Nervous first time with Celebrity

We are taking our first cruise with Celebrity this year. We have sailed with Royal Caribbean for many years, so on Celebrity we will transfer over to Elite level in Captains Club. We've got comfortable with Royal as we know the score (what's included in our fare etc), but I'm worried about this cruise because there seems to be so many areas that only certain guests are allowed to use and I don't want to embarass myself going somewhere I'm not allowed to.

We are in a Sunset Verandah on Silouette.

Are there any bars/areas we are not allowed in? 

Are these by keycard entry (that way we'll know)?

I know we get complimentary Captains Club menu drinks 5pm-7pm but are there bars on Silouette these are not available?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

I doubt you'll notice any areas you can't go on the Silhouette.

Higher level cabins have a special dining area and lounge/pool area, but you'll probably not even notice them.  There are several bars/lounges, pools and the Sky Lounge that are open to all.

We love the Silhouette and the specialty restaurants....Lawn Club Grill and Murano's.  Hope you do too.  

• Like 2

S class and M class celebrity ships have more common areas eg Sky Lounge that are open to all passengers. The E class ships are more restrictive with regard to fewer options available to those who are not booking a suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Luminae and The Retreat are for suites and Blu is for Aqua class 

These are the only areas that are restricted, along with the Retreat Lounge and on some ships the Retreat sundeck. There is signage and some ships require key cards to access them so there's no worry of mixing that up. The maitre'd also checks you in at the restaurants so they know which cabin you are in and would politely let you know. As the other poster said, you probably won't even notice those areas as there are plenty of other bars and lounges for everyone. Enjoy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

We are taking our first cruise with Celebrity this year. We have sailed with Royal Caribbean for many years, so on Celebrity we will transfer over to Elite level in Captains Club. We've got comfortable with Royal as we know the score (what's included in our fare etc), but I'm worried about this cruise because there seems to be so many areas that only certain guests are allowed to use and I don't want to embarass myself going somewhere I'm not allowed to.

We are in a Sunset Verandah on Silouette.

Are there any bars/areas we are not allowed in? 

Are these by keycard entry (that way we'll know)?

I know we get complimentary Captains Club menu drinks 5pm-7pm but are there bars on Silouette these are not available?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

There are restricted areas on RCCL ships too.  Coastal Kitchen (suite restaurant) is like Luminae.  The suite lounge on RCCL is like the Retreat on Celebrity.  The Aqua passengers on Celebrity have their own restaurant (Blu) but there is no equivalent on RCCL for this.  

• Like 1

I would suggest that you replace your nervousness with enthusiastic anticipation. The Silhouette and her crew are very welcoming, and as mentioned in a previous post, you will probably never notice the controlled areas. The vibe is more laid back than on RCCL but by no means restrictive in providing an enjoyable atmosphere. In no way should you be anxious about your upcoming Celebrity cruise. Rather, prepare yourselves to feel right at home and just as comfortable as you do on any Royal ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When you board you should find info in your cabin on what the Elite benefits are, when events are and the location of events.  If it isn’t there ask the cabin attendant if visit the Captains Club desk. 

• Like 2

We are also off for our first Celebrity cruise on Silhouette. We are very excited and cautiously optimistic on how it will go. We are not formal dining people and will probably be chilling out in the buffet and cafe al bacio and other places where I can grab tea and cake. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for your kind and informative replies, I feel much better about it all now. I think we've become a bit too comfortable with Royal over the years. Who know's maybe this is just the start of a new cruise experience 😊

Zubrette, we are exactly the same and love the choice and relaxed feel of the buffet. Having said that, the Tuscan Grill looks enticing.

We cruise to relax and don't like to plan anything in advance.

1 hour ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Thank you all for your kind and informative replies, I feel much better about it all now. I think we've become a bit too comfortable with Royal over the years. Who know's maybe this is just the start of a new cruise experience 😊

Zubrette, we are exactly the same and love the choice and relaxed feel of the buffet. Having said that, the Tuscan Grill looks enticing.

We cruise to relax and don't like to plan anything in advance.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢

• Thanks 1