What's the 1 thing you have to eat in the Carnivals main dining room at least once while on your cruise if offered?

Thad409

I always have my go too orders from the MDR when were on a cruise, but I never pass up a chance at escargot. It's the only place I have ever had them and love them, so I'm sure there's land-based places that have better, but I'm happy with Carnivals.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Thad409 said:

I always have my go too orders from the MDR when were on a cruise, but I never pass up a chance at escargot. It's the only place I have ever had them and love them, so I'm sure there's land-based places that have better, but I'm happy with Carnivals.  

Mine is escargot as well. I’ve only ever had it on a cruise but IMO Carnival makes it better than Princess, NCL or Royal. 

• Like 1

I always get the escargot, too. Shrimp is something else I'll get frequently (such as the shrimp cocktail plus another app). DW is allergic to shellfish so I don't get to eat it too often. On our last cruise I stretched things a little and tried some different things. I would have to look at my notes but I do remember trying sea bass this time out. It was good but it was also just this side of being too dry, which is a common critic of that dish.

• Like 1

The filet mignon. On my last cruise, it was actually better than most steakhouse steaks I paid over $50 for. 

I'll also usually get lobster, prime rib, and braised short rib when I can. I was on the Indian vegetarian kick for while. I am now sick of that dish.

I like the beef tenderloin, the brisket, the lasagna, baked alaska, several other dishes. If I had to name just one I guess it would be the baked alaska. But honestly my wife and I eat in the MDR every night of every cruise normally, we prefer that experience. We will frequently go up to the buffet afterwards to snack but the MDR is where we eat supper.

• Like 4

Shrimp cocktail (daily); crab cake; several of the fish/shrimp dishes; the best beef dishes; Grand Marnier souffle; strawberry (peach, others) chilled soups.  Many of the appetizers are delicious and I light up when I see them on the menu, too.

• Like 2