New sale - July 6th - Sept 5th, Score for '24

Coral

Question for anyone who has done this:  We had put down $3,200 OBC for a cruise.  With the new promotion (Score 24), my cruise is considerably cheaper.  Is it possible that I could refare and then ask for the remainder of the OBC to be put back into my account.  Looking for answers from people that have done this.  Thank you.

I am booked for British Isles Sept 2024. Side note - deposits now show as refundable if you pick your own cabin.  They previously had not been.  Under new promotion, we refared with cancel/new booking and saved over $800, $200 OBC added, free transfers to/from ship and discount on EZ Air if that’s the way we go.  Too early for airfare pricing but I thought that was pretty good!  

Edited by trekkerlady
Spelling
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, trekkerlady said:

I am booked for British Isles Sept 2024. Side note - deposits now show as refundable if you pick your own cabin.  They previously had not been.  Under new promotion, we refared with cancel/new booking and saved over $800, $200 OBC added, free transfers to/from ship and discount on EZ Air if that’s the way we go.  Too early for airfare pricing but I thought that was pretty good!  

That's great!

Mine had an excellent savings, but no OBC - we actually lost $100 pp OBC we'd had, but the savings MORE THAN make up for that loss.    Didn't see anything about an EZ Air discount.

Good for you that you got this 🙂

• Like 2

Today we checked fares on two of our 2024 cruises.  On the April 10th, Majestic sailing our fare went down $1,200 pp (we lost $150 OBC).  Our October 19th, Coral sailing our fare went down $400 pp.

Our TA was able to re-fare both existing bookings.  Score! 🙂

• Like 5

I am trying to refare two cruises.  First call to my TA took 30 minutes for them to take the call and then the TA waited almost 2 hours for a Princess rep.  Saved $1,000 and lost no benefits.  Second call to my TA took 35 minutes and my TA has been informed that wait time is approximately 1 hour to talk with a Princess rep.  Waiting to see what savings will be realized on this second cruise.

• Like 2

Just now, Italy52 said:

I am trying to refare two cruises.  First call to my TA took 30 minutes for them to take the call and then the TA waited almost 2 hours for a Princess rep.  Saved $1,000 and lost no benefits.  Second call to my TA took 35 minutes and my TA has been informed that wait time is approximately 1 hour to talk with a Princess rep.  Waiting to see what savings will be realized on this second cruise.

Our TA does refares thru her Polar system, does not have to call Princess.  I'm not sure how all of that works but she accomplished both refares during the 5 minutes I was on the phone with her (via Whatsapp, as we are currently onboard the Emerald).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Our TA does refares thru her Polar system, does not have to call Princess.  I'm not sure how all of that works but she accomplished both refares during the 5 minutes I was on the phone with her (via Whatsapp, as we are currently onboard the Emerald).

TA told me that Princess has been swamped with all the calls.  Not sure what system the TA uses.  In any case, it is what it is. Nice to hear you had a short response time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Part 2 -- My TA was finally able to connect with a Princess rep. and refare my second reservation.  I was able to save $1,400 and keep my benefits.  I did ask the TA if they used Polar and she said yes but it has been a little glitchy lately.  Also, long waits were due to lots of refares, offices being closed on the 4th and people calling in asking about their upcoming cruise since there was an incident with the Ruby in San Francisco. 

Many thanks to @Coralfor giving the "heads up" about the sale. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, Italy52 said:

TA told me that Princess has been swamped with all the calls.  Not sure what system the TA uses.  In any case, it is what it is. Nice to hear you had a short response time.

All TA's have access to POLAR, but some are afraid to use it as they don't know it well.  Others prefer to have a Princess employee make a change so any screw-up is on them (I don't follow that logic totally because the TA has to have the smarts to make sure the Princess rep doesn't screw up). 

I prefer a TA that will use POLAR themselves - all things being equal.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:02 PM, Italy52 said:

Question for anyone who has done this:  We had put down $3,200 OBC for a cruise.  With the new promotion (Score 24), my cruise is considerably cheaper.  Is it possible that I could refare and then ask for the remainder of the OBC to be put back into my account.  Looking for answers from people that have done this.  Thank you.

Sorry, this post doesn't make sense with the OBC.  How can you put down OBC for a cruise?  Do you mean FCC?  There is no place to put a remainder of OBC??

If FCC, then the excess FCC will be in your CC Member profile - as long as it didn't expire.