"40% Off Every Guest, Every Sailing" Promotion Variant

mahdnc

Taking a break from the vaping threads!

Everyone knows that Celebrity will run different variants of the same underlying promotion.  However sometimes a particular variant will be more favorable for a certain set of passengers.  In this case Celebrity's "new" promotion favors people booking a cabin for one, three, or four people.  If you are booking a cabin for two people, I believe the cost and benefits not much different from the previous incarnation (I think the OBC is less with this new promotion). 

Here is the link to the flyer which includes the fine print

image.thumb.png.145c1e3005bb8d972d33ad97464e9bbf.png

As with most Celebrity sales these days, they just raise the price to put them on sale.  All of my six bookings are at least $1000 more… and that’s for a single passenger.  Not like pre Covid when it was normal to get at least a couple of price drops if you booked early!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Taking a break from the vaping threads!

Everyone knows that Celebrity will run different variants of the same underlying promotion.  However sometimes a particular variant will be more favorable for a certain set of passengers.  In this case Celebrity's "new" promotion favors people booking a cabin for one, three, or four people.  If you are booking a cabin for two people, I believe the cost and benefits not much different from the previous incarnation (I think the OBC is less with this new promotion). 

We are a party of 2 and had booked under the July 4 Promotion.  With the Summer Sale, we saved about $250 today.  I guess it depends on the particular cruise.

By the way, I have called both Wednesday and today.  Same message that the estimated wait time was about 4 minutes.  Both times it was about one hour.  There was no option for a call back.

2 hours ago, twincheryl said:

As with most Celebrity sales these days, they just raise the price to put them on sale.

This is all cruise lines.  The promotions are virtually the same from change to change if you step back and look at it closely.

• Like 1

The April Connie TA I booked a couple weeks ago is $300 more with $300 less OBC for an Oceanview cabin.   Over a 40% increase.  To me the 40% is in the wrong direction!!   Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the old price.

42 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The April Connie TA I booked a couple weeks ago is $300 more with $300 less OBC for an Oceanview cabin.   Over a 40% increase.  To me the 40% is in the wrong direction!!   Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the old price.

Oceanview?

1 hour ago, keesar said:

We are a party of 2 and had booked under the July 4 Promotion.  With the Summer Sale, we saved about $250 today.  I guess it depends on the particular cruise.

By the way, I have called both Wednesday and today.  Same message that the estimated wait time was about 4 minutes.  Both times it was about one hour.  There was no option for a call back.

It definitely depends on the cruise.  With the July 4 sale, I looked at our prices for several upcoming cruises.  Each one was several hundred dollars more than we paid.  I know some save money by checking so it's worth doing - honestly I never have.

If one has already made dining and excursion reservations in the cruise planner, are they retained if there is a price drop and an adjustment is made?

Edited by Cap_D

17 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

If one has already made dining and excursion reservations in the cruise planner, are they retained if there is a price drop and an adjustment is made?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Not surprisingly, this promotion does not help me out with my next 4 sailings:

1. Galapagos 2023--much more expensive (XS)

2. Christmas 2023 Solstice--price is very cheap because it was 3x lift and shift (V1)

3. Panama Canal Summit 2024--UVs are sold out, so I cannot re-price

4. Transpacific Solstice 2025--more expensive (C1)

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Oceanview?

What's the question?   Old price $767 pp with 400 OBC per cabin, new price $957 pp with $100 OBC per cabin.   Both prices plus Taxes/Fees.

Of course air is the most expensive piece of the trip.

Edited by wrk2cruise

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

What's the question?   Old price $767 pp with 400 OBC per cabin, new price $957 pp with $100 OBC per cabin.   Both prices plus Taxes/Fees.

Of course air is the most expensive piece of the trip.

Sorry to be so cryptic.  I didn't think that you worked to cruise in an oceanview cabin--it's not a cat you typically book, that's all.  Or maybe I am cryptic and wrong!

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Sorry to be so cryptic.  I didn't think that you worked to cruise in an oceanview cabin--it's not a cat you typically book, that's all.  Or maybe I am cryptic and wrong!

No you are right.  No longer working and cruising way more.  When I can get an Oceanview for just over $55 pp/pd I'll do it.   We started 20+ years ago in Concierge and did Aqua and Suites but now get Bev Package and Wifi with Zenith so it's only Cruise Only pricing for me.

• Like 5

I totally ignore all the sales hype/promos on the cruise lines we sail.  When I find an itinerary I like, I call my TAs and let them tell me the price along with perks and the rebate they'll give me.  Then I decided on if it's a pp/pn price I wish to pay for the selected category.