7 day cruise packing list with carry-on luggage only?

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I really don't need to look for anything. I have 2 pieces that I have been using for years now and they do great but sometimes I just like to see what is out there.

I can’t look too much because I end up buying !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just started packing for a 25 day cruise ex Boston to Iceland (cold!) and a month afterwards in Canada 

We need to pack for warmer weather too - 5 days in Boston will be the warmest but the weather in Quebec after the cruise should be pretty nice too. This is my basic clothing in the photo:  from the left 

• 4 light weight tops in tencel short or no sleeves 
  • navy/white  sleeveless cotton top which is a bit nicer which layers with the 3/4 sleeved shirt (evenings on board) 
  •  water resistant blue trousers 
  •  light weight green shorts 
  • light weight blue culottes (maybe what Americans can capris? between knee and ankle) 
  • black merino  trousers which are both my warmest layer and my evening trousers (they did ok on Cunard so should be good for HAL) 
  • chiffon glittery even top - which looks great over my black  t-shirt (seriously) 
  • black long sleeeved black merino top 
  • black merino leggings 

Not shown: hat/ gloves, buff (all merino). Packable down jacket, packable waterproof jacket, merino zip-through mid-layer, merino singlet, underwear, socks, swimsuit.  Waterproof walking shoes, sandals, and pair of lightweight sneakers. 

I also use scarfs and necklaces to dress up outfits for evening. 

All of my clothing is sink washable at a pinch and will dry overnight in air con or on a heated towel rail.

IMG_9765.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lissie said:

I've just started packing for a 25 day cruise ex Boston to Iceland (cold!) and a month afterwards in Canada 

We need to pack for warmer weather too - 5 days in Boston will be the warmest but the weather in Quebec after the cruise should be pretty nice too. This is my basic clothing in the photo:  from the left 

• 4 light weight tops in tencel short or no sleeves 
  • navy/white  sleeveless cotton top which is a bit nicer which layers with the 3/4 sleeved shirt (evenings on board) 
  •  water resistant blue trousers 
  •  light weight green shorts 
  • light weight blue culottes (maybe what Americans can capris? between knee and ankle) 
  • black merino  trousers which are both my warmest layer and my evening trousers (they did ok on Cunard so should be good for HAL) 
  • chiffon glittery even top - which looks great over my black  t-shirt (seriously) 
  • black long sleeeved black merino top 
  • black merino leggings 

Not shown: hat/ gloves, buff (all merino). Packable down jacket, packable waterproof jacket, merino zip-through mid-layer, merino singlet, underwear, socks, swimsuit.  Waterproof walking shoes, sandals, and pair of lightweight sneakers. 

I also use scarfs and necklaces to dress up outfits for evening. 

All of my clothing is sink washable at a pinch and will dry overnight in air con or on a heated towel rail.

IMG_9765.JPG

Looks like a great plan. Love to use merino wool

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 12:25 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, what is that grey bag on the left side of the photo?

Just reporting in ... I beamed up that grey bag.  Just clicked on it, looked, and clicked out.  Next day it was being pitched to me in a sidebar on AOL.  I use a gmail address for this forum. i  find this creepy, really creepy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Just reporting in ... I beamed up that grey bag.  Just clicked on it, looked, and clicked out.  Next day it was being pitched to me in a sidebar on AOL.  I use a gmail address for this forum. i  find this creepy, really creepy.

I agree...Big Brother is always listening!😲

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agree...Big Brother is always listening!😲

And yet, in spite of all the hard evidence, people insist on doing financial transactions on a PHONE.  Astonishing.  Ignorant or lazy?  I dunno.  

32 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Almost the exact same thing happened to me.  And this happens all the time.  Totally creepy.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aungrl said:

Almost the exact same thing happened to me.  And this happens all the time.  Totally creepy.  

I've been aware of this little phenomenon for years, but just assumed the objects in retail catalogues and ads I looked at sold the info to the ISP.  But this was a photo posted right here on Cruise Critic.  Unless ....

4 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I've been aware of this little phenomenon for years, but just assumed the objects in retail catalogues and ads I looked at sold the info to the ISP.  But this was a photo posted right here on Cruise Critic.  Unless ....

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Yup!🤑

12 hours ago, jsn55 said:

It's called retargetting - you went to the website and looked at something - they are now showing that image again in ads personalized to your browsing habits. 

What is targeted advertising? Is it bad & how to stop it - Surfshark - if you want to avoid it use a VPN 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lissie said:

It's called retargetting - you went to the website and looked at something - they are now showing that image again in ads personalized to your browsing habits. 

What is targeted advertising? Is it bad & how to stop it - Surfshark - if you want to avoid it use a VPN 

I know what it's called and where it comes from and how to avoid it.  I find it creepy that I did NOT go to any website, I clicked on a photo in a post on CruiseCritic.

Edited by jsn55

For those interested in trying some of the Merino wool clothes that we talk about:

Today is the last sale day on Woolx.  21% off.  SUMMER21 is the code.  Try a shirt.  Splurge for a dress.  Get leggings for winter.  Just sayin’.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 6:16 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09W5ZMQQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey Lois!!  
This is such a great bag!  I loved that I could organize my paperwork and iPad, chargers and the like.  It's a great price on Amazon, I think!

I have a weakness for bags.  Not expensive designer bags, but functional things.  I love the organization in this one, and I love that the interior is a lighter color /easier to find your things, but -- to my eye -- it looks a bit big to use for a day of touring.  

On 6/17/2023 at 6:39 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

It's deep, but it has handles.  I assure you, I never used it as a backpack. 🤣  LOL, my back would say big NO, because that is a bygone day!  I will say I wish it had the strap to hook it to your pull handle to your other bag.  I'm thinking that may be what you are looking for.    

Have you ever tried a Healthy Back Bag?  They're sling bags, so nothing fancy looking.  They're available in multiple sizes, come in a variety of materials, and -- even when full -- they feel like nothing.  They're so well thought out with the zipper on the "underside"; thus, harder for a pickpocket to access, and you can "sling" them around to your front to access your wallet.  Perfect pockets for pamphlets and paperwork one collects during travel.  

On 6/18/2023 at 9:22 AM, awhfy said:

Looks like a great plan. Love to use merino wool

I'm interested in merino wool, but I'm allergic to regular wool, so I'm nervous about spending on an item that might "attack me".  I'm thinking of trying a pair of socks first.  

On 6/20/2023 at 11:02 AM, jsn55 said:

That IS creepy!  One of my fellow teachers wrote us a great 3-day unit on how we're all being monitored online (and in other ways).  We paired it with the novel 1984, a natural match.  One of the big thing that stood out to me -- she had a great video about it:  If it's free to use (this board, for example), YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.  That is, if you're not paying to use it, they're collecting data from you /about you.  Your experience seems to be proof.  

What surprised me was that the students (high school seniors) were quite unconcerned about their online movements being tracked.  They were 100% certain that nothing online affects their purchasing -- they think that's for weak-minded chumps.  They are immune to advertising!  What DID upset them:  learning that their cell phone tracks their movements.  They don't want people do know where they go physically, but they see no issue with their online lives being monitored.  (Insert face palm here.) 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09W5ZMQQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is such a great bag! It's a great price on Amazon, I think!

Hey Sharon,

You are either an angel or the devil! I have bought this bag in the "gray and pink" that looks like taupe and coral to me. It comes with a smaller peach zipper bag that could be used to go to dinner! It was $44 yesterday but dropped to #37 today. I am such a sucker!

PS the pics show it does have a strap to hook it to your pull handle on a suitcase? Wide enough for the IT carryon, even. PPS sorry this pic is so big!

-- Elizabeth

New Bag.jpg

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hey Sharon,

You are either an angel or the devil! I have bought this bag in the "gray and pink" that looks like taupe and coral to me. It comes with a smaller peach zipper bag that could be used to go to dinner! It was $44 yesterday but dropped to #37 today. I am such a sucker!

PS the pics show it does have a strap to hook it to your pull handle on a suitcase? Wide enough for the IT carryon, even. PPS sorry this pic is so big!

-- Elizabeth

Elizabeth-
LOL, I really ❤️ that bag!  The Travel Fashion Girls group swayed me!!  I love that group....for the most part, a very positive, uplifting group of gals!  It really was wonderful for Europe because it was easy for me to organize.  I have to be honest, our trip last year to Europe is a blur....we canceled it twice and I think we were still shell shocked when it really happened!  If the strap for the luggage is there, I may have tried to use it, however the other bag I used is from my brother's ex-girlfriend who works for Delsey.  It was a bag they were in the testing stages with before making them available to the mass market.  I'm thinking I didn't like the way the handle on the Delsey felt when I put the other bag on it.  I know for a fact that Delsey improved the handle some, but mine is a little wonky.  Funny thing is, I wanted to take the Lovevook bag with me on a trip this past weekend and I can't find it.  Admittedly, I have to do some decluttering of the closet, but not in a rush on that at the moment.  I'm on a weight loss journey and I don't want to keep going in to clean it out.  The scarier thing for me right now is I have a cruise planned for January and I'm praying I can find a few things to wear and that I don't lose so much I don't have anything to take!

I absolutely love the color of your bag!!  You are going to love it!

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 3:47 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

Elizabeth-
LOL, I really ❤️ that bag!  ,,,I absolutely love the color of your bag!!  You are going to love it!

OohEee, it comes tomorrow! 

Background: we have both sizes of the eBag Slim (and Jr.Slim) x2... but they have SO much padding, I was left thinking we could have packed more stuff! The organization was fine, although it did keep my brain working about where everything was stored.

I wonder if the gray-black version of this bag could be masculine enough for my husband?!!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

That island green is a very feminine color. It’s a big bag

It's smaller than the "pink" one that's coming for me! His IT carryon-sized suitcase is teal-blue and I thought this "island green" was the most harmonious. But for now I have cancelled the order.

14 hours ago, crystalspin said:

How about this one? I was able to get an "open-box" for $13 or 14 off! Yes they are marketed to women, but the standard/masculine knapsacks don't have the features of these!

knapsack.jpg

My husband has one similar to this, he’s had it forever

• Like 1

I’ve been carry on only since 2010. 
Usually, I’m a bag that fits under the seat. 

noncruise, I take three to four days worth of clothes. Plus travel day clothes. 

Cruise, I add one more option, mainly for any chic type things. (So a nicer dress) 

I wash anything stinky that night. Usually, it’s dry by morning. 

my current pack is three bottoms, four tops and swim kit. Plus travel day. 
I have a small amount of skin care and tech. 

• Like 2

My husband's bag finally came! It is maybe a little narrower than his shoulders as a backpack, but love all the organizing pockets etc. Here's the neatest thing (other than getting it for $16 off) -- when both are empty, the navy one fits inside the peachy one, which will store in a carryon suitcase, which COULD nest in our one 25" suitcase!

two bags.jpg

It will be like the matryoshka doll of luggage!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/21/2023 at 9:26 AM, jsn55 said:

I know what it's called and where it comes from and how to avoid it.  I find it creepy that I did NOT go to any website, I clicked on a photo in a post on CruiseCritic.

Cruise Critic IS a Web site, and a large part of it is sales oriented.