Love it or Hate it, the new “Love Boat Dream” dessert.

Cruising Juls

48 minutes ago, Cruising Juls said:

Hate it!

I’m not a fan of raspberry flavored one. Bring back the chocolate one. 

When it was first introduced, the consensus on here by a wide margin was "nuts" to the new version and bring back the original.

I know they review our surveys, so I intend to restate my dislike for the new version on every survey I take.

I have tried it on every cruise since re-start and have been disappointed. 
Princess keeps taking thing from us. Our favorite food items and OBC $$ incentive for continued Princess loyalty (49 cruises) to name a few. 
We still have a great experience onboard Princess ships but things have changed. 

• Like 3

We had this twice on our recent cruise. I don’t remember what the old one was like, but we actually liked this one. My husband loved it so that’s why we got it a second time. The raspberry sauce is tart, which I liked. Maybe if it had another name that would be better?

• Like 1

New one is a disgusting mess. I was served it on the Royal back in January and the head waiter saw my horror (I was expecting my favourite old stand by). He brought me something else and a few days later they made a big production of serving me the original. I guess they found some in the freezer. It was very nice of him.

More of us need to express our displeasure at this. Why get rid of such a classic favourite? Desserts don’t cost that much.

• Like 2

The new version is not "bad" in and of itself but it should not have the same name as the classic version and the classic version should be brought back. If there were two versions it would be okay but I liked the old one and was horribly disappointed when I was served the new version. It should definitely have a different name.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The new version is not "bad" in and of itself but it should not have the same name as the classic version and the classic version should be brought back. If there were two versions it would be okay but I liked the old one and was horribly disappointed when I was served the new version. It should definitely have a different name.

What?  You want Princess to not have the same name.  Need I list all of the "similar" names Princess uses (starting with mini-suite....).  

• Haha 1

I LOVED the original version.  I ordered it every night that we ate in the MDR.  I was terribly disappointed that they changed it.  I REFUSE to order the new one and I made my displeasure known (not that they can do anything about it).   My family worried that I might jump overboard or something, but I did not! LOL   

My husband did order the new version one night and he said that he liked it, not as well as the old version, but he likes raspberry flavor, and he said it was okay.  

They definitely should bring the original back and the new one should be called something different.  But, it does seem that more people don't like it than do like it.

16 hours ago, nini said:

I am.going to quote @JimmyVWine and his description: " Shipwreck Nightmare"! We loved the original one and abhor and avoid the new one. The new one is an insult to raspberries, my favorite fruit!

We not only love to cruise but also love camping in our tiny little teardrop trailer. We just got home from a 3 week camping trip to Arizona where my wife picked up visits to another 3 US National Parks. She now has 43 parks under her belt. When camping I do all the cooking and she does the dishes. (Works out well for both of us.) One of the things I make when camping is Raspberry Pancakes. The raspberries flavor the entire pancake (as opposed to using blueberries which make flavor "spots") but the pancakes are difficult to turn. It's worth the effort though as the raspberry pancakes are waaaaaaaaaaaaay tasty. (I have to make them within 2 days of buying the raspberries though as they tend to start growing grey fuzzies if kept in the refrigerator too long.)

My "go to" dessert on Princess started out as the Love Boat Dream but then I switched to Creme Brulee and had that most nights. When we sailed on Royal Princess in May of 2022 there was no Creme Brulee offered! I was quite disappointed but figured I would simply go back to having the Love Boat Dream every night. Nope. I tried it and was done with it. I did try ordering it again on our December 2022 cruise hoping to get the original version but it was the same mess and I am finished with it for good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FritzG said:

It’s horrible. The flat red outside is dry and unappealing, and it doesn’t taste like the original one. Without the chocolate coating it’s a nightmare, not a dream.  

This is the one I was served in April.

What flat red outside are you talking about?

IMG_5871.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We not only love to cruise but also love camping in our tiny little teardrop trailer. We just got home from a 3 week camping trip to Arizona where my wife picked up visits to another 3 US National Parks. She now has 43 parks under her belt. When camping I do all the cooking and she does the dishes. (Works out well for both of us.) One of the things I make when camping is Raspberry Pancakes. The raspberries flavor the entire pancake (as opposed to using blueberries which make flavor "spots") but the pancakes are difficult to turn. It's worth the effort though as the raspberry pancakes are waaaaaaaaaaaaay tasty. (I have to make them within 2 days of buying the raspberries though as they tend to start growing grey fuzzies if kept in the refrigerator too long.)

My "go to" dessert on Princess started out as the Love Boat Dream but then I switched to Creme Brulee and had that most nights. When we sailed on Royal Princess in May of 2022 there was no Creme Brulee offered! I was quite disappointed but figured I would simply go back to having the Love Boat Dream every night. Nope. I tried it and was done with it. I did try ordering it again on our December 2022 cruise hoping to get the original version but it was the same mess and I am finished with it for good.

On our Panama cruise in March there was a different crime brûlée every night. I probably had them at least half the evenings 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

IMG_5871.jpegOn the Enchanted in February/March instead  of a chocolate covering it there was a deep red crumb like covering. 

Edited by FritzG

5 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

IMG_5871.jpeg

I haven’t seen that version. It looks like a hybrid of the old and the new. I was served the new gross red fluffy thing in January on the Royal Princess.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:49 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

They definitely should bring the original back and the new one should be called something different.  But, it does seem that more people don't like it than do like it.

The real original had:

a) A crisp wafer on the bottom

b) Very rich chocolate, not chocolate podding

c) A Godiva chocolate on top with the Sea Witch Logo

Then it started changing:

First to go was the crisp bottom, replaced by a thin cake slice

Then the Godiva chocolate was no more. A chocolate stick was used. And then none.

Then the very rich chocolate filling was replaced by chocolate pudding

And now, the abomination served currently.

Hate it.

They also changed the Pistachio Dome. When I had it in 2022 it was so rich and delicious and covered in dark chocolate. On our February 2023 cruise I bragged it up to our travel mates and was so excited to see it on the menu, but when it came the dark chocolate has been replaced by a light brown coating with little flavor. So disappointed.

What happened to " Chocolate Journeys"  ?  I have been watching menus that have been posted and do not see that option anymore ?  The chocolate pistachio dome was to kill for.  I did see it listed as on one menu although it was not a chocolate journeys listing ?   Oh well, the other desserts are still pretty good and you get a choice of things we would rarely try at home.

IMHO. The best dessert is the volcano sundae from the kid's menu.  That's my choice on the first night of every Princess cruise; it's huge & delicious.  After that, I see if I still have room for dessert each night then usually go out big on the last night with another volcano!  😁

Do miss the "old" Love Boat Dream; not a raspberry fan, like my chocolate straight up.

1 hour ago, RNRcruisers said:

Hate it.

They also changed the Pistachio Dome. When I had it in 2022 it was so rich and delicious and covered in dark chocolate. On our February 2023 cruise I bragged it up to our travel mates and was so excited to see it on the menu, but when it came the dark chocolate has been replaced by a light brown coating with little flavor. So disappointed.

On Enchanted it’s covered in a bright green matte topping that looks like fine grass clippings. 

• Like 1