Alaska Cruise dress requirement

We are doing a Brilliance of the Seas Alaskan trip in July and are wondering if rumours are true that the dinning dress requirement is more casual than other cruises. We are used to taking good trousers to wear, but wondering if we can wear jeans to the restaurants.  

12 hours ago, OHagan said:

We are doing a Brilliance of the Seas Alaskan trip in July and are wondering if rumours are true that the dinning dress requirement is more casual than other cruises. We are used to taking good trousers to wear, but wondering if we can wear jeans to the restaurants.  

Some were wearing shorts and t shirts to late formal night on Ovation. About the same for specialty. 

Attire in the dining room is everything and anything.  Last year on Radiance we dressed up the first night and then realized how over dressed we were.  The following nights excepts for the formal nights we just wore what we worn that day to dinner. 

We also used to always change for dinner from what we wore during the day. Not so much anymore. I will change if I am wearing shorts and a T-shirt, but all those dressier pants are now left at home and some good clean jeans are the way to go. Seems almost every else has this same idea.

Cheers

Len

23 hours ago, OHagan said:

Shorts are fine. Even on formal nights. 

And shorts and t-shirts should be ok in port unless you are planning to fly onto a glacier. It will be warm/hot. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Shorts are fine. Even on formal nights. 

And shorts and t-shirts should be ok in port unless you are planning to fly onto a glacier. It will be warm/hot. 

Average highs even in summer are mid 60s.  Not exactly what I’d consider “hot.” 

I will change into fresh slacks and a top when time allows but we have first seating so we may just go right into the MDR after our excursions especially in Juneau as I think it goes until almost 5 p.m. It will be the first cruise I’m not taking dresses on even for formal night.  For us Alaska is all about the ports, not the usual dress for dinner cruise.  No suit jacket for DH either, just some long sleeved button downs.  

Just a small rant….why does first seating have to be so early especially in Alaska when the sun doesn’t set until late.  We may end up in the windjammer a couple of nights.

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I will change into fresh slacks and a top when time allows but we have first seating so we may just go right into the MDR after our excursions especially in Juneau as I think it goes until almost 5 p.m. It will be the first cruise I’m not taking dresses on even for formal night.  For us Alaska is all about the ports, not the usual dress for dinner cruise.  No suit jacket for DH either, just some long sleeved button downs.  

Just a small rant….why does first seating have to be so early especially in Alaska when the sun doesn’t set until late.  We may end up in the windjammer a couple of nights.

Of course seating time has nothing to do with sunset. 

It has to start early enough to give folks ample time to eat, the staff has to clean and reset the table so the late diners can be seated. 

We find early to be too early, late to be too late, so are happy with my time dining somewhere in the middle. We like the flexibility if we have a late port day. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1