Some Additional Details

Keith1010

18 minutes ago, Zele said:

Patty,

I hope not as it could mean further delays in getting onboard as passengers will have to hang around longer to complete luggage tags or some other form of identification.

But, as you say we will soon find out.

Rod   

No offense, but filling out and attaching luggage tags would take about 5 minutes, max.😉

Patty

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

No offense, but filling out and attaching luggage tags would take about 5 minutes, max.😉

Patty

I was just thinking I have several old luggage tags not from 2021 when they were pre-printed but from 2020 and before.  I could fill those out.  😀  

Keith

1 hour ago, Zele said:

Patty,

I hope not as it could mean further delays in getting onboard as passengers will have to hang around longer to complete luggage tags or some other form of identification.

But, as you say we will soon find out.

Rod   

Rod,

I’ve sailed seabourn several time since OC ceased operations.  Final docs and luggage tags are available in my online account.  The tags are anvailable in the preliminary docs which is so far in advance of sailing. All I do is print the tags and attach to my bags right before embarkation.  I believe seabourn started doing this in the past couple of years and perhaps right before the pandemic.  I could get tags at checkin but easy to print prior to embarkation.   From what I understand,  Many lines now operate this way.

Nancy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Chairman?  Top of the management chain?  Or is this just some ceremonial title.

From crystal cruises recent post on their Facebook page:

As we prepare for the relaunch of Crystal this summer, join our Brand Ambassador, Fernando Barroso de Oliveira as he sets the stage for a spectacular comeback. 

A well-known figure in the travel industry, Fernando will host Crystal’s World Cruise in January, offering guests an exceptional blend of amenities, exotic destinations, and immersive experiences. To learn more about the 2024 World Cruise visit https://crystalcruises.com/world-cruise.

#CrystalatSea #WorldCruise

Nancy

18 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Chairman?  Top of the management chain?  Or is this just some ceremonial title.

Title Chairman ceremonial.   Clearly an Ambassador.   He was terrific yesterday.  I applaud enthusiasm and passion when he described the itineraries, the crew and the cuisine.

Keith 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Title Chairman ceremonial.   Clearly an Ambassador.   He was terrific yesterday.  I applaud enthusiasm and passion when he described the itineraries, the crew and the cuisine.

Keith 

Keith, was there any indication given as to when 2025 itineraries would be released?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaz52 said:

Keith, was there any indication given as to when 2025 itineraries would be released?

The exact answer given in writing by a TA representative was “Crystal is excited to announce that they will be coming out soon!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ivyleaguegent said:

Has anyone heard whether the ballroom dancing in the evening will be returning?

The exact written answer given by Crystal’s Senior VP of Marketing was “

Yes, dance instructors will be back with even more options (e.g., Ballroom, Salsa, etc.)”

another question was when will the dancing times be? - the answer by a Crystal sales manager was “1 will get the official times, but they will be ample, as with open dining, guests go to dinner when they wish, so the dance times are long enough for all to be able to dance before dinner.”

12 hours ago, JusttheTwoofUs said:

Was there anything said about visitors?  I'm aware that during the pandemic it was not allowed, but I'm wondering if they said anything about even considering allowing visitors on board again?

While this one was not covered, might be best to have your TA contact Crystal about this.

Keith

19 hours ago, vistaman said:

I wish new C finally would get rid of some very boring lecturers lasting there for ages and talking about the same aannounced as  " professors ambassadors generals  leading journalists " ???

also of some singers and entertainers with a cracking voice or doing acts  suitable for a parish wellfare  

You will see a combination of lecturers who are new to Crystal and those who have been with old Crystal. .For me, my issue is not about a returning lecturer if they change up their talks. Rather it is with those who do not make/take the time to develop fresh material.  In time we will also see greater diversity in topics and in those who give talks.

Keith

• Like 3

I wanted to add one more item having actually been on the webinar along with a few of you.

New Crystal was great about answering as many of the silent questions as possible and they did a nice job keeping up with them.  I asked a couple of silent questions and within minutes each one was answered and the same was true for most of them.  There were very few that could not be answered and they indicated that they would followup on this.  They had a few people on hand answering them.

There were also a few items that needed clarification and they were clarified towards the end.

There will undoubtedly be a few surprises too such as What A Wonderful World. Will the same version be used?  Will it be accompanied by another song?  Some will find out very soon.

Similarly it won't be long until people get a better sense as to what will be done in those rooms where walls were not removed whether it is only the bed linens and detailing or if anything else is in store.

While it's nice to know the answers to everything, I like the idea of not knowing everything.  I think back to our first cruise on Harmony where we knew far less than what we knew ahead of time or the first time on Symphony or on Serenity or the first time on Symphony around six months after open dining was implemented along with other changes and the first time on Serenity after leaving the ship on the voyage before dry dock only to return three or so cruises after the dry dock to see the changes to open dining and two new restaurants. There is an excitement to that IMHO. 

I have said all along that New Crystal will take the best of Old Crystal and then adjust other areas to create an even better product.  I believe this will be the case.

Will it be perfect?  No. It never was.  Nothing is.  Will there be a few hiccups along the way?  Likely and not a surprise but overall it should be terrific.

I remember those posts about crew not returning and all the banter about how many.  I remember those posts about how can one say that new Crystal will be anything like old Crystal while some of us said it will.

The good news is we will know soon enough.  And the other good news is what we have seen so far and heard about is many things are carrying over from old Crystal and being augmented with new things which are being introduced by New Crystal.

I have heard from a number of people who were live on the webinar with myself in the minutes and hours after the Webinar and I think everyone used the same two words which were "Very Exciting."

Just like a sequel or prequel to a movie people will  take it all in and decide for themselves what they think. Even if it was still old Crystal we all had different views. In fact, take five people on the same cruise and some of the experiences vary. It will be great to experience new Crystal. It will be great to hear what people think.  We can expect differences of opinion.

But in the end, the only opinion that truly matters is each of ours.

It won't be long until New Crystal debuts. It won't be long until each ship is underway.

Bags are packed. Ready to go.  Can't wait.  I know several of you feel the same as I do.

Keith

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 12:59 AM, Keith1010 said:

I wanted to add one more item having actually been on the webinar along with a few of you.

New Crystal was great about answering as many of the silent questions as possible and they did a nice job keeping up with them.  I asked a couple of silent questions and within minutes each one was answered and the same was true for most of them.  There were very few that could not be answered and they indicated that they would followup on this.  They had a few people on hand answering them.

There were also a few items that needed clarification and they were clarified towards the end.

There will undoubtedly be a few surprises too such as What A Wonderful World. Will the same version be used?  Will it be accompanied by another song?  Some will find out very soon.

Similarly it won't be long until people get a better sense as to what will be done in those rooms where walls were not removed whether it is only the bed linens and detailing or if anything else is in store.

While it's nice to know the answers to everything, I like the idea of not knowing everything.  I think back to our first cruise on Harmony where we knew far less than what we knew ahead of time or the first time on Symphony or on Serenity or the first time on Symphony around six months after open dining was implemented along with other changes and the first time on Serenity after leaving the ship on the voyage before dry dock only to return three or so cruises after the dry dock to see the changes to open dining and two new restaurants. There is an excitement to that IMHO. 

I have said all along that New Crystal will take the best of Old Crystal and then adjust other areas to create an even better product.  I believe this will be the case.

Will it be perfect?  No. It never was.  Nothing is.  Will there be a few hiccups along the way?  Likely and not a surprise but overall it should be terrific.

I remember those posts about crew not returning and all the banter about how many.  I remember those posts about how can one say that new Crystal will be anything like old Crystal while some of us said it will.

The good news is we will know soon enough.  And the other good news is what we have seen so far and heard about is many things are carrying over from old Crystal and being augmented with new things which are being introduced by New Crystal.

I have heard from a number of people who were live on the webinar with myself in the minutes and hours after the Webinar and I think everyone used the same two words which were "Very Exciting."

Just like a sequel or prequel to a movie people will  take it all in and decide for themselves what they think. Even if it was still old Crystal we all had different views. In fact, take five people on the same cruise and some of the experiences vary. It will be great to experience new Crystal. It will be great to hear what people think.  We can expect differences of opinion.

But in the end, the only opinion that truly matters is each of ours.

It won't be long until New Crystal debuts. It won't be long until each ship is underway.

Bags are packed. Ready to go.  Can't wait.  I know several of you feel the same as I do.

Keith

Keith, I am hopeful that you will post a detailed blog while on your first cruise with your lovely wife!! So we can all live vicariously through your experiences until we experience for ourselves.

• Like 2

Here is some additional information about transfers:

Airport transfer is only included if guest purchased the air program through Crystal, they will be picked up private at the airport and dropped off at the port OR their Crystal hotel (if purchased). If they purchase another hotel property, they will forfeit that transfer.

Any guest who purchases a Crystal hotel will receive the transfer from hotel to pier.

Keith

As part of the Webinar there was a silent question about whether guests would get credit for previous sailings. The answer is yes as Crystal has the records for each persons sailing which I mentioned the other day.  At the same time as I mentioned, they do not have records for unused or used milestones so they are unable to honor any unused milestones.

An item we didn't cover yet is that at this time they plan to use the Crystal Society Milestone Program as it stood in 2019.

Keith

13 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

As part of the Webinar there was a silent question about whether guests would get credit for previous sailings.

Actually there were two written questions relating to this 

Q Will we get credit for previous sailings on old Crystal for the recognition program?

A From Crystals sales manager - New Crystal did get the database of former Crystal, so we do know how many times guests have sailed and we will continue to honor the perks of the old program. We're using the 2019 Crystal Society program as to the perks.

Q Will Crystal have a loyalty program and will the new Crystal honor past milestones?

Two answers were given

A Yes. Crystal Society will continue and past milestones are recorded in your account.

A While "unused" milestones from the past cannot be honored, the count of voyages continue as you work towards future milestones to redeem

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Actually there were two written questions relating to this 

Q Will we get credit for previous sailings on old Crystal for the recognition program?

A From Crystals sales manager - New Crystal did get the database of former Crystal, so we do know how many times guests have sailed and we will continue to honor the perks of the old program. We're using the 2019 Crystal Society program as to the perks.

Q Will Crystal have a loyalty program and will the new Crystal honor past milestones?

Two answers were given

A Yes. Crystal Society will continue and past milestones are recorded in your account.

A While "unused" milestones from the past cannot be honored, the count of voyages continue as you work towards future milestones to redeem

Yep. I know as I have the written questions and answers but thank you for pointing this out.  

I have already addressed all of this today and previously.

In short I have said Crystal has a record of all completed cruises (I noted this a couple of months ago and in the earlier post).  Should someone want to verify their count they can have their TA contact Crystal or one can call them as well.  

As I noted the other day  and less than 30 minutes ago Crystal cannot verify unused milestones as they have no records as to what was used and unused.

And the new information that I posted which is new is that the plan is to use the Crystal Society Milestone program as of 2019.

Keith

12 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

Keith, I am hopeful that you will post a detailed blog while on your first cruise with your lovely wife!! So we can all live vicariously through your experiences until we experience for ourselves.

Thank you for your very thoughtful comments.  I do plan to continue to do detailed Blogs for each of our cruises with new Crystal and also plan to provide live updates on Cruise Critic.

It is hard to believe that in late June of last year it was reported that the A&K travel group had purchased Serenity and Symphony and the name, customer database, etc. 

In 13 months and a few days Serenity sails with TA's and then a few days later the inaugural cruise begins and just over one month later Symphony begins its inaugural cruise.  The amount of work to make this a reality is incredible. 

While we as guests are thrilled, I hear the same thing from land based members of Crystal as I do from returning crew.  With so many returning crew and Crystal Society members the inaugural season for Crystal will truly be a reunion of sorts for everyone who is part of this 

One thing for sure I never gave up hope and always believed Serenity and Symphony would return and Crystal would come back.Yes, it returns as a new company but as I've often said Crystal evolved with each passing year and never stayed the same.  I look forward to experiencing the best of old Crystal combined with the new that new Crystal has planned.  It's all very exciting.

Thank you again.

Keith  

• Like 2