The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 22nd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good morning, everyone!

@Rowsby  Love the cake!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.23148f5d456f3b3842fa596a351ac46f.jpg

It was a rainy start to the day here in mid-Michigan.  It seems to be clearing up now so I will get my walk in.  The only other thing on the agenda is to visit our adopted mom, Ellamary, at her assisted living place.  When people ask, we always say we are Ellamary's adopted evil step daughters.  Ellamary says we're the ones that had all the fun.  

Today's meal sounds good, but I will pass due to the carbs.  I rarely have any kind of pasta because of carbs.  I'm pretty sure this recipe could allow for any vegetable you might prefer.  I didn't find many variations of this one, so only two to choose from today.   https://www.slurrp.com/recipes/ravioli-with-snap-peas-mushrooms-1615564550

raviolisnappeas1.thumb.jpg.caf152f7d115199547abd8ef67137f99.jpg

The last one was topped with chopped hazelnuts and this one has pistachios.  Two great choices there!   https://www.thegratefulgirlcooks.com/ravioli-mushrooms-peas/

raviolisnappeas2.jpg.c6820563f2a6f6f1ba0651fa86a85599.jpg

@mamaofami I am so sorry to hear of Sam's pneumonia.  Hopefully, the antibiotics will work quickly.  

@ger_77 I'm happy you enjoyed the visit with your elderly friends.  How nice of you to open your home to them!   Don't worry about the cabinet door.  Friends only care if you have wine.

@smitty34877 Good news that the oxygen company finally responded.  So sorry doesn't cut it.  What would have happened if  you had run out of back up oxygen?

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@JazzyV

BonVoyage.png.2d748e7183b97c5c485225d3998cff0b.png

Vanessa, I hope you and BFF have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.  I also hope your three weeks in Germany is filled with fun, family (BFF's) and good times.

Lenda

+1

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

@Rowsby  Love the cake!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.23148f5d456f3b3842fa596a351ac46f.jpg

It was a rainy start to the day here in mid-Michigan.  It seems to be clearing up now so I will get my walk in.  The only other thing on the agenda is to visit our adopted mom, Ellamary, at her assisted living place.  When people ask, we always say we are Ellamary's adopted evil step daughters.  Ellamary says we're the ones that had all the fun.  

Today's meal sounds good, but I will pass due to the carbs.  I rarely have any kind of pasta because of carbs.  I'm pretty sure this recipe could allow for any vegetable you might prefer.  I didn't find many variations of this one, so only two to choose from today.   https://www.slurrp.com/recipes/ravioli-with-snap-peas-mushrooms-1615564550

raviolisnappeas1.thumb.jpg.caf152f7d115199547abd8ef67137f99.jpg

The last one was topped with chopped hazelnuts and this one has pistachios.  Two great choices there!   https://www.thegratefulgirlcooks.com/ravioli-mushrooms-peas/

raviolisnappeas2.jpg.c6820563f2a6f6f1ba0651fa86a85599.jpg

@mamaofami I am so sorry to hear of Sam's pneumonia.  Hopefully, the antibiotics will work quickly.  

@ger_77 I'm happy you enjoyed the visit with your elderly friends.  How nice of you to open your home to them!   Don't worry about the cabinet door.  Friends only care if you have wine.

@smitty34877 Good news that the oxygen company finally responded.  So sorry doesn't cut it.  What would have happened if  you had run out of back up oxygen?

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

We would have called 911.She is struggling  with the oxygen.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Earth Day everyone; we need to take care of our planet so our children's children have something to give their children.  I wasn't a Girl Scout, and find jelly beans way too sweet; maybe if they were made of chocolate . . .

It was nice being able to get up and not tippy toe around the house to wake our guests.  I could get up, shuffle into the kitchen, start the coffee maker, open and shut cupboards and drawers, etc.  We love our friends dearly, but do love our privacy as well.  

@Rowsbywishing you a very Happy Birthday; love the cake!

@smitty34877oh my gosh on the oxygen; hopefully the company shows up quickly for you!

@RMLincolnglad you were able to attend your cousin's funeral and enjoy a visit with your grands.

@Lady Hudsonwell done - I've got to get into that mode as well.  In the past I've also found that a low carb diet is one that really works for me.

@JazzyV Bon Voyage!!

I just heard on the radio that the great Australian entertainer "Dame Edna" (Barry Humphries) has passed away.  Gosh, I loved him and his "Hello possums!".  A loss to the entertainment world, but at 89, he deserved a rest.

Not a lot going on right now, laundry to do, some vacuuming and dusting and that's about all I've got on my agenda for the day.  Oh, and watching the snow melt off the lawns again.  LOL  Although I'm not a huge fan of ravioli, I think the menu suggestion sounds good - I'd likely sub in plain spaghetti instead.  Looking at the fridge, we've got leftovers to eat from these past few days, so we'll be enjoying them at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

We would have called 911.She is struggling  with the oxygen.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tana's oxygen issues Terry.

It must be frightening for you all.

I hope the company make sure you have plenty of back up stock of oxygen.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

Sunrise from the “holding area” as we await our canal pilots. The last I heard our time to enter first lock (Gaton) is 7:30 ish. (Have to confirm with FD). Excitement on deck is growing. 🙂

IMG_0483.thumb.jpeg.a23ac93218cad4ed0662368dd5f436e0.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

Hoping you and all aboard have an enjoyable transit through the canal today!

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. Thanks to all for the Daily. It is 49 and rain is coming later today. Eva,  @superoma, I am so sorry that I gave you the wrong name yesterday. I have been making a lot of mistakes lately and don’t catch them in time.

We were at this port while on the Prinsendam and took the shuttle into the pretty town. DH and I found a place to have “Cream Tea” . It was a great place to walk around as one can see from Sandi’s pictures.

I used to love jelly beans but dental work has cured me of that. I salute Girl Scout leaders and wish we could do more to save our planet.

I have been up since two thirty due to oxygen compressor difficulties again. I am waiting to speak to a human at the company(24 hour service?) as all I could do was leave a message in the middle of the night. I have about three hours of oxygen in the backup tank.Adrenaline was going here!

I wish you all a very good day.

I'm sorry you and Tana have had such a hard time of it last night.  That is inexcusable not having a person available to answer the phone with 24 hour service advertised.  Hoping now that they've contacted you they arrive soon!

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Sandi & Rich for bringing us today’s R & D.  It looks to be another lovely day in the neighborhood.  

Thank you Eva @superoma for taking up the reins of the Cares & Celebrations lists.  Your first post was stellar. You may not have been happy with how it looked, but I only noticed how wonderful it was of you to step up. 

Yesterday was a bit crazy. My new fridge arrived in the early part of the time window. But when we turned the water line from my water purifying tank back on, we discovered a leak behind the wall. But luckily my plumber could fit me in yesterday afternoon, so all is now operating smoothly. Yeah!  Today I have a couple of yard projects and then this afternoon is our neighborhood block party. The weather should be great 🤞🏻.

8BFF34F8-3AC5-4626-AB7D-6D0BED4A6938.jpeg.723f7e68d0c0878256dceb0969486e84.jpeg

0E1649CC-B7EC-49D5-ADCA-38176A42A01B.jpeg.eec7a58b69f8c9d5327fbc655f05a096.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! @kazu Jacqui, so happy to read that you & Ivan are trying each other out. I hope it works out for both of you. 

Get well & stay well everyone!

Hanzell Sebella Pinot Noir Sonoma Valley 2019

Note: I tweaked the name of this wine a bit. This Sonoma Pinot Noir sounds great and reasonably priced. And I found several online distributors that ship to me with prices starting at $31.85.

Winemaker Notes

Gorgeous red fruit aromas of pomegranate, cherry and cranberry coalesce with herbal scents of sage and pipe tobacco, reminiscent of a briar patch. Plush and soft on entry, gaining energy and structure with fine, mouth-coating tannins on the mid-palate. The flavors of pomegranate, cola, orange peel and herbs are long and layered. Lovely to enjoy now, the 2019 Sebella Pinot Noir will gain in polish and complexity with mid-term cellaring.

WE94 Wine Enthusiast

Having spent nine months in new French oak, this wine offers a mix of bright acidity and crunchy red fruit. It uncovers white pepper, lavender and forest floor accents as it develops, yielding a wine that shows tremendous value for the quality. Editors’ Choice.

JS93 James Suckling

This shows notes of ripe red fruit, orange peel, dried herbs and flowers. Fresh and attractive fruit character. Juicy and succulent. Light and easy to drink.

V90 Vinous

Silky, translucent and beautifully lifted, the Sebella Pinot Noir is a gorgeous wine. Crushed flowers, sage, sweet red berry fruit and bright acids lend energy and vibrancy throughout. The Sebella is made from purchased fruit, but the style of the wine is very much in line with the estate. Best of all, this stellar Pinot is a terrific value. Best after 2022.

Ann, I bet that was a surprise when the water line leaked, but I'm thankful you had a plumber close at hand to handle it.  I hope the new refrigerator works out well for you.  Now, have a fun time at the block party today!

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Waiting for another storm tonight. The weather has been very scary lately. It was confirmed yesterday that Sam has pneumonia. He’s on antibiotics and resting at home. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia.  Hoping the antibiotics take hold immediately and he is back to his usual self sooon.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Sandi.

Two wonderful days - earth day which is so important and girl scout leaders.  We wouldn’t have girl scouts without them.

LOL on the Zsa Zsa’s quote.  It sure does sound like something she would say 🙂 The meal sounds intriguing - I’ll wait for Debbie’s @dfishsuggestions.

We enjoyed our visit to Falmouth and like the others were also on the Prinsendam when we were there.

E6AC0406-17D3-4284-A56C-DAC407022B4E.jpeg.9f24f694900db85d878b84262f21cd92.jpeg

I think I am paying the price for the sedentary lifestyle I had to undergo due to the elbow and foot.  Talk about out of shape!  This sums it up:

17F9E876-76D0-416E-83AA-6C9EE6C379AD.jpeg.a86ab0a37b84d8ffbbec3e476df7b30f.jpeg

The elbow was NOT happy planting - I found a way though and got all the bare root plantings in.  It took much longer than usual so today will be the bulbs - somehow 😉 🤞 

Sue - @Rowsby Happy Birthday - so nice you can celebrate with family! I hope it is a wonderful one!

9722F8A0-C7EB-448C-86D7-FBA2F355139C.jpeg.7478385cc9fbe725728f39e87c143627.jpeg

@smitty34877Oh my on the oxygen!  I sure hope you can get help FAST!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

57BF478F-51D6-4E2E-800F-D94D02C3BB02.thumb.jpeg.650297900b9035c54fe0b956900f69d7.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

Love the meme proclaiming "waking up with no pain means I'm dead" is so appropriate for some!  Me!  Have to share that one!  Thanks for posting and have a less painful day gardening today.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

care and celebration list

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Smitty34877’s DH’s GI surgery

Dobiemom’s sleeping issues

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Jodiesme1 mother and Her DH with Covid in Guatemala 

Too many shooting victims

Mamaofami’s dh with fluid on the lungs

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

NextOne needing valve surgery 

Former president jimmy Carter in Home hospice care

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps and copd

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy 

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Celebrations

Rafinmd’s good report from the Oncologist, Podiatrist and Pulmonologist

Marshhawk getting COPD med samples

Vict0riann’s week in Ireland

CruzinTerri celebrating that contractor is done and paid

Dobiemom’s good report from after surgery checkup 

New refrigerator for cat shepherd 

Oxygen crisis averted by tana’s aide

Grapau27 DM 93rd heavenly birthday

50th anniversary wishes to bennybear and her dh

Ger_77 good visit with friends

Good room assignment for HAL4NOW

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Bon voyage jazzyv (celebrity apex)

1 Day for Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 4/23 to 5/1)

8 days Lobsternight anniversary cruise and vow renewal (Nieuw Amsterdam 4/30 to 5/7)

Cruising

GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel to 4/23), 

aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) 

Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), 

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), 

Oceansaway17 (Vision of the Seas to 5/1)

St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), 

TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), 

Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), 

Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), 

USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), 

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Jazzyv cruise (celebrity apex) and vacation to 5/28

Great lists and we appreciate you posting them for us!

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Good morning all, we made it back home yesterday from the funeral trip for my cousins DH in NY. It was an intense trip, hectic and emotional. We did get about an hour with granddaughters and their guys (one is married, and it feels like the other will be announcing a wedding soon. ). The traffic was light both ways, and DH was able to do more driving than we had expected. Yay!   I’m so glad we could do it!  Maryland is so much closer than New Mexico!  

I’ve missed a lot here but congrats to @bennybear and DH on their milestone anniversary!  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers wonderful pix of Falmouth! Several years ago on a multi-legged European trip we left a cruise in Venice and flew to London, then we drove to Falmouth and stayed for 10 days visiting my DHs grandfather’s birthplace. Found his great-grandparents graves in the church cemetery in St Mylar across the bay! A church dating back to 411CE when monks came across from Brittany France.  We used one of those little foot-ferries as in your photo to go across the bay then walked to the church on a pubic-access trail through a manor estate. It was about 3 miles, not sure I could do it today with my hip issues. And to get on the ferry there were the steep concrete steps your picture shows - IIRC, they have a 9 metre tide shift there!  It was an impressive and deeply meaningful trip!  

I feel our world shrinking but we’ve had a lot of good times and amazing travels, more than I ever could have imagined. 

While in the area this week we visited a retirement community we are considering as a viable option for our next chapter in life. It’s closer to the granddaughters, and at least one granddaughter seems to be stabilizing in that area. There’s pros and cons to consider but I’m blessed to have options!  

Today is laundry day and maybe groceries. Tomorrow is symphony, we can enjoy the things we came here to do for a little while yet!  We gave away two sets of symphony tickets last month while we had COVID!  🤞we didn’t pick up anything at the family gatherings and can make it tomorrow and Thursday!  

Blessings to all those in need of healing, comfort or hope!  A path forward for @marshhawk, and oxygen for @smitty34877!! Good reports for the medical appointments!  Successful surgeries and therapies, amazing what can be done!  

Cheers 🥂 to all celebrating!  Life is good!  

Bon Voyage to our cruisers!  🙏 for Healthy travels!  (For me that’s been a craps-shoot… I do what I can but sometimes we’ve picked up the crud… thankfully we’ve always recovered!)

—Maureen 

Love the story about your trip to Falmouth!  Thank you for sharing it.  And welcome home.

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Thank you to all who post and our friends who take responsibility to add information daily.  This thread had become part of my morning coffee and daily internet news routine. 😀

I will be busy today getting ready for tomorrow’s trip and making sure DH has all he will need.  DD comes this afternoon (with her very hairy dog) and I promised to go to a local restaurant to get her favorite - lobster ravioli.

I will need to get in my daily 3 mile walk.  Now for a personal pat on the back.  I have kept my New Year’s resolution of sticking to a low carb diet with very few “cheats”. Result is 22 lbs lost. Low carb is one diet that really seems to work for me. I will be packing clothes I haven’t worn in years.

Best wishes to all for a great weekend.  Katherine 

Great job with the weight loss!  Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise.

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Another grey day with rain in the forecast, chilly but not cold. We are promised sunshine for tomorrow and 10c. Most of the family is coming to dinner tomorrow for roasted pork hocks, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. My dietitian daughters and most of the grands request this once a year and we try to do it in the winter as it is a cold weather food. But with, Covid, exams, and other things on the schedule this was the first available date. 

so, still working on the formatting of the list but I will get to where I am happy with it. You will all say you are happy it is posted and it is ok, but my quality control background makes me want better. Stay tuned!

prayers for all that need them. Celebratory shoutout to those travelling or celebrating something.

Hope the family dinner goes off without a hitch and you all make happy memories of it.  Priceless!

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning.  Thanks for starting our morning with the beautiful photos of Falmouth Sandi.   It looks like you had a great time.    Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports each day.  All three of the comestibles look like winners to me though the Ravioli would be a little too high carb for me.  @superoma thanks for taking care of our Daily Care and Celebrations list.  So happy to see our members embarking soon on cruises.   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.    

We are heading to Costco in a few minutes.   I ran out of the great potting mix that they sell and my DS told me it is now on sale.    I need two bags for all my container plants at the cabin.   We have a lot of cooler weather so it makes sense to get it done today.  We may drive to Holland, Michigan tomorrow to look at the tulips.  Their Tulip Festival is always the first weekend in May but my tulips are all open so I imagine there will be quite a nice show when we just drive through the city admiring them.  Have a great Saturday!  Nancy 

I would love living close enough to see the Tulip Festival in Holland MI.  Hope they are blooming for you!

56 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!   If it stormed last night, I slept right through it.  However those of you on the east coast, beware of your weather!

I like Jelly Belly Beans, but they don't like me at all.  I was a girl scout for a a very short time.  Like 2 months. And I remember the very first Earth day.  We all decided to walk to school, and walk home.  My BF in high school lived 12 miles away, or more, she got home very late that night, and I didn't see her again for a month.  She had mono.

Ravioli?  I'm getting together with some friends, and I am going to order the crayfish ravioli with garlic cream.  Being a diabetic, I know that pasta is not my friend, but tomorrow is my birthday,. and the friends were available today.  Well I have to work this morning for a couple of hours, and then work this afternoon when I get back.  And then tomorrow is off!  Yeah!

Have a wonderful day everyone! 

Enjoy your early birthday dinner with the friends!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

We had a nice day in Puerto Vallarta and surrounding area. A clean, safe  quaint city at the foothills of the Sierra Madres. The setting for a movie classic The Night Of The Iguanas. After visiting some iconic picture spots and Our Lady Of Guadeloupe church we traveled out of town where we eventually left the highway for a dirt road up a bumpy hillside until we got to what could be best described as a lush oasis. Pretty setting were the chef led us through making our own salsa and guacamole. I added some habanero to my mortar and pestle lava bowl and my extra spicy salsa and fresh guacamole were great with my chicken tostadas. The tour also included a tequila tasting of their various brands and margaritas flowed during the visit. 
Second time doing this excursion. Fun time.

Have a great Saturday and weekend. Thanks for the reports.

image.thumb.jpeg.aec06e49c16bde7768bdc9d5dfd58790.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a9414752939ffcbc65950bfb4a1bb835.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.713371689668ec0d5c4df0aec3ec691e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d17abddacea5932aff6cb1d006ae2d7b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20bd4b8c4c1da8f55b5faf3974118fa8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e5badb6f6aba59f7a0ea85b18d60f35b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1b3cfdc11f7e4c6fcedb437c878c3b29.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.02215e036609d009fba17a2d84d193a9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.550082a515fa12136660fa0ae39cda13.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

Earlier I posted food pics from last nights Master Chef Pinnacle Dinner I was sure they posted but don’t see them?
Service and presentations were spot on but we were somewhat disappointed. The shrimp were dry and mushy as was the lobster. Filets were offered at only medium or well done and also were rather blah and also dry. The quality of food was better at Canaletto’s Master Chef dinner.

So will try and post the food pics again. Excuse if it becomes duplicates.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea6e1e60c86831360f0c49a7f828b03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.456c441cd0ee07b26e3e14216aa0ee0b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c5e5d3dd6022d12863a53e5deb09b8e1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa810f3a372729614259bdf15b477938.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ed3a17be168b426f081dd194a7d91dfb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9bf0367707578daaedb1e362f5f81c36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7adc580ac241c5f1e25d97c960a9b9be.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning from a warm but cloudy day at the beach

Really like Jelly Beans but only have them at Easter. THe meal suggestion sounds good.  May have to try it. Have not been to todays port , thanks for the pictures.

@Rowsby Happy Birthday. Love the cake! Enjoy your day with the family.

@Lady Hudson Good for you! Enjoy your trip.

@smitty34877 THat sounds very scary. It seems that the oxugen company should be more responsive. 

@JazzyV have a wonderful trip.

It is really wonderful to hear that so many are cruising again. I hope that those terrible days are behind us and we all can safely go forward.

We are going out on our friends boat this afternoon. Always fun. Have to get some snacks together. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is currently 57F and warming to 75F.  This afternoon, I'll get out and mow and trim the yard.  They are teasing us with predictions of rain for the next several days. and since I fertilized last week, I don't think I can wait until Thursday or Friday to mow.  This morning is our semi-annual homeowners meeting, which I need to attend since I didn't get my proxy form into the secretary by the deadline.  At least, it was a good morning until my post went poof just as I was ready to click on submit reply.

Everyday should be Earth Day so future generations will have a home.  I appreciate all the hard work Girl Scout leaders do.  DH likes jelly beans (Jelly Belly), and he can have mine.

I've always laughed at the Zsa Zsa Gabor quote.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine looks luverly.

Falmouth was on our cancelled 2022 world cruise on Coral Princess.  Since we've been the northern most point, we had planned to go to Land's End, the southern most point.  @StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for sharing your pictures.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry you did not get a good night's sleep last night.  Try to get some rest today.

@TiogaCruiser  Laura, I hope you have a good day in the canal.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry you and Tana had problems with the oxygen compressor last night.  I hope they can get everything fixed today.  I'm sorry Tana is struggling even with the oxygen.

@cat shepard  Ann, I'm glad the plumber could get the leak fixed quickly.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm sorry Sam has pneumonia, and I hope the antibiotics help quickly.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm glad you made it home safely and that your DH could help with the driving.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, congratulations on keeping the weight off.

@superoma  Eva, enjoy the special dinner with your family tomorrow.  I know you'll keep working the formatting, but for us, it's the contents of the lists that is important.

@marshhawk  Annie, enjoy your birthday lunch.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm sorry the food at last night's special dinner was not up to par.  Not having medium rare beef would have made me unhappy.  Thanks for the pictures from Puerto Vallarta.

@ger_77  Gerry, thanks for sharing the news about Dame Edna's passing.  I always enjoyed watching her perform.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Earlier I posted food pics from last nights Master Chef Pinnacle Dinner I was sure they posted but don’t see them?
Service and presentations were spot on but we were somewhat disappointed. The shrimp were dry and mushy as was the lobster. Filets were offered at only medium or well done and also were rather blah and also dry. The quality of food was better at Canaletto’s Master Chef dinner.

So will try and post the food pics again. Excuse if it becomes duplicates.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea6e1e60c86831360f0c49a7f828b03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.456c441cd0ee07b26e3e14216aa0ee0b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c5e5d3dd6022d12863a53e5deb09b8e1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa810f3a372729614259bdf15b477938.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ed3a17be168b426f081dd194a7d91dfb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9bf0367707578daaedb1e362f5f81c36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7adc580ac241c5f1e25d97c960a9b9be.jpeg

Maybe next time you dine at PG you can get a BOGO since it appeared twice! 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The Volendam is headed toward the Gatun Lock right now in the Panama Canal.  Our friends @Sharon in AZ, @TiogaCruiser, @Dismomx5 and @AV8rix are on board.

https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/gatun.html

Thanks for posting the link. 

Hope they enjoy the transit, I'm watching.

• Like 13

Good morning all!

I will celebrate Earth Day by going to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival today.  12 of the family will be there!  DDIL has found that the house they bought has no spring bulbs in the yard, so she's hoping to buy a lot of tulip bulbs today.  I have plenty, including some I brought from Amsterdam a few years ago.

I was never a Girl Scout, love jelly beans but don't buy them because they're like chips (you can't eat just one). 🤣  I've always liked that quote.  I will be having ravioli for lunch today (no mushrooms) when we all meet at our favorite Italian restaurant -- but will be walking a lot so I refuse to think about the carbs. 😉 😅 Have never been to Falmouth, will pass on the drink and red wine. 

Happy Birthday Sue @Rowsby!  Love the cake. 🙂 

Terry @smitty34877I'm so sorry about the oxygen scare and hope it has been delivered by now.

Katherine @Lady Hudson Safe travels and Bon Voyage!  Congrats on the weight loss too!  

Carol @mamaofami  I'm sorry your DH has pneumonia and hope the antibiotics help quickly.

Vanessa @JazzyV Bon Voyage!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@Quartzsite Cruiser No need to be sorry Lenda. It still was a lovely evening out with my beautiful wife. We are pretty much foodies and have been to many of these dinners. All subjective and I’m sure some others are raving about the dining experience.

@Rowsby Happy Birthday!🎂🍾

@RedneckBobWeird that my foodies pics do not show twice here. Right now I’m clueless as to what BOGO stands for?😁

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good late morning,

It is windy cold day. I love the meal choice and quote. I am not a big jelly bean fan until I recently tasted the best jelly beans I have ever had in Tucson. They are round like sour balls so I did not try them until the hostess said they were jelly beans. It is good we were only there a few days. 

Bon voyage to all our travelers and good sailing to those who are already on their ships. 

Happy birthday and belated Happy anniversary. Prayers to those on the prayer list. I had better go the grands are way to quiet!

• Like 22

Good morning from the lovely Volendam sailing the Gatun Lake right now. Earlier I went out on deck 6 for about an hour. It was nice but it was taking longer than I seemed to remember from my previous transit and needed to get to breakfast. When I got back we had already passed the “arrow” marking our lane. But I found a nice shady spot on deck 3 and watched until my pedicure appointment. 

B471E2FA-A28F-45F1-92B0-9ABE12847949.thumb.jpeg.761fba96f3753424b917e1ee2d0a94f9.jpeg

845C8D6A-9434-4251-8FF1-3988D101E6DD.thumb.jpeg.f634986fe52e2203a19f6a3a483733eb.jpeg

86E19AEF-D828-4D17-8E4F-6F420DE912F9.thumb.jpeg.ad47a95eaa78284fa1eb8256e4bacf1a.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning! Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 👏🎉 for all the celebrations.

@aliaschief, was the PV excursion private or ship? What’s the name of the excursion? TIA. 

I’m supposed to wear a hard eye shield at night, but I was wearing it all the time because my vision is still fragmented/blurry.  I think the surgeon wants me to wear it at night to prevent unintentional rubbing. But since my face is in the contraption I think I’ll be OK. 

But I’m sensitive to adhesive and even with paper tape my face was starting to get a bit raw. So yesterday I took off the eye shield and put A&D ointment on. I’ll just have to deal with the vision part. 

My face felt better by evening and I put on the shield again. Well, this morning when I took off the shield I was almost afraid I was going to peel my skin off! 😱 No more shield!

Otherwise I’m doing good, sleeping/taking naps when I get tired. Thanks for the continued well wishes. 😘

Have a great day everyone! 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3