2 premium deserts

Bjbilly

16 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

What are the premium deserts in this plus package  thanks for any info

You can find photos on the Princess website.  Basically, gelato with cake and cookies and candy all cemented to a tall glass container and they take lots of time to custom make.  Some also come with miniature bottles of alcohol.  Since you have a package, why is that even necessary?  

We can get any of the premium sundaes, cake slices, regular sundaes or scoops of gelato, 2 per day with the plus package, unlimited with the premium package.  

We got 3 total in a 15 day cruise. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, justafem said:

We can get any of the premium sundaes, cake slices, regular sundaes or scoops of gelato, 2 per day with the plus package, unlimited with the premium package.  

We got 3 total in a 15 day cruise. 

Only three ?

Just off Royal. Deluxe desserts are at gelato place. They have three fancy looking cakes and I tried each to be thorough of course.  Two were quite dry and just okay.  3rd was a bit better.  As mentioned, you can get one of the sundaes.  I just asked for 1/2 portion and it was much more reasonable.  But if you just want a scoop or two of gelato that works too and is under PLUS.  In general I thought main dining room desserts were higher quality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, markgray said:

Just off Royal. Deluxe desserts are at gelato place. They have three fancy looking cakes and I tried each to be thorough of course.  Two were quite dry and just okay.  3rd was a bit better. 

As with most Princess deserts, they usually look better than they taste.

I would have though the cakes offered with the Plus package would be of better quality. 

• Like 1

On Regal all they have is the gelato sundaes. They're not that great. They're fine and all but if you didn't have plus, definitely not worth $12 which is what they charge for them.

• Like 1

How is the gelato by the way?  Had it on RCCL, it was icy, not that great.  Had it on Celebrity, it was wonderful.  I figured I could order a premium dessert and ask for no toppings to get just plain gelato.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge gelato sundaes and some big cakes. This has ruined the gelato experience for me. I was a big fan of the gelato, back when they had maybe 8-10 flavors daily including a no sugar added flavor. Last week on Royal there were only  4 flavors to start, which dwindled down to 2 by the end of the cruise. And no sugar free available on my last 3 cruises. 

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

I'm donating my two free to my teenage grandsons who can eat everything all day and still stay skinny.

I love ice cream and gelato, but I too think that some will be given to my kids travelling with me.  2 per day is a bit much.  Cannot understand how someone would want unlimited on the Premier Plus.

8 hours ago, memoak said:

I have seen the desserts and they look way too big to me. We always cruise with Plus packages and have no desire to even try 1

90% of the crap on the sundae is not needed.  A simple scoop of gelato or maybe turning it into an affagato, which I believe is an option would be great.

• Like 2

I tried one of these desserts, the one listed on the menu as a Godfather.  Ice cream, some choco syrup, two small squares of frozen brownie,  and a candy stick.  Oh, also Carmel popcorn, for some strange reason.  And some not-good whipped cream.

I was not impressed.  I later tried just vanilla and chocolate sauce.  Much better.

28 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

90% of the crap on the sundae is not needed.  A simple scoop of gelato or maybe turning it into an affagato, which I believe is an option would be great.

I had to look up "affagota" and I really really hope this is an option!  Is the gelato at the coffee area so this could happen... bonus with a bar nearby to add a shot of baileys or kahula!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, fabby50 said:

How is the gelato by the way?  Had it on RCCL, it was icy, not that great.  Had it on Celebrity, it was wonderful.  I figured I could order a premium dessert and ask for no toppings to get just plain gelato.

We loved it on the Discovery - had a scoop everyday,instead of getting dessert in MDR after dinner,  We tried a premium dessert once - not impressed, so switched to just getting the gelato.  They had five or six different flavors and also had two or three sorbets.

12 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I think Princess knows this and it discourages people from ordering these. In the long run, they probably save money this way since people can't eat too many of them

17 hours ago, Roneill76 said:

I think Princess knows this and it discourages people from ordering these. In the long run, they probably save money this way since people can't eat too many of them

You can substitute a regular sundaes, scoops of gelato or slices of cake instead of the 'monster desserts' .