The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 24th, 2023

richwmn

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my second cruise on Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore.  May 24, 2012 was a sea day enroute from Newport back to Baltimore.

sunset1.jpg

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

@dfish Prayers for you with your surgery.

Sam enjoys most of the day lording outside over our yard. Yesterday the lady that walks him when we are away surprised us by stopping by to visit him. He really likes her and seemed to pep him up as she always brings treats. Just like us at our age he seems to have good days and bad days.

We booked our excursions yesterday for our upcoming MSC cruise from Hamburg which is in 112 days. Their ship excursions are just as good as HALs for about 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost. DSIL is really getting excited as it will be her first time in Europe. And today is my birthday so Sue is treating me to lunch at our local German restaurant. I am calling it a rehearsal for September!  ☺️

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from Sydney,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a brisk 42F here with a high of 49F. DH thinks he should have brought his winter coat.  I'm hoping to see the local artist we met last year, his work is wonderful.  @dfish I hope your surgery goes well. 

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

20230524_091228.thumb.jpg.d11e165355fff92a37904e0591cb3f17.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy day at the beach

Expect rain later although we have not had the amounts that others have had. I truly believe we have our own weather pattern here. The rocke launch last night was scrubbed, hpe to ry again today.

Both my brothers have passed way too young. I think of them often. I may be dating myself but I remember wearing a tiara on prom nites. Dont care for escargot and never had roast cabbage but it looks interesting.

I am recovering and feel mch better. Still have 1 more surgery in the middle of June. Minor and then hopefully back to normal.  Given all this, we have decided to cancel the Grand S AMerica/Antartica for the fall. Disappointing but I believe it is the best decision.  

@superoma Thinking of you today

@dfish  Extra prayers for you today. Hoping the surgery goes well and you have an uneventful recovery.

@Denise T Enjoy Alaska. It is a magical place.  

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Sam enjoys most of the day lording outside over our yard. Yesterday the lady that walks him when we are away surprised us by stopping by to visit him. He really likes her and seemed to pep him up as she always brings treats. Just like us at our age he seems to have good days and bad days.

We booked our excursions yesterday for our upcoming MSC cruise from Hamburg which is in 112 days. Their ship excursions are just as good as HALs for about 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost. DSIL is really getting excited as it will be her first time in Europe. And today is my birthday so Sue is treating me to lunch at our local German restaurant. I am calling it a rehearsal for September!  ☺️

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Happy Birthday, Jack! May your new year be filled with love, joy, laughter, dog kisses & a cruise or two!

IMG_3005.jpeg.b67bb8c971f9e1ef706c0e016c3027bf.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all.  Prayers for those in need.  Sorry to read that so many on our thread are experiencing medical issues.

DH is having a virtual appointment with his endocrinologist today.   Won’t be a great appointment—blood work came back with a high A1C.  I can’t get him to stop drinking sugared drinks and no amount of medications can counteract that.  We shall see what the doctor says today.

Our next cruise is 8/17 on Vision of the Seas.  DH would like to go on a trip sooner than that but there does not seem to be anything available without paying an arm and a leg - even if an accessible became available.  But I will keep looking.  Cruise vacations are really the only way DH gets to go anywhere these days.  We are also scheduled for a 14 day cruise to Greenland and Canada in September.  

I decorated our front yard yesterday with mini flags for the upcoming holiday.  Looks like the weather will be great for a barbecue on Monday.

Regarding escargot - love it.  My twin put a large can of escargot in my Christmas stocking this past year.  After “doctoring” it up with butter and garlic it was quite good.  Thought we were on a cruise!

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 30

Good morning from chilly Michigan.  It is 46 degrees and windy.  Water started right up as did our refrigerator.    Black flies are terrible.  The Starlink was set up temporarily this morning with a great signal.  Just in time to get a Navigator message we have a Pinnacle Grill dinner tonight at 6.  Does anyone else get this?  I get about one a week. 

Prayers today for Debbie @dfish and @superoma.   Happy birthday @Heartgrove.   🎂🍾

Lots to get caught up on here.  Have a lovely day! Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our hump day 🐪 fleet report and all the daily information.

Went to bed at the normal time and slept OK. So I don’t know what was up the night before. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you all for caring and sharing. 😘  Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

Just wanted to check in before we head to the hospital.  I'm packing everything up so I have it.  I'm hoping they'll decide I'm too much work to keep overnight and send me home.  But, I doubt that will happen.

Prayers for you today Debbie.  I hope all goes well today. Prayers for the medical team as well.

Terri

• Like 21

Good Morning to All!

My tiara is rusted, LOVE escargot, and I have 3 brothers.  George Carlin is one of my favs and I saw him in Vegas once.  I roast cabbage a lot and use it to make homemade slaw and kimchi.  The drink and wine sound interesting and I wish  would have made it to Morocco when I lived in Saudi or Dubai.  Never did.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those who was sailing away soon!!

Took today off so the plan is to start getting ready for my cross country drive to Long Island.  I think my cat Martina knows something is up as she is a little more clingy than she normally is.

2 more work days!!

I am reading Cabin Fever before I board the Zaandam.  A couple of errors (ie-HALs ship the Grand Princess and the Ruby Princess) but I am thoroughly enjoying reading it.  Very riveting!!

Everyone have a great Hump Day!!

• Like 26

14 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

am reading Cabin Fever before I board the Zaandam.  A couple of errors (ie-HALs ship the Grand Princess and the Ruby Princess) but I am thoroughly enjoying reading

I also enjoyed Cabin Fever.  I am currently reading The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny & Murder about a ship the wrecked off of Patagonia in the 1740s.  It is very good, by the same author who wrote Killers of  the Flower Moon (which has recently been made into a movie).

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Happy birthday Jack.

jack-3.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, thank you so much. I am tip top however the other inmates in this asylum are having some difficulty! DH is under the weather and awaits his surgery next week. Tana is , as she says “more down than up” but at least seems to be over the pneumonia. She struggles  with the anxiety and fatigue which as you know all too well is part of the overall situation. We think of your DB often and hope the medication is helping him. I realize he does not want to share. We all go through things in our own way,I guess.

@puppycanducruise, thank you. My DB was 74 before finally having a Granddaughter. Her name is Margo and she is already a year old. He and my SIL are moving to Georgia to spend more time with them now that he has finally retired. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

Just wanted to check in before we head to the hospital.  I'm packing everything up so I have it.  I'm hoping they'll decide I'm too much work to keep overnight and send me home.  But, I doubt that will happen.

Good luck at the hospital today Debbie.

• Like 13