Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

14 hours ago, Woofa said:

Question.  

We have only taken one cruise and did not take any excursions.  I assumed that for the most part, excursions were similar across all lines (with some differences.). Was your issue more with the O pricing and the "included" level excursions or did you feel that overall, all excursions were bad?

My issue is mostly with the excursions almost always being problematic. On recent cruises we’ve booked at least one excursion to use up shipboard credit. Only one excursion was very good. Left on time; hours of tour same as advertised; lunch good; bus in good condition; guide friendly and informative and approx. 30 people. All cruise ship excursions are overpriced compared to a private tour, so that’s to be expected. It’s the quality of the excursion that’s lacking, especially a lot of “free time” to do nothing much but shop trinkets. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Hanoj said:

Any additional information leaks?

Our Oceania Club Ambassador, Cella, did our Future Cruise presentation yesterday, and went over the new program, highlighting the differences.

She confirmed that the included shipboard credit could only be applied for shorex, but could be applied to any excursion offered, regardless of price.  They cannot be applied for pre or post cruise hotel stays, nor any enroute “overland” tours…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, grifdoglover said:

@janecambridgeDid you have an idea of the price before? We are all trying to figure out how much more the inclusive fares cost compared to pre simply more.  Seems odd they are competing with Regent I wonder if a previous poster was correct they will merge O with Regent?

Impossible to figure since there’s no “cruise only” fare for comparison.

24 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Impossible to figure since there’s no “cruise only” fare for comparison.

If any of the new fares are for 2024 cruises that many of us have already booked "cruise only", we can compare. I save all my old O brochures. In a massive pile that must weigh 50 pound just going back to 2/2021.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"SimplyMore" means simply higher fares as you are paying for items you don't need or want. Just about every cruise line is going to some form of the program since they all need to improve their margins to meet debt requirements and increased costs. So long as people are willing to pay the price it will continue to rise. Supply and demand rule!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if they will be  asking for more $$ if you have paid in full for a cruise  after Oct 1st??

Some will cancel & some will like the new deal

Time will tell

Maybe on the weekend update the website will show the higher prices  for all this  good stuff  they are adding 🤔

Too bad as Oceania  was our  favourite line but I guess all good things  will come to an end

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Too bad as Oceania  was our  favourite line but I guess all good things  will come to an end

And this is exactly why I don't pay much attention to loyalty programs. products change, prices change, I don't want to put all my eggs in the same basket..

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

And this is exactly why I don't pay much attention to loyalty programs. products change, prices change, I don't want to put all my eggs in the same basket..

The  program is  nice  but it is not why we book O

Since the price of the OLife amenities house select beverage package and the shore excursions is already included in the base fare we're all paying now, the only variable is the OLife On Board Credit amount.  I predict the price increase, if any, will be equal to one half of the OLife OBC amount, or $300 to $400 per (most) cruise.

Once SimplyMORE is activated, the only choice will be SimplyMORE with air, or Cruise Only (AKA SimplyMORE without air).   The price difference will be the air credit.

I have 7 O cruises booked and will be booking more as soon as the new itineraries are released this fall.

8 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Since the price of the OLife amenities house select beverage package and the shore excursions is already included in the base fare we're all paying now, the only variable is the OLife On Board Credit amount.  I predict the price increase, if any, will be equal to one half of the OLife OBC amount, or $300 to $400 per (most) cruise.

Once SimplyMORE is activated, the only choice will be SimplyMORE with air, or Cruise Only (AKA SimplyMORE without air).   The price difference will be the air credit.

I have 7 O cruises booked and will be booking more as soon as the new itineraries are released this fall.

The freedom to select "cruise only " option is removed resulting in much higher fares for people who would have selected that option. I don't drink alcohol or take ship's excursions so I don't need to pay for items I don't use. I guess they can see how it works and then remove part of it, or the whole thing.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Orator said:

The freedom to select "cruise only " option is removed resulting in much higher fares for people who would have selected that option. I don't drink alcohol or take ship's excursions so I don't need to pay for items I don't use. I guess they can see how it works and then remove part of it, or the whole thing.

And the way the press release reads is that you get "free' airfare meaning there is no option to book your own air and get a credit. A very poorly worded press release which is turning off many many people. If I wanted to pay the price and sail on a Regent type product I would just book Regent from the start. At this rate Oceania raises will be the same price as Regent 7 Seas prices.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

And the way the press release reads is that you get "free' airfare meaning there is no option to book your own air and get a credit. A very poorly worded press release which is turning off many many people. If I wanted to pay the price and sail on a Regent type product I would just book Regent from the start. At this rate Oceania raises will be the same price as Regent 7 Seas prices.

According to several TAs, although there is no cruise only, you will be able to get an air credit if you want want to do your own flights.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

According to several TAs, although there is no cruise only, you will be able to get an air credit if you want want to do your own flights.

Which would be just like Regent. If they allow it on Regent, they will certainly allow it on O.

53 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Since the price of the OLife amenities house select beverage package and the shore excursions is already included in the base fare we're all paying now, the only variable is the OLife On Board Credit amount…...

Not really. Regular O Life gets only one of the three perks (SBC, tours, booze).

• Like 1