Top tier events

4 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am Diamond, my mom (who I am traveling with is a newbie) is cruising with me in my room- can she go to the top tier event with me?

Of course she can!  I'm basing that on the fact that I'd bring my mom at 88 y/o, even though she's in her own room.

Now, accessing the DL is a different story.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am Diamond, my mom (who I am traveling with is a newbie) is cruising with me in my room- can she go to the top tier event with me?

The top tier invite will be addressed to you but she should be allowed to attend with you.  Some ships will collect the invites at the entrance to the venue and others just put up a private event sign, but don't check the invites of those walking into the venue.  The top tier on Oasis a few weeks ago was held in the aqua theatre and there was plenty of empty seats.  On Anthem, it is typically in Two70.  The main level is usually pretty full but the upper balcony is almost empty.  She should be okay walking in with you.  Your benefits don't extend to your roommate but you can use one of your vouchers to get her a drink at a bar.  She would likely be questioned by the diamond concierge if you were to bring her into the diamond lounge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't have a problem with you bringing her but I seem to remember them checking my Seapass card on Oasis back in March.  Not sure though. 

Maybe I'm wrong though I've brought a guest. I thought it was for me and a guest staying in my cabin. Just the party, not the lounge. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe I'm wrong though I've brought a guest. I thought it was for me and a guest staying in my cabin. Just the party, not the lounge. 

I'm sure it is. My memory fails me more often than I'm willing to admit. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

Will there be an "Event" on a 5 night cruise?  I am usually on longer cruises.

I do not go to such events anymore, especially on short cruises, but we did have them on 5 days Bermuda cruise on Liberty.