Platinum Disappointment

HOUSTONVIP

Just back off the Breeze, first cruise since Covid. Fun times, No masking. Felt pretty normal, however, As a Platinum Carnival cruiser, I was very disappointed that there were ZERO Platinum perks. No Pin, no gift, No Brunch cocktail, no In room treat. Nada. Yes we got Priorty boarding. I have been Platinum for a while, but this was my wife's first cruise as a Platinum guest. I guess things have changed.

Robert

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HOUSTONVIP said:

Just back off the Breeze, first cruise since Covid. Fun times, No masking. Felt pretty normal, however, As a Platinum Carnival cruiser, I was very disappointed that there were ZERO Platinum perks. No Pin, no gift, No Brunch cocktail, no In room treat. Nada. Yes we got Priorty boarding. I have been Platinum for a while, but this was my wife's first cruise as a Platinum guest. I guess things have changed.

Robert

You get all of those things. They are not delivered to your stateroom anymore but there should have been a QR code tattoo somewhere in the stateroom to scan that would tell you where to go to get them all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have sailed 4 times since the restart and I only remembered to go and pick up the Platinum gifts at pixel on 2 of them.  I don't really think about the Platinum perks when going on a cruise.  I like the priority embarkation and debarkation. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HOUSTONVIP said:

Robert

Was Pixels out of pins and gifts?

The bar out of water?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My advice Robert, come to this site and learn as much as you can BEFORE you go on your next cruise. This issue has been talked about ad nauseam on this site. I try to learn as much as I can before I go instead of figuring it out once I've returned. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

I kind of feel the OP pain a bit  on the platinum items not being in the room right away. If other cruise lines is still putting platinum items in the room, why cant carnival do the same thing?

Of course that makes too much sense. I'm guessing they're hoping people don't show up and so they save money. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I kind of feel the OP pain a bit  on the platinum items not being in the room right away. If other cruise lines is still putting platinum items in the room, why cant carnival do the same thing?

Carnival doesn't have enough crew to do it.

And a lot of people don't know about or don't bother to get their stuff so they can save money that way too.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 4

We are on Dream now and they actually did run out of pins (huge number of diamond/platinum on this sailing) but they told us to come back the next day and they had more.

Everything has been great - priority boarding & water shuttle, free laundry has been really quick (same day when submitted early enough).

• Like 2

For future reference for those reading this that might not know.

1.  Pins and Gift are at Pixels

2.  "Treat" call room service

3.  Lg bottle of water, can pick up at an bar, in any dinning room, or just let you room Steward know and take the one in the room. (advise bar or dinning room you are using your 1 free bottle)

PS:  It could be that they are short staffed or decided to stick with the protocol because it saves them money (no one has to deliver it and if they don't pick it up they have to buy less).  However, it as advantageous for all to have less people running in out of rooms potentially spreading stuff.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

Going to be interesting cruise in June. DW and i are platinum and our daughter and Grand children are not. Grand kids first cruise and daughters 3rd. We have 2 rooms and and a platinum member booked each one so i believe everyone will enjoy early boarding and priority tenders on HMC. Yes the last few cruises we have had to stop at different locations to pickup our platinum benefits.  

3 hours ago, HOUSTONVIP said:

Robert

I dont have a scanner but I'd read to pick them up. However if you knew there were perks to get why didnt you ask someone? If you couldn't be bothered to ask then I'd say you are to blame. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Why do people never have the time to ask on the ship but always have time to complain after?

I could see how people who aren't super plugged in would go into their room and not see a free bottle of water, chocolate delight, etc., waiting for them and assume it was just as simple as Carnival quit that program and not take it any further.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Why do people never have the time to ask on the ship but always have time to complain after?

Because they are having fun on the ship and not when they have to go back home.  Post-vacation depression. Makes you irritable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I could see how people who aren't super plugged in would go into their room and not see a free bottle of water, chocolate delight, etc., waiting for them and assume it was just as simple as Carnival quit that program and not take it any further.

You don't have to be plugged in to ask your cabin steward or pick up the phone and call guest services.

If someone makes an assumption, that is on them.

6 hours ago, HOUSTONVIP said:

Robert

Its been announced for almost 2 years how to get your platinum perks.  Not sure how you missed it.

• Like 2