Currently on Crown

Nightowl11

2 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Juneau:  It’s 11:12 pm and we haven’t left port. All aboard was 8:30pm. We heard someone in the elevator say that 2 people are missing. Anyone know what the real story is? 

I hope they find them.  You might post this on your roll call for a response.

20 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I just posted a pic of Crowns bridge cam, its currently 6:04AM Pacific time.🤔

Looks like they forgot to update the displayed text. Crown is about to arrive at Icy Strait Point in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

@Nightowl11 I hope that you are enjoying your cruise. I will be boarding Crown in August. 

I am wondering about getting specialty coffees in the mornings. Is there anywhere besides the international cafe to get these?

I saw a recent patter that listed Coffee and Cones opens at 11:00am. 

I would appreciate any information about this, if you are a coffee drinker. I know that I will be able to order the special coffees on the tv for room service. Just trying to find out what other options there are.

Thank you. Enjoy your day in Icy Strait.

Edited by CruzeQueen2
word added

9 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Juneau:  It’s 11:12 pm and we haven’t left port. All aboard was 8:30pm. We heard someone in the elevator say that 2 people are missing. Anyone know what the real story is?

The distance between Icy Straight Point and Juneau is only about 80 miles by sea. Cruise ships prefer to travel at speeds of at least 10-12 knots, for fuel efficiency and handling (stabilizers are useless below 8 knots or so, give or take, Crown is shaft and rudder, not azipods).  As there is no open area to just  run around in circles in (as they often do in the Bahama's or Caribbean, they just stay tied up in port if they can when making the run from Icy Point Straight to Juneau or vice/versa, until the time frame allows them to cruise at greater than 10-12 knots. My understanding of this anyway.

Edited by RedIguana

2 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Nightowl11 I hope that you are enjoying your cruise. I will be boarding Crown in August. 

I am wondering about getting specialty coffees in the mornings. Is there anywhere besides the international cafe to get these?

I saw a recent patter that listed Coffee and Cones opens at 11:00am. 

I would appreciate any information about this, if you are a coffee drinker. I know that I will be able to order the special coffees on the tv for room service. Just trying to find out what other options there are.

Thank you. Enjoy your day in Icy Strait.

will you be on the Aug 25 sailing?

3 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

I was on the Crown earlier this year. The only other place to get specialty coffee would be Coffee and Cones on the lido deck. I don't remember what time it opened.

The lido and MDR served the Nestle Syrup coffee.

As somebody that drinks freshly brewed black coffee, Princess's setup is disappointing as they want to charge for freshly brewed coffee and then you have to jump in the same line as everybody else that wants the foo-foo drinks. So, you have to wait for the cashier and baristas to make all these special drinks, as well as, wait for the cashier to ring you up. It's a giant waste of time when Princess's equals, Celebrity and HAL is just a giant spigot of self-serve, freshly brewed coffee.

Maybe for others this is not a big deal, but waiting for 10 minutes b/c people order these weird coffees is disappointing when it takes 10 seconds to pour a single cup of coffee.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

I would think the best source for this info would be on your ship and not on this forum.  JMHO.

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just curious, does that mean they still have the small tvs on the shelf above the refrigerator area?  

I had a minisuite in May (May 12 cruise) - I had 2 large flat screens:

image.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just curious, does that mean they still have the small tvs on the shelf above the refrigerator area?  

Ooops….I guess I didn’t pay attention to your whole post. The TV was above the refrigerator, but it was a small flat screen. We were in an interior. I never bothered watching it, but my husband liked the Wake show. 

AC983337-824B-4E19-9491-8427AA02323A.jpeg

17 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

Does anyone know if Crown has Starlink internet yet or is it still super slow? Cruising in a few weeks and hoping it's availble by then.

Nope.

Internet was "tolerable". 

Edited by Coral

3 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Ooops….I guess I didn’t pay attention to your whole post. The TV was above the refrigerator, but it was a small flat screen. We were in an interior. I never bothered watching it, but my husband liked the Wake show. 

AC983337-824B-4E19-9491-8427AA02323A.jpeg

Thank you .. 

I usually don’t even turn on the tv once while on a cruise.  I have run into those little square corners when it is on the wall, though.  Ouch!  
I don’t mind them being smaller or on the shelf above the fridge one bit.  

The crown in regular rooms has good sized flat screen TV's mounted above the cabinet that holds the refrigerators...not sure of size but they are not small screen and are as big as they could fit in that space..plenty big enough and good viewing angles etc ...