea. 😉

I'm  glad my crazy idea wasn't so crazy after all.  The headband is a great and easier replacement fot the tape.  I hope it works.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Lunch was fantastic, it was DH and me, and my friend Debbie, who loves music like I do, and Penny, who is a wild woman and simply one of the most outspoken (sometimes speaking out about anything she knows nothing about) but very endearing woman I know.  Those two were both late, and to make matters worse Penny started yelling at Debbie about where a restaurant was because she said Debbie was wrong (it is Debbie's neighborhood)  so all in all, I'm pretty sure the rest of the patrons were amused.  Debbie was not.  Oh well....keep those two separate on my social calendar.  Luckily the food was delicious.  I don't usually eat dessert out, but since it was a celebration, I did.  Pecan pie with extra real whipped cream.  And the ravioli was spectacular.  Swimming there on top of spinach in a creamy garlic sauce.

And that was the meal for the day.  I'll still be full later tonight.  

My boss Lisa was emphatic that I work all 20 hours of the campaign this week, so I came back and did an hour and half of work.. DH decided to work tonight, and he is working until 9, which gives me several more hours to do some cruise research (land portion) for Vancouver, and create a grocery list for the upcoming week.  I need to clean out the freezer, so I know one night is shrimp curry, and one night is chicken and what do I eat the rest of the week?

b3a40723540bfcb85e8b5b11f2be3ae5--refrigerators-fun-stuff.jpg

animals-freezer-frozen-antarctic-refrigerators-penguins-rron849_low.jpg

Annie, I'm glad the lunch weny well.  I loved the memes.

2 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

Good Evening !

Cool and windy here. Can’t wait for warmer temps.

We are resting up today because tomorrow we are babysitting our 2 Baby Grands, they were born 10 days apart and are 16 months old.  They are so adorable. Our 4 year old GS is going to the cinema for the first time with his parents and uncle.  Because of them,every day is Earth Day❤️

Wishing everyone the best!

Jo

Enjoy your day with the baby grands.

Lenda

• Like 10

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

falmouthch1.jpg

falmouthch2.jpg

pendennisentry.jpg

henry8fort.jpg

henry8view.jpg

barracks1.jpg

barracks2.jpg

warshelter.jpg

Roy

Still trying to reason why your photos are not posting All I get is a small square with ? Mark. Everyone else’s picture show???

• Like 3