Luminae burger on Retreat Sun Deck?

39august

5 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I don't know but I was wondering if you can get during a port day on the sun deck... know Luminae itself is closed for lunch on port days.

Yes you can order from the limited Sun Deck menu on port days.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Anyone have experience with ordering this? Is it really the same as in Luminae? How long did it take to get your order? Thinking of trying this on a sea day next cruise on EQ. 

Yes, yes, on ships where the Luminae kitchen is on deck 3/4 it takes a while, 15 minutes at least, IIRC.

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I don't know but I was wondering if you can get during a port day on the sun deck... know Luminae itself is closed for lunch on port days.

On the Apex in May we were able to order on the Sun Deck until 2:30 pm on a port day. We had went into the Retreat lounge just to get a snack and nothing was out. We were told to go upstairs to get something.  It was pretty decent, took maybe 20 minutes.  Little chilly eating up there since we were in Norway but we liked having it available.

Retreat sun deck bar is always open for lunch even on port days. Can order shrimp cocktail, the famed Luminae burger, a chicken sandwich and one or two other items from their food menu.

I'm also a fan of the Luminae burger too. I usually cut the huge buns in half in an effort to reduce carbs. Also always ask for mayo on the side as it pairs perfectly with the truffle fries.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 39august said:

Anyone have experience with ordering this? Is it really the same as in Luminae? How long did it take to get your order? Thinking of trying this on a sea day next cruise on EQ. 

Yes it's the same thing, made in the same place. Felt very 'resort-y' eating it on the Edge sun deck last year.

1 hour ago, Nado44 said:

Retreat sun deck bar is always open for lunch even on port days. Can order shrimp cocktail, the famed Luminae burger, a chicken sandwich and one or two other items from their food menu.

I'm also a fan of the Luminae burger too. I usually cut the huge buns in half in an effort to reduce carbs. Also always ask for mayo on the side as it pairs perfectly with the truffle fries.

Ok I never thought mayo was good for fries but just yesterday I ate after church at Beasley’s in Raleigh, North Carolina where they give you two sauces for your fries.  Mine were both mayo based.  It’s a chicken and waffles place but I had the smash burger.

I am a little annoyed at OP as my next cruise is not for 18 months.  Good to know it’s open on port days.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm hoping to order it for lunch to be served in our suite on Equinox. 

Your butler might get one for you, I don’t think room service will.

4 hours ago, Nado44 said:

I had the Luminae burger in Luminae. No top bun for me also. We also had lunch on a port day on the Edge. I ordered 2 shrimp and 2 chicken Caesar wraps. Portions on the small side back in 2019. Had lunch last year on a port day in Alaska at the Retreat sun deck on Millie. 

If you order anything for room service you have to be very specific about what you want.  

If you order the burger be sure to ask for the condiments you want.   I ordered one for lunch when in a suite.  It came plain.  The burger and the bun. The fries were cold and there wasn’t any ketchup, salt and etc.  same with the burger, it came cold.   

We were confined  to our suite for 7 days due to Covid.  We got room service for every meal and learned a lot about room service.  What you take for granted as being part of the order isn’t.  If you don’t ask it isn’t provided.  No butter or jam with the toast and etc.   

After that cruise we no longer want any room service except for some espressos in the morning.  We got tired of it and don’t see the fascination.   No matter how hard they tried everything came cold or warm at best.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅