free drinks in captain club

oldmancurtis

On evening on our Silhouette cruise that ended 3/9, DH and I (Elite) walked into the Sky Lounge to partake of our 5-7 nightly beverages. There was a hostess at the door and we showed our seapass cards. Unbeknownst to us, it was an event for ?? where waitstaff came around offering select cocktails one at a time after the host announced what each was. It was delightful and I was happy we happened upon it!

What was it???

1 minute ago, TMLAalum said:

On evening on our Silhouette cruise that ended 3/9, DH and I (Elite) walked into the Sky Lounge to partake of our 5-7 nightly beverages. There was a hostess at the door and we showed our seapass cards. Unbeknownst to us, it was an event for ?? where waitstaff came around offering select cocktails one at a time after the host announced what each was. It was delightful and I was happy we happened upon it!

What was it???

Elite mixology event 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

What was it???

Music and Mixology.  It would have been listed on your elite events invitation that you would have received in your state room on arrival. It was something you were supposed to RSVP to, but of course they would let you in as long as you showed your card. They don’t do it on every cruise on every ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

The Music and Mixology isn't fleetwide yet. Started on the E Class ships. Plans are to eventually go fleetwide. 

On the Beyond, we were invited to a Music and Mixology Class.  When we arrived, there were 4 glasses of wine on each place setting but the class was a drawing class. No music and no mixology.   There ended up being very few of us in the class and there was plenty of wine for seconds, thirds, etc.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

The Music and Mixology isn't fleetwide yet. Started on the E Class ships. Plans are to eventually go fleetwide. 

I actually went twice on Solstice in January. They said on the first cruise that is the first time it was done . They ironed out a few kinks for the 2nd leg of our B2B. There were no recipes as they were just figuring it out. On the 2nd cruise they had printed individual cards for each drink. I see they are now printing all 4 on one card. I guess E class was not first

7 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I actually went twice on Solstice in January. They said on the first cruise that is the first time it was done . They ironed out a few kinks for the 2nd leg of our B2B. There were no recipes as they were just figuring it out. On the 2nd cruise they had printed individual cards for each drink. I see they are now printing all 4 on one card. I guess E class was not first

The CC introduced the M&M summer of 2022 on the Edge. 

8 hours ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, we were invited to a Music and Mixology Class.  When we arrived, there were 4 glasses of wine on each place setting but the class was a drawing class. No music and no mixology.   There ended up being very few of us in the class and there was plenty of wine for seconds, thirds, etc.

Sounds like you attended the CC wine tasting not the CC Music & Mixology event. Celebrity does or use to have a mixology class. Cost was about $35.00 pp. Open to all.

Edited by davekathy

The “music and mixology” is not a class.   It’s entertainment. Some of the flare bartenders come and show off their abilities, and they mix samples of four cocktails, then hand out tastes and the recipes.  There is no fee.  Open to Captains Club Elite and above.

17 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The “music and mixology” is not a class.   It’s entertainment. Some of the flare bartenders come and show off their abilities, and they mix samples of four cocktails, then hand out tastes and the recipes.  There is no fee.  Open to Captains Club Elite and above.

Glad you agree with me. 

19 hours ago, Mark_T said:

They will not mix other cocktails, but you can usually get straight shots of the top-shelf brands they stock. Do check prices first to avoid sticker shock 🙂

Hello,

Which is only fine if you are a spirits drinker.

Regards,

Cublet

21 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Not only can you not get Captain's Club drinks at the World Class Bar, you cannot be served anything other that what is on the specific World Class Bar Menu.

Regards,

Cublet

Yes, I was stunned when asking for a Negroni at the WCB. No.

they made me one every night on the Solstice last October.

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I can't say for sure as I'm not Elite yet but I will be after my next cruise.  I've heard that there is no more Elite lounge, however the drinks can be redeemed at some bars.

There has never been an Elite Lounge ! 

If you are coming to Celebrity from Royal, you may be familiar with a place called the diamond lounge. Celebrity does not have such a dedicated space.

Instead, elite members can order drinks from the elite menu at most bars throughout the ship, from five to seven.

This has replaced a system where the sky lounge (and before that Michael’s Club) was reserved for the exclusive use of Elite members between five and seven.

Now you can go to nearly any bar and order from the following menu or one similar to it.  If you have a beverage package, this may be of no interest to you but if you don’t have a package, enjoy these.

627611B3-FCFF-4AD2-B0A3-B8D42DB6CC39.jpeg

Edited by WestLakeGirl

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I guess our CC host was wrong

Apparently so or the first time for the ship you were on. Our March Apex CC host told us it would be going fleetwide. Sounds like she was correct. Glad it is as we really enjoyed the  M&M event.

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Which is only fine if you are a spirits drinker.

... and there are of course plenty of other bars happy to serve whatever they have in stock, it is just that this particular one has a very narrow range of stock and is limited by the conditions of the brand licence to only make the 'approved' cocktails.

6 hours ago, CU64 said:

Yes, I was stunned when asking for a Negroni at the WCB. No.

they made me one every night on the Solstice last October.

You may find some flexibility with some staff on some sailings but if they are sticking to the rules they have to say 'no' as they are not a generic cocktail bar.

12 hours ago, Mark_T said:

... and there are of course plenty of other bars happy to serve whatever they have in stock, it is just that this particular one has a very narrow range of stock and is limited by the conditions of the brand licence to only make the 'approved' cocktails.

You may find some flexibility with some staff on some sailings but if they are sticking to the rules they have to say 'no' as they are not a generic cocktail bar.

I now know this. On the Solstice, the male bartender was making custom preferred drinks for cruisers who were happy to benefit from bartender’s expertise, et al…we always added small tip. Best bar on ship.