Shadow Casting, live from Ft Lauderdale to Dublin, May 28 - June 12, 2023

spinnaker2

30 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I know. 

Not yet May 28th. Time to get out the sailbags.

Another Spinnaker run.

We did that on the Muse - got caught in a terrible hurricane in the N. Atlantic -- I was musing (pun intended) about what to take when we abandoned ship and was told "we wouldn't stand a chance."  Not to alarm anyone but......it was part of the book of memories....🥰

• Like 4

As preparation for this cruise my wife and I last night attended Come From Away the musical. What a brilliant show that is - and gave extra flavour to our upcoming visit to Newfoundland as part of this cruise. I know we won't be anywhere near Gander, but it all adds to the sense of the place.

We are looking forward to a wonderful cruise and hopefully kind weather!

• Like 2

Windsor

I have been to Newfoundland several times. Be prepared for cold wet rainy foggy or beautiful but chilly sunshine. 

We will enjoy no matter the weather. 

Looking forward to hearing you sing some of the music from the show!!!

• Like 3

Good to see you (almost) back on board a SS cruise! It's T-17 days for us but we "launch" in T-15 so getting closer. We'll arrive in Helsinki while you're in Bar Harbor!

Have a marvelous time and we look forward to hearing about it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, windsor08 said:

As preparation for this cruise my wife and I last night attended Come From Away the musical. What a brilliant show that is - and gave extra flavour to our upcoming visit to Newfoundland as part of this cruise. I know we won't be anywhere near Gander, but it all adds to the sense of the place.

We are looking forward to a wonderful cruise and hopefully kind weather!

I saw this on Broadway........it was so emotional and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

And now, the weather from the peninsula. Looking east to the Bahamas is some pattern of circulation. Weather forecasters have it as low probability of developing into anything like a storm. And hurricane season doesn’t start until June 1st. 😆

IMG_1542.thumb.jpeg.14d70eb6debeef1aaf576bc0e619849b.jpeg

A week to go…

perhaps pack a rain poncho

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Best to bring a slicker…

IMG_1549.thumb.jpeg.dfebfc1bc1162c86bda4839fbd7228c3.jpeg

10 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

And in St. John’s Canada its 36F, tonight a low of 29 F.

Hope this doesn't adversely affect the comfort level!

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Best to bring a slicker…

IMG_1549.thumb.jpeg.dfebfc1bc1162c86bda4839fbd7228c3.jpeg

I think that would be very wise. Here are the projected rain totals for the next week. Although this is only through 5/28 so here's hoping that it will be gone by the time you leave.  

May be an image of map and text that says '20.00 00 15.00 25 168-Hour Day 1-7 QPF Valid 12Z Sun May 21 2023 12Z Sun May 282023 Issued: 1018Z Sun May 21 2023 Forecaster; WPC DOCINOAA/NWS/NCEP/WPC NOAR'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being from the south part of the peninsula of Florida, weather is always a huge part of our lives. We think in terms of storm shutters, letting water out of the pool, impact windows, flood plains, concrete block and CATS 1 through 5. We don’t do blustery damp cold very well. 

Looking at the forecast, I am packing sweaters and thinking layers.  I was offered good money by fellow pax last time we were in St John’s for my rain poncho.   Maybe I will pack two ponchos and make a deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Being from the south part of the peninsula of Florida, weather is always a huge part of our lives. We think in terms of storm shutters, letting water out of the pool, impact windows, flood plains, concrete block and CATS 1 through 5. We don’t do blustery damp cold very well. 

Looking at the forecast, I am packing sweaters and thinking layers.  I was offered good money by fellow pax last time we were in St John’s for my rain poncho.   Maybe I will pack two ponchos and make a deal. 

Be careful Spinns, they might offer you a residency in place of the sandal man. 

• Haha 4

The world cruise ends the day we board. I imagine many pax will have to be taken off kicking and screaming while others bolt for land and home. A few are staying on from the scuttlebutt I have heard. 

The crew will be exhausted from such a major turnover day. 

The weather radar has a lot of swirly counterclockwise windy rainy events in the Atlantic. Hope they spin themselves out, or unwind. 

IMG_1550.thumb.jpeg.68bbb37042c6cfb8e42c8c6cfa7f0b38.jpeg

• Like 2