Some Additional Details

Keith1010

Some of us were on a webinar with Crystal for the Agency we book with. Some really good information was covered, some from a Q&A session we had.

I've heard from several people already who were on the Webinar and these two words echo and include my feeling

Very exciting.

What we have loved about Crystal is returning along with enhancements of the product.

80%+ of the crew returning.  That is wonderful as I've noted in the past.

Crystal Society 5% savings through end of July.  After that 2.5%.  One cocktail party per sailing once you are on your second sailing. Milestone recognition at various levels and exclusive on board events on selected sailings.  Crystal Society Recognition Pins.  They know how many milestones you have completed but they don't know what you used or didn't use so unused milestones can't be used.

White Night Returning.

Herbert The Jeweler is returning.

New linens in all rooms even those that are not being refurbished plus other touchups.  

Spas will be new.

Fitness Equipment will be upgrades as need with Technogym.

I am sure that others on the webcam can add to this.

I am adding the information posted by krb1000.

$500 air credits are combinable with the 5% Crystal Society discount and B2B discounts…and the answer is yes!!! Just book by July 31 

Keith

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It was so touching to hear Captain Bierger speak so fondly about the crew and Crystal guests. And for him to confirm that more than 80% of the folks who make Crystal-Crystal will be returning !! So excited!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So 80% of the crew will be returning.  And it should be noted that Crystal could not employ 100% of the OC crew since there will be fewer pax.

Seems to me that the naysayers who said this could not happen owe @Keith1010 an apology...

As always, Keith is the answer man for Crystal....Old or New. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Key question, is Louis Armstrong going to sing What a Wonderful World on sail away?  That would make it complete.

Steve, someone did ask that question…and yes, we will hear Louis sing at sail away😊

• Like 9

To add to Kathie if I heard it right they will also be adding something too but I'll have to rewatch this when we get the recorded webinar.

They also touched on some other items.

If you take the full World Cruise you won't be charged for additional visits to Specialty Restaurants.  On segments it will be based on the length of the segment as it is on other voyages.

Keith

8 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Keith, any chance you will post a link to the webinar?

That would be advertising a TA wouldn’t it?

I’ve sent you a link to it along with a copy of all the written Q&A’s - it was interesting how many of the answers (even from Crystal staff) were inconsistent with info already released and published 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

$500 air credits are combinable with the 5% Crystal Society discount and B2B discounts…and the answer is yes!!! Just book by July 31 

I have both those discounts, yet my agent said that Crystal told her I was not eligible for the air credit. The only other credit I can think of that may disqualify it is the $250 for having made a deposit on February 1st. Anybody have any other ideas?

2 hours ago, sullaRaffaello said:

I have both those discounts, yet my agent said that Crystal told her I was not eligible for the air credit. The only other credit I can think of that may disqualify it is the $250 for having made a deposit on February 1st. Anybody have any other ideas?

It’s for new bookings only. You can cancel and rebook, but I don’t know if there would be an admin. fee. Plus, if your category is on a wait-list basis only, I suppose there are ways it could get messed up and you wouldn’t be able to get the same category.

I wish I could share the webinar but I can't because it was TA related.

By the way the same was true with one for Explora Journey from sometime last year where I could only refer to it.

I was very pleased with how questions got answered. Most of the Q&A actually was addressed via silent question and answers.  

I found that what was shared was quite good. There were a few incorrect pieces of information but by and large they were corrected when the verbal questions were asked and covered.  

One of the silent questions was one I asked that anyone who is booked on the first cruise might want to know. I asked when the cruise documents would be sent out.  They will be sent out in early July for the July 31 cruise and my impression is by e-mail.  They also said for many they will also be reflected in my account.  

As to What A Wonderful World they will play it but there will also be some surprises so let's see what that is like.

And this leads me to another thought. Some of our member have sailed Crystal for a very long time and for me on my very first Crystal cruise there were many things I didn't know.  By not knowing everything IMHO it adds to the excitement before you cruise and when you board and are cruising.  Just like a surprise birthday party or that surprise gift sometimes it is nice to just be a newbie and be surprised. I know when we took our first Crystal River Cruise never having taken a river cruise before there was the element of surprise and that first and only Cruise on Endeavor had a lot of excitement too.

I feel the same way now.

Will everything be perfect? No. Have everything been perfect?  No.  But overall I do believe they are talking much of what most of us enjoyed and adding in new ingredients which hopefully many will enjoy as well.

Bags packed.  Ready to go. Can't wait. And yes lots of crew are returning which as I've said for months says great deal about the crew, the new company and the Crystal Society members.

Keith

I wanted to add that yesterday we saw a combination of OC and NC with the personnel who were on the webinar.

For example, Bernie Lepold who is and was SVP for Hotel Operators was there as was Captain Birger Vorland. At the same time we saw and heard from Fernando Barroso de Olivieira who will Chairman and Brands Ambassador for Crystal along with Jackie Barney, SVP Sales and Marketing  new to NC and helping with the Q&A's PR Director Robyn Finch Fink also new to NC.  

The same is true for several land based executives and their people.  

If you didn't know it, one would think they had been together for much longer and that even those new to Crystal had been there for years as they have an appreciation for OC.

Keith

Good to hear about the loyalty program ;  my 20 th cruise was on Crystal Esprit and they were not doing celebrations on her  said by the hotel director

it was also the one and onliest time when😄 i was the pax with the most sailings  that will not happen again I suppose

I hope 2025 is coming out very soon

when the closing down was there I unfortunately had 6 bookings

I wish new C finally would get rid of some very boring lecturers lasting there for ages and talking about the same aannounced as  " professors ambassadors generals  leading journalists " ???

also of some singers and entertainers with a cracking voice or doing acts  suitable for a parish wellfare  

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

One of the silent questions was one I asked that anyone who is booked on the first cruise might want to know. I asked when the cruise documents would be sent out.  They will be sent out in early July for the July 31 cruise and my impression is by e-mail.  They also said for many they will also be reflected in my account.  

Keith

Keith,

It is good that the cruise documents will be emailed out to guests but what about the luggage labels / tags?

The luggage labels / tags from old Crystal were quite sturdy that could withstand rough treat at airports, not so anything printed at home.

Rod 

4 minutes ago, Zele said:

Keith,

It is good that the cruise documents will be emailed out to guests but what about the luggage labels / tags?

The luggage labels / tags from old Crystal were quite sturdy that could withstand rough treat at airports, not so anything printed at home.

Rod 

Rod,

Excellent point.

I will be sure to ask about this to see if they will be provided ahead of time or at the pier.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Rod,

Excellent point.

I will be sure to ask about this to see if they will be provided ahead of time or at the pier.

Keith

I'm putting $5 on no luggage tags, get them at the port. That's what Silversea is doing now. It won't be long until we know for sure!

Patty

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I'm putting $5 on no luggage tags, get them at the port. That's what Silversea is doing now. It won't be long until we know for sure!

Patty

Patty,

I hope not as it could mean further delays in getting onboard as passengers will have to hang around longer to complete luggage tags or some other form of identification.

But, as you say we will soon find out.

Rod