Family Rooms

Sunseeker20

Hello!

I have been trying to research which ships have rooms that fit 5 people. I feel like I'm getting conflicting answers, so I'm wondering if anyone has some information? I'm looking for any line, any ship. Ive discovered that some of the ships have extra spacious inside that fits 5 and some have obstructed balcony that fits 5 so its not always under "Family Cabin". Hoping for a list so I can plan a family cruise and have all 5 of us in the same room.

Any tips helps!

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello!

I have been trying to research which ships have rooms that fit 5 people. I feel like I'm getting conflicting answers, so I'm wondering if anyone has some information? I'm looking for any line, any ship. Ive discovered that some of the ships have extra spacious inside that fits 5 and some have obstructed balcony that fits 5 so its not always under "Family Cabin". Hoping for a list so I can plan a family cruise and have all 5 of us in the same room.

Any tips helps!

Thanks

Why don't you post this on the Family Cruise section of CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

You'll probably find many families there who not only "know about" 5-person cabins/suites, but also have experienced them.

Otherwise, I'd call a travel agent familiar with cruising, or call any cruise lines you might be interested in.  Or... look at deck plans or the "notes" section of those, where some specific symbol will probably be used for accommodations that can fit 5 or 6, etc.  (like a double asterisk, or such) that would show on the cabin outline on the deck plans.

GC

I gave you some suggestions on your thread on the Family board, but also suggested you ask on the board here for each cruise line you are considering.  

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Very few to none at this point have cabins that hold 5. You would need to find an older ship. Best bet would be to get to adjoining cabins.

This is untrue.  carnival Dream class ships each have 197 Deluxe OV cabins, Vista class have 215, plus family harbor cove cabins.  Unfortunately, they have eliminated these cabins from the newest class.  EM

11 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Very many ships have cabins with connecting doors - each capable of holding three. Not only would this likely give you more room per passenger , it would provide two bathrooms- a far more preferable arrangement. 

Yes I agree with you there about the bathrooms. However it's better for us to be in the same room for the kids sail free deal, that way all the kids are free instead of just 1 being free. 

7 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Very few to none at this point have cabins that hold 5. You would need to find an older ship. Best bet would be to get to adjoining cabins.

Pretty sure the 3 NEWEST, Pinnacle class ships for HAL are the only ones with family sized rooms.

I was under the impression the newer ships were capping at 4 per cabin. 

I believe the NCL breakaway and encore have family ocean views that sleep 5, I’m guessing other ships in that class have them.

I was under the impression the newer ships were capping at 4 per cabin. 

Part of ‘icon of the Seas’ deck plan -  ‘Family Infinite Ocean View Balcony’ at deck 9, 10 and 11 (up to 6 guests).

IMG_4121.jpeg

Edited by hallasm