MINI SUITE QUESTIONS

dallascruiser

I am booked in a MC category on Regal Princess, which is a mini suite.  Does that mean I have the Reserve?  With separate dining etc?  I haven’t cruised with Princess for ages, so I’m really not up to date on everything Princess.  Thanks

LINDA

• Like 1

By "Reserve" I assume you mean "Reserve Class Dining"?  Only if you booked the cabin via that category.  They are more expensive than "plain" mini-suites.  All mini-suites do not have Reserve Class Dining (the "old" Club Class).

• Like 2

Thanks you all, I was afraid I was not covered in this category for RESERVE.  I’m not happy with my TA she told me she booked me in regular balcony, and now when prices dropped a bunch I contacted her and she told me I’m in MC category.  I should know my now not to trust TA’s.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

I recall it was only mini suite cat MA and MB that are the Reserve Class Dining.

I believe the Reserve Collection mini-suite category (formerly Club Class) is M1. All other Mx categories are regular mini-suites. As far as Reserved Class dining goes, only M1 and full suite categories are allowed to dine in its "private" dining room.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I believe the Reserve Collection mini-suite category (formerly Club Class) is M1. All other Mx categories are regular mini-suites. As far as Reserved Class dining goes, only M1 and full suite categories are allowed to dine in its "private" dining room.

You beat me to it!  You’re right on.  Only M1 is Reserve Class.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dallascruiser said:

Thanks you all, I was afraid I was not covered in this category for RESERVE.  I’m not happy with my TA she told me she booked me in regular balcony, and now when prices dropped a bunch I contacted her and she told me I’m in MC category.  I should know my now not to trust TA’s.

I'm confused.  "TA said you were booked in a regular balcony" and yet you are in MC (mini).

Did you ask request a balcony?  A mini?  A Reserve Class mini?  Is it too late to cancel and start again with a different TA?

I have a wonderful TA and would love to share her with everyone.  But CC prevents that from happening.  This is the reason one needs to stay on top of their bookings.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm confused.  "TA said you were booked in a regular balcony" and yet you are in MC (mini).

Did you ask request a balcony?  A mini?  A Reserve Class mini?  Is it too late to cancel and start again with a different TA?

Yep...some missing info here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have a wonderful TA and would love to share her with everyone.  But CC prevents that from happening.  This is the reason one needs to stay on top of their bookings.

I requested a balcony cabin, was quoted a price which was pretty good and she let me choose between a few cabins and that was all that happened.  When balcony’s went down in price I contacted my TA telling her the balcony reduction and she said I was in a MC level not a D4.  I then looked up MC and found it was a mini suite.  I told her I knew there weren’t any good locations left for reg balcony so I said I would stay in the mini suite.  I think she was doing a upscale.

• Thanks 1

Did your TA send you a Princess Invoice/booking?  Once you have a TA...all/most communications go through your TA and she/he should forward that information to you.

Is this the first (and last time) you will use TA?

I am sorry that the balcony cabins you want are not available now.  How far out is the cruise?  You have 90 days prior to final payment to cancel without penalty unless TA booked you with a non-refundable deposit.  Hope you end up with what you want.

4 hours ago, dallascruiser said:

I requested a balcony cabin, was quoted a price which was pretty good and she let me choose between a few cabins and that was all that happened.  When balcony’s went down in price I contacted my TA telling her the balcony reduction and she said I was in a MC level not a D4.  I then looked up MC and found it was a mini suite.  I told her I knew there weren’t any good locations left for reg balcony so I said I would stay in the mini suite.  I think she was doing a upscale.

I think you need to communicate with your TA better. It sounds like she got you a mini suite for the same price as a regular balcony cabin. Do you want a reserve cabin or are you just wondering if it qualifies as a reserve category? The final question is are you happy with what you have?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

@dallascruiser you booked a regular balcony, wound up in a mini-suite, and the complaint is?? The mini-suite is larger than the balcony. Isn't larger better?

Of course it is but she sold me a mini suite and didn’t tell me which was more $$.  She did a upsale on me and I will never use her again…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I think you need to communicate with your TA better. It sounds like she got you a mini suite for the same price as a regular balcony cabin. Do you want a reserve cabin or are you just wondering if it qualifies as a reserve category? The final question is are you happy with what you have?

Mini suite was higher in price I requested a balcony cabin.  I did communicate well with TA I’ve been in over 40 cruises, but I’ll never use this TA again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when the balcony price dropped, she moved you to a MC cat mini for the same price as you originally paid for the balcony, not the reduced price.  If she had 'refared' or even 'rebooked' the balcony cabin you had, her commission would have decreased.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

You beat me to it!  You’re right on.  Only M1 is Reserve Class.

M6 is also Reserve Class.  On the Regal those are the forward cabins with the huge balconys.  The M1 Reserve Class are more mid ship. M6 is cheaper than M1, but still Reserve Class.

Edited by DebJ14