Some Additional Details

Keith1010

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Thank you for your very thoughtful comments.  I do plan to continue to do detailed Blogs for each of our cruises with new Crystal and also plan to provide live updates on Cruise Critic.

It is hard to believe that in late June of last year it was reported that the A&K travel group had purchased Serenity and Symphony and the name, customer database, etc. 

In 13 months and a few days Serenity sails with TA's and then a few days later the inaugural cruise begins and just over one month later Symphony begins its inaugural cruise.  The amount of work to make this a reality is incredible. 

While we as guests are thrilled, I hear the same thing from land based members of Crystal as I do from returning crew.  With so many returning crew and Crystal Society members the inaugural season for Crystal will truly be a reunion of sorts for everyone who is part of this 

One thing for sure I never gave up hope and always believed Serenity and Symphony would return and Crystal would come back.Yes, it returns as a new company but as I've often said Crystal evolved with each passing year and never stayed the same.  I look forward to experiencing the best of old Crystal combined with the new that new Crystal has planned.  It's all very exciting.

Thank you again.

Keith  

Well said, Keith!

We have until November 2024 but it will be here before we know it. Meanwhile we will enjoy reading your blogs.

• Like 1

OK so something to add about Crystal since no one has asked.

Specialty Restaurant hours are as they were; 6:00 PM is first reservation time for Umi Uma and Osteria D'ovidio (earlier to say Prego but I am trying) and Tastes starts at 6:30 PM.  

I am ready to eat.

Thank goodness I don't believe there was a soft question because if there was.....Well let's not even think about that.  😀

Keith

• Like 2

Could someone please post (or beam me) links to the webinar and/or Q&As?  It would be very helpful, as this forum has always been, in the run-up to our first post-pandemic cruise.  We are very excited, but the slow drip of info suggests we have knowledge gaps we need to fill in, if possible.

Thank you to whomever can help with this.

Thosby

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ctjon said:

And when will NC become just Crystal here

Just a guess but, probably after about half a year of sailing, if things are largely the same as they were.

If there are minimal changes, quality is about the same, and the new things are not hated or even well received, by early 2024, especially for those who have been onboard at least once, it will just be Crystal, with the Genting phase viewed as a dark time that, overtime mellows out to a "all inclusive was a good change and blurry Covid+bankruptcy+1.5 year shutdown for change in ownership situation blurring together as a rough 4 years or so" sort of thing.

If things are notably degraded from before, you will see OC constantly compared to and NC used to complain.

If things are substantially better than before, you will see OC used to differentiate these new things but probably not OC mocked, with Genting taking the brunt of flak and the 10 year period from Genting to A&K restart viewed largely as a negative despite some of the good things from that era (it can't all be bad; I did 6 in that timeframe and only 3 before that).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thosby said:

Could someone please post (or beam me) links to the webinar and/or Q&As?  It would be very helpful, as this forum has always been, in the run-up to our first post-pandemic cruise.  We are very excited, but the slow drip of info suggests we have knowledge gaps we need to fill in, if possible.

Thank you to whomever can help with this.

Thosby

This was sponsored by our Travel Agency so I cannot post it on CC due to the rules.  And the Q&A's are not to be posted either.

Even with the webinar answers continue to come on a variety of questions such as ones I just added.

Keith

Not covered by the Webinar but I see that under reservations they now show the spa as a category next to restaurants and excursions. While you can't book anything yet, it's not something I noticed the other day.

Keith

On 6/13/2023 at 9:10 PM, Keith1010 said:

This was sponsored by our Travel Agency so I cannot post it on CC due to the rules.  And the Q&A's are not to be posted either.

Does your TA still have the webinar and Q&A posted on their website?

Exellent news. If you are on the 7/31 and 8/12 Crystal Serenity cruises Crystal has implemented a fix so you can now book a specialty restaurant for the evening of 8/12. Remember if you already have booked the three venues for the second cruise in order to add 8/12 you would need to cancel the reservation you already made for the same venue on another date for that second cruise.

Keith

On 6/20/2023 at 6:08 PM, Keith1010 said:

I have confirmed that for Serenity while the Supper Club is being offered the reservations will be made once you are on the ship.

Keith

An what is the other champagne going to be being served regularly when not on the Supper Club? 

Can you remind me what is the Supper Club please?

Ivi

2 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

An what is the other champagne going to be being served regularly when not on the Supper Club? 

Can you remind me what is the Supper Club please?

Ivi

Ivi, the supper club is only on Serenity.  On optional formal nights up to 2 per cruise an option is to eat at the Supper Club in the Stardust Lounge  The tables are mainly four to a table and if you don't arrive with another couple or if you are by yourself they will sit you with other guests.  The menu is a shorter version of what is available that evening at Waterside.  There is one seating which begins at 6:30 PM and there is music and entertainment.

I do not know what Champagne will be served.

Keith

Just now, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, the supper club is only on Serenity.  On optional formal nights up to 2 per cruise an option is to eat at the Supper Club in the Stardust Lounge  The tables are mainly four to a table and if you don't arrive with another couple or if you are by yourself they will sit you with other guests.  The menu is a shorter version of what is available that evening at Waterside.  There is one seating which begins at 6:30 PM and there is music and entertainment.

I do not know what Champagne will be served.

Keith

Oh yes I remember now the Supper Club. There was entertainment also. Thanks Keith.

Ivi

On 6/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, Lord Haw Haw said:

Not sure how reliable this is but someone mentioned the other day that the complementary champagne is Billecart-Salmon, can anyone confirm?

that is a very upscale brand -  what was offered to PH years ago before C switched to Charles Heidsieck  -   

and there were bottles "special selection for C"  on the wine list as well

comparing to the Jacquart a difference of around   70 %

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More and more crew continue to join Serenity as it gets ready for the inaugural sailing with the vast majority returning crew members.  This is not a surprise to some of us and between returning crew and so many Crystal Society members who will be returning to both ships it is very special. For some of us this is truly our extended Crystal Family.  The same holds true for Symphony with Serenity just one month and a couple of days ahead of Symphony before she starts her inaugural sailing.  

Bags packed. Ready to go. Can't wait.  

I used to say I am hoping. This was up until June of lsat year as in my heart of hearts I always believed Crystal would return and with the return the most important part of Crystal which is the people.  

I know many of you feel the same way.

Keith

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We have never cruised Crystal. 50 cruises on various lines from Royal Caribbean, Princess, NCL (Haven), Celebrity Retreat, Oceania, Regent. Special anniversary next year so we are ready to book. Worried that I won’t know the ins and outs of excursions, specialty restaurants , pre cruise hotel and transfers. Flying from NY to London. Any help appreciated!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We have never cruised Crystal. 50 cruises on various lines from Royal Caribbean, Princess, NCL (Haven), Celebrity Retreat, Oceania, Regent. Special anniversary next year so we are ready to book. Worried that I won’t know the ins and outs of excursions, specialty restaurants , pre cruise hotel and transfers. Flying from NY to London. Any help appreciated!

You'll do fine.  For the most part Crystal cruisers are entitled to the same privileges around the ship regardless of room category.  You will generally receive a set number of reservations to the specialty restaurants but can book more for an added fee.  On old Crystal I have found the main dining room to be excellent, so don't discount that.   Excursions?  We are all wondering about those.  A & K has a great reputation, but this is new Crystal.  I generally prefer to book excursions with a third party, but am willing to try some of the excursions offered by Crystal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Terrific news. Over the coming month you will see lots of posts about the ships and the entire experience and many of us who sail will be happy to answer your questions. Our first cruise on Crystal in 2002 was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and the experience exceeded our expectations.  Many years later we renewed our wedding vows with family  on board a Crystal sailing to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.  

We felt very welcomed on our first Crystal cruise even though no one knew us from before. You will find it easy to learn how things work.

Keith

59 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I just realized I embarked on my 55th cruise, on our 55th wedding anniversary! That was two weeks ago, so alas, it wasn’t on Crystal.

One tip which we all hope will be easily accomplished on Crystal, going forward, is what we’ve enjoyed in the past. If you have Umi Uma or Oviedo booked and you see something you love, on Waterside’s menu, just ask to have it on a subsequent night. They do need 24 hours notice.

Once the reviews start rolling in, you’ll have tons of info! Happy anniversary.

• Like 2