The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 2nd, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!  While I like rocky road I think I’d prefer @1ANGELCAT’s donut day.  I really do love my dentist, probably the best one I’ve ever had.  Today is also DH’s last day of work at Harvard and will be officially retired at the end of the day, congratulations David!  The quote is often true unfortunately.  The meal suggestion sounds tasty but it’s going to be pizza night here.  I might try the drink though.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating something special today! 🍺

Mr. Boston, please share with David.

Congratulations David! Enjoy every minute of your retirement!

• Like 19

Happy Friday!  Thank you to all who contribute to the Fleet and Daily report.  I will celebrate donut day at The Fractured Prune, an Ocean City tradition.  They are served hot and you get to picked from 19 glazes and 13 toppings.  I like a banana glaze with cinnamon sugar and peanuts, tastes like banana nut bread!

Raise your hand if you’ve seen the Wizard of the Wireless on a BHB It was 1901 when the first signal was sent from England to Newfoundland; Marconi used the wireless on the Titanic. I enjoyed it the first time but it seems to be on every cruise.  Time for HAL to introduce some new EXC talks.

I love the summer but people around me are complaining about the heat.IMG_7472.jpeg.b9583bf37ee80c875157577d417efe8d.jpeg

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today's daily fleet report.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion, instead we will have sloppy Joe's.  It's going to be another hot day with a storm coming overnight. 

This week I picked some mint and made a batch of ice tea. Amelia has decided that she likes it and keeps trying to drink it from my cup. She may look innocent but...

20230530_172111.thumb.jpg.93f3f48e322c07447372a16213e77f70.jpg

This has been in bloom since we got home.

20230602_080700.thumb.jpg.12b45219c08eb01501f9f72e9bb7e7d8.jpg

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

Good morning. Our flight across the pond was fine. Long lines clearing customs and a long wait for luggage which finally appeared. Our room was ready at the Cotton House and we just woke from a two hour nap.

It’s a beautiful day in Barcelona. Tapas later then hope we can sleep through the night.

Thanks for the reports.

Bruce

image.jpeg.eb3a24a05b562bd265ffe41751ebbab1.jpegimage.jpeg.126bca683cda7a7bb50d097a9b80b74d.jpegimage.jpeg.14af1d59fa9710a94b219c9eb9b4ef0b.jpegimage.jpeg.360c25b9ef4a57a1084f3876118ed3f8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.00121ada3802f3eaf8106cf9b44cf4c8.jpegimage.jpeg.f5a598a493dcf78ceed02fa22c41ca30.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 16

31 minutes ago, MrSnuffleupagus said:

Well now I need a donut, too. 

Ok, you guys twisted my arm.  I am stopping for a doughnut when I start driving this morning!!  (and I will blame you all for the pound it will put on me!!  LOL!!)

• Like 8
  • Haha 16

@JazzyV I just did Pennie’s (Nickelpenny) Bon Voyage for June 10th on the Zaandam and I don’t think she is listed on the Celebratory upcoming cruise list?  If I am not blind (I could be) could we add her, please?

• Like 16

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I don't know anyone named Bubba, and am so-so on Rocky Road ice cream. I like my current dentist, but loved my former dentist, who retired 2 years ago due to medical issues (we jokingly said we grew up together, as I'd gone to him for about 30 years). And yes to National Donut Day. Funny quote. Pass on the meal, and no to the drink. Yes to the wine. We owe a debt to Marconi. I haven't been to Exmouth.

Another hot day expected, with a high of 90F. When I was out mowing yesterday, a truck pulled up and put out cones. The guy said my and my neighbor's water line to the main street line were lead and being replaced; I had my line to the house replaced a few years ago due to a leak. So I got an early shower this AM, and the jackhammering started around 7:15! I don't know how long the water will be off. I hope they don't mess up my sidewalk or the lawn strip out there. I've got a Neurology appointment and then some errands and grocery shopping, so I'll be out of the house a while. I filled some pitchers with water last night.

@Mr. Boston Congrats to David on his retirement! 

@Nickelpenny Continued safe travels on the road. BFF and I visited Mammoth Cave in 2017, on our way back from going to Nashville for the solar eclipse.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got new flights, but sorry about the added expense. 

@kazu So funny about Ivan and his toys. 

@StLouisCruisers Sorry the treadmill is still out of commission; I had a Nordictrack ski machine years ago and had trouble using it, so sold it.

@LuauQueen Welcome to the Daily!

@Crazy For Cats Amelia is saying "who me?".

@aliaschief I'm glad you made it safely to Barcelona. Enjoy the tapas. 

@kazu I have that Nickelpenny leaves on the 10th, so she'll be added tomorrow (7 day countdown).

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. My oldest grandson turns 27 today. I don’t know where the years go. Seems like yesterday. It was actually too hot to go to the pool yesterday so will try again today.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 21

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  And Happy Donut Day today!  It's a Formula 1 weekend, and we usually drive to our favorite donut place (Sara Donuts) on Fridays and load up so that I don't have to make breakfast. (Sausage rolls) However, I decided yesterday afternoon to pick up dinner, so that I could say that we actually ate something besides drive thru chicken this week.  BIG MISTAKE!  I bought two chicken pot pies (some assembly required) and this morning, ?  well I cant leave the house.

Penny texted me last night to see if I was working, told her that both Chuck and I had Covid, that Fawn was missing, and that I had zero energy to walk through the neighbor hood looking for her.  She sent Jesse over, with lots of bottled water and a few Gatorades, and he walked around the house, then drove up the street, brought my trash can back up the hill for us, and then drove off.  I have no idea if he knows what cat he was looking for.  

Bubbles came by yesterday morning, and again last night, he stayed out in the drive way while we sat outside in the cool of the evening, and stayed away from Rocky the raccoon while Rocky was foraging through the remainder of the cat food.  When we went in to go to bed, he went off to sleep in the yuccas. He was back this morning. Still no sign of Fawn.  

I had Rocky Road ice cream for the first time when we were on our cruise.  What took me so long?

I did take some garden pictures while we were on our cruise- Enjoy-

from the Vancouver Maritime Museum

image.thumb.jpeg.c047a8e1c50ade17d759adb12ee60868.jpeg

from the Science Museum

image.thumb.jpeg.36d8675181d29e7027263550aa0f184b.jpeg

Butchart Gardens in the rain-

image.thumb.jpeg.e5e062f795f2d57d1f6ab87f13ec1b9c.jpeg

a community garden in Ketchikan-

image.thumb.jpeg.dff104f39c566d8146e92306f794c5b3.jpeg

Bird seed had fallen out of the feeder and when I got home, I came home to an automatic garden of sunflowers. No pics yet.

Have a great day!

• Like 31

Annie @marshhawk I love, love, love the garden photos.  I could live in Butchart Gardens happily.  I'm sorry things are so rough for you two.  Sending hugs and prayers for your recovery - soon!  Hope the cat situation becomes clearer too so you no longer have to worry where they are.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Yesterday we did some shuffling of our Transpacific cruise in 2025 with our PCC. I have a good friend in Melbourne that we haven' seen since him and his wife visited us in Chicago in 2008. Sue and I were last there in 2007 so he is always asking me when we are visiting next.

Originally planned for a visit in Spring 2024 so had booked the Noordam sailing EB from Sydney in March 2024 to return.  But our friends decided to instead visit her parents in Croatia during that time. Contacted our PCC who switched us to the 2025 sailing as we had quite a few benfits and OBC that we would lose. That sailing has the Westerdam scheduled. Sue has not been very keen on sailing the route from Sydney doing the island hopping. I made a passing remark to my friend regarding possibly sailing from Japan. He loves visiting Japan so suggested that we incorporate that into our visit. Fly to Australia for our visit, then fly to Japan, and sail home from there.

So now we are scheduled for the B2B 14-Day and 15-Day cruises that make up the 29-Day Collector voyage using our FCC. Why book it that way? We were able to pick a better location for the stateroom we wanted, and actually have better gratuities and benefits compared to booking the 29-Day Collector which is considered only one cruise. The other plus for me is sailing on the Noordam which is the only Vista-class we have not sailed on. I feel it is the "Plus" of working with a good PCC.

Have a greatweekend! Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

OK, I love my dentist.  He has been my dentist since he graduated from college.  So yes, we did grow old together, and I owe him a fortune.

The only Bubba I know of, is Bubba Wallace of NASCAR.  When we went up to visit Dan on the Cape several years ago, we did go to the Marconi Museum.  The guys were totally into it, and I wandered out and took pictures of osprey.

@MrSnuffleupagus  This is what kind of bird you will see every where in Alaska.

image.thumb.jpeg.64f946881ac39666b569d0c5024998fe.jpeg

• Like 29

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't know anyone named Bubba, would love some Rocky Road ice cream, and I do love my dentist - he's so caring and gentle.

This morning we woke to fog, thick fog - something we don't normally have on the dry prairies.  As we were sitting out in the pergola late yesterday afternoon enjoying a beverage, we could heard thunder in the distance.  It wasn't long before it was upon us and we just made it into the deck in time before the deluge started.  It rained hard for almost 15 minutes and within about half an hour, the skies were clear again.  Strange place we live in!

@Mr. Boston wishing your DH a long, happy, healthy retirement!

@Cruzin Terri sorry to read about your flight issues - it brought back the horror show I experienced last October when I went to check in for our flights to Barcelona the next day, only to find they had been cancelled. *Shudder*  At least you had some time to figure things out; we were packed and ready to go.

@LuauQueen welcome to the Daily!

@kazu Ivan sounds like our smallest DGS who, when it was finally determined his blankie needed washing, sat diligently in front of the washer and dryer until it was returned to his little hands.

Not a lot happening here today, just groceries and then I can continue working on making fabric coasters, using up a lot of the fabrics I purchased when making masks during the pandemic.  I think I'd like the drink of the day, but not sure if it would be super sweet or not, depending on the agave syrup.  Yay, another Chianti - the second within a week I think,  and affordable!  I know both of us would take a hard pass on today's menu suggestion, as we don't appreciate polenta - I'm sure the mushrooms would be good, though.  It's Friday night pizza night here, so we'll be checking the online menus to see what appeals to us.  We'll be enjoying pizza on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the firefighters who are working so hard to battle the fires both in the west and east.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 31

Good morning to all.Today we will need AC. We have not been to the port and will think about the recipe as my group loves mushrooms.

Today things are improving for DH as he could eat something other than toast and jello.The aide for Tana kept an eyeball on him when I zipped up to the store earlier. He is walking on his own now but still a bit wobbly.

Congratulations  to @Mr. Boston' s DH on his retirement! Very exciting!

@JazzyV, Vanessa, sorry about the water shut off. We have the same going on in our neighborhood  with gas lines as well as water pipes.I hope you are feeling better these days.

@kazu ,Jacqui,  We had the same thing happen when I washed Fred 's moose.He searched the entire house and enlisted Tana's  dog in the process.I finally bought a back up moose!

@marshhawk,Annie, I hope Fawn returns soon and that both you and Chuck start to feel better.Your pictures  are just beautiful.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LuauQueen said:

Good morning! I live about 30 minutes drive from Mammoth Cave, I hope you enjoy your visit! It's something to see!

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

the jackhammering started around 7:15! I don't know how long the water will be off. I hope they don't mess up my sidewalk or the lawn strip out there. I've got a Neurology appointment and then some errands and grocery shopping, so I'll be out of the house a while.

Thank heavens you will be out of the house with all that noise - ugh 😞 

Good luck with your Neurology appointment.

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu I have that Nickelpenny leaves on the 10th, so she'll be added tomorrow (7 day countdown).

Oops, apologies. 😳  I didn’t clue into the 7 day countdown.  And yes, she leaves on the 10th.  I should have known you were on top of it.  Apologies

4 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

The other plus for me is sailing on the Noordam which is the only Vista-class we have not sailed on. I feel it is the "Plus" of working with a good PCC.

The Noordam is a big plus.  It’s one Vista that didn’t get tampered with too much and a bit different than the others.  Hopefully her Crow’s Nest remains undisturbed 🤞  You cruise sounds lovely 🙂 

@marshhawk great garden photos 🙂 

@aliaschief glad you are in Barcelona.  enjoy the beautiful city 🙂 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a sunny, calm and humid central Texas.  It is 72 F and will reach 88F if the prediction is true.  I'm trying to get outside to mow the yard and maybe trim the bushes before it gets too hot.  This is the day I would really like the clouds to appear early.  At least, wind has started blowing a little since I started typing.

The only Bubba we knew was our second dachshund's father.  We both enjoy rocky road ice cream and my dentist is the best.  However, I try to keep my teeth in good shape so he doesn't have to go rummaging around in there.  We may celebrate donut day tomorrow.

Today's quote is very true.

I would eat the meal if someone else prepared it.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice to go with an Italian dinner.

We have not been to Exmouth.

Marconi greatly changed how the world communicated.

@Mr. Boston Please wish David a happy retirement.  When is your planned escape from the working world?

998ec4aaa7faa415692bd5f117e9cdb9.jpeg.5ad1b202679ed0967ed8d0cf678c4f5b.jpeg

@Nickelpenny  Safe travels today and tomorrow.  We took our DDs to Mammoth Cave in 1987, and we all enjoyed it.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad you were able to sleep well last night after such a trying day.  The knowledge that you have secure flights was probably a big help.

@LuauQueen  Welcome to the Fleet/Daily.  We hope to see you here in the future.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, it's always the innocent looking ones you have to watch out for.   

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad you arrived safely in Barcelona.  Enjoy the city and Bon Voyage tomorrow.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you and Chuck feel better soon.  I also hope Fawn turns up soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad you got some rain and hope more is in your future and in the areas of the wildfires.

342499195_615505423819817_6590997445776212446_n.jpg.165dc9dc1b5ed86f0076f7ab958dc1da.jpg

342961840_1403028473779650_8495693688800514183_n.jpg.0e2c45d21b392dc14ff1879d72eeac97.jpg

343405398_137466189218448_7226156082164982332_n.thumb.jpg.a25ee2053903cd75b6885428c1d1fae4.jpg

343797364_530901909256136_6532650889218966922_n.thumb.jpg.5716fca970170ce9161e8e9d119e1994.jpg

349624525_1093952218229668_3180788281640621795_n.jpg.438d2a03acaae938f95b2f0a293d3b3d.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

Good Morning from a sunny ( for now) and warm day at the beach

We were in Exmouth on our circumnavigation in 2022. I dont think the port was quite ready for visitors. There was a shuttle from the tender port to town and it was a very long wait in the hot sun. Many passengers stayed on the tender and went back to the ship. We and a few others decided to walk as we were told it was only about a mile. They were wrong. It was like walking in a deserted desert. We finally met up with the shuttle and returned to the ship. 

@Mr. Boston A big congratulations to your DH on his retirement. Hope he enjoys many happy and healthy years

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, 💔 Ninja will make a final trip to his beloved vet this afternoon at 2:00. He will join his brothers Socks, Jaguar and sisters Charmer and Fluff. I can’t believe we are losing 2 of them a week apart. 🐾💔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 22

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all, 💔 Ninja will make a final trip to his beloved vet this afternoon at 2:00. He will join his brothers Socks, Jaguar and sisters Charmer and Fluff. I can’t believe we are losing 2 of them a week apart. 🐾💔

I’m so sorry to hear this. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I am also so sorry to hear this.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1