Diamond drinks on departure day

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Where is the last day defined by RC as the day prior to disembarkation? The app lists disembarkation morning as day 8 on a 7-night cruise.

But you didn't book 8 days you booked 7, because day 1 began when you board the ship at 11am, or 1pm, or 3pm.  It is confusing when they throw around days and nights interchangeably when they don't mean the same thing.  And some cruise lines sell 7 day cruises while others say 7 nights.  

But from the accounting perspective for C&A drinks, the last day  of the cruise began at 5am on day 7 and ended at 4:59am on day 8.  I'm not just saying that, I was told that by a bar manager earlier this year.  I think it was the Odyssey but I don't remember specifically.  I do agree they could simply add "drink vouchers cannot be used after 4:59am on the last morning of the cruise" or something like that to note 5 on the benefits, but then Royal Caribbean is a total disaster when it comes to effective communication of practically everything. 

And then they muddy the waters because if you bought a drink package, you can use it on the last morning all the way up until you card off the ship.

58 minutes ago, Anton said:

Correct.  And the last day of the cruise began at 5am the morning prior to debarkation, so when 4:49am happens on debarkation morning the cruise is over as far as drink vouchers are concerned.

Exactly where would I find the information you cite on any RCL statement? I’m not lobbying for drinks, just pointing out the ambiguity in the language.

4 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

Exactly where would I find the information you cite on any RCL statement? I’m not lobbying for drinks, just pointing out the ambiguity in the language.

An email went out to all C&A members when the change was made.  It is also listed in the C&A section of the Royal Caribbean website.

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

An email went out to all C&A members when the change was made.  It is also listed in the C&A section of the Royal Caribbean website.

Where on the C&A section of the website? The wording I gave in my comment was from the C&A section of the website. I received an email about the new benefits, but have not received (or seen) anything about what defines a cruise day. 

3 hours ago, topnole said:

Technically it isn’t even considered a day ...

Not to be argumentative, but the last day "is a day" when it suits the cruise line.  They charge for parking on the last day, even though you're only parking a few hours.  

Just now, Mum2Mercury said:

Not to be argumentative, but the last day "is a day" when it suits the cruise line.  They charge for parking on the last day, even though you're only parking a few hours.  

The cruise line doesn’t charge you for parking.  They don’t own the port or

the parking garage.  And not every port does that.  Pretty sure Port Everglades doesn’t.  

Just now, topnole said:

The cruise line doesn’t charge you for parking.  They don’t own the port or

the parking garage.  And not every port does that.  Pretty sure Port Everglades doesn’t.  

True that the terminal does the charging. 

Port Canaveral definitely charges "by the day".  

3 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

True that the terminal does the charging. 

Port Canaveral definitely charges "by the day".  

So why are you saying a day is a day when it suits the cruise line?   How can you blame the cruise line for the port deciding to disguise how they charge customers.  It has absolutely nothing to do with royal.  That rate applies to all passengers regardless of cruise line.  

9 hours ago, BND said:

I do love how someone starts a thread and never comes back to answer questions.  The op isn't 100% clear.

Hi, I am the OP of this thread. But this did not happen to me. I am just re-posting what I saw on a social media site. If I remember correctly, it was for a specialty coffee the morning of departure. 

17 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

Hi, I am the OP of this thread. But this did not happen to me. I am just re-posting what I saw on a social media site. If I remember correctly, it was for a specialty coffee the morning of departure. 

This has been discussed before with everyone reporting different things in the past but now that the drinks reset at like 5 am, getting a free drink shouldn't happen.  Honesty, morning of departure, we just eat breakfast and leave.   

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Anton said:

The email they sent out last December.  It doesn't help this discussion.Screenshot2023-05-27at7_57_06PM.thumb.png.9d963f8b1d63373d37898e61cf87f7eb.png

Thank you. I didn’t think it addressed the issue, but had already deleted my email. Again, it’s RCL’s poor (intentional?) language that is causing the problem.

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Where is the last day defined by RC as the day prior to disembarkation? The app lists disembarkation morning as day 8 on a 7-night cruise.

Just in case it's not clear, I don't personally care whether RC gives them out on that last morning or not nor am I advocating one way or the other.  All I want to drink that morning are my daily cappuccinos from the DL machine.

The issue to me us that there is just too much ambiguity between published wording and actual practice and I think it could easily be removed.

Yeah.  They list them as 7 night cruises

because you don’t even get a full 7 days.  You have to get off at a time before you would be allowed in the week prior.  So not even a full seven 24 hour periods.  I never assumed or thought drinks vouchers would be good on the day you get off when they already gave me free drinks they day I got on.  To me this is just folks pushing for something Royal never intended to give out.  

Agree that Royal should clearly communicate it in Blank and White one way or another.  I’d much rather they do this to save costs versus cutting in other areas.  I’m very thankful for the five free drinks a day.  Hopefully folks trying to get alcoholic drinks on their kids cards and trying for disembarkation day drinks doesn’t ruin it for everyone.  Can’t we enjoy the best perk and leave well enough alone?   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:10 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

That will most likely vary ship to ship

No it will not vary . All D and above are available first day on all ships fleet wide . 
No drinks on disembarkation day are available. 

Edited by ssb

21 hours ago, VernRDH said:

Was denied specialty coffee this morning on Liberty. Never has happened to me before, to say I was surprised would be an understatement.

I generally tip the barista at the end of the cruise, but my tip went to paying for the coffee. And the officer who was there was downright nasty when I questioned it. 

So you took out your frustration (about a cup of coffee) by punishing a crew member for obeying company policy?

Curious, how and why was the officer "nasty" to you?

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

So you took out your frustration (about a cup of coffee) by punishing a crew member for obeying company policy?

Curious, how and why was the officer "nasty" to you?

First, tipping is my choice, and I am usually generous to those who take care of me. Coffee was inconsistent day to day, but I would still have tipped.

The officer( who was doing some sort of inspection of the refrigerator system and not helping customers in any way) interrupted while I was speaking to the crew member and was extremely rude. When I stated that I had never paid for a coffee on departure day, having always been allowed to use a voucher, she rolled her eyes at me and rudely told me to either pay for the coffee or not, but I was not using a voucher. 

And as this was new to me, having just cruised in February and using my voucher on departure day, I was just a bit surprised. If that is how it is supposed to be, it needs to be made clear. If it is a ship to ship decision, then at least I will know for the next time. 

On the Wonder a  few weeks ago on disembarkation day I asked if I could use my D privilege for a cappuccino and the response was ” of course you can” with a big smile. This from the officer standing nearby when I asked the crew member behind the counter. Very accommodating and friendly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzie26 said:

On the Wonder a  few weeks ago on disembarkation day I asked if I could use my D privilege for a cappuccino and the response was ” of course you can” with a big smile. This from the officer standing nearby when I asked the crew member behind the counter. Very accommodating and friendly. 

Exactly the experience I have had every other time. 

On 5/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, VernRDH said:

Was denied specialty coffee this morning on Liberty. Never has happened to me before, to say I was surprised would be an understatement.

I generally tip the barista at the end of the cruise, but my tip went to paying for the coffee. And the officer who was there was downright nasty when I questioned it. 

You were denied complementary coffee on the last morning because the vouchers are not applicable that morning.   Vouchers now cut off at 5AM.    I don't understand why you were annoyed with a staff person following the rules they were provided. 

Those who received a voucher beverage on debarkation morning were lucky as they are no longer applicable after 5AM.

M

• Like 1