Princess cruises website

jamesbauer

I am wondering if anyone else is getting as frustrated as I am, trying to use the Princess website. For starters, logons are rejected multiple consecutive times, supposedly for logon ID or password problems, when the logon ID and password are correct. Then it says, if they are correct, it might be a technical difficulty, try again later. What kind of response is that? And I have been experiencing this for four days. Note: I was a manager in the computer industry and I would have been fired if I could not do better than that.

Once you are fortunate enough to break through (after many, many attempts, I might add) you run into a situation where the system kicks you off after a certain period of time. This is most frustrating when attempting to learn about, and book excursions for an upcoming cruise.

How can a company expect to stay in business if it makes it so difficult for its' customers to purchase the product?

Perhaps Princess wants to do away with the website and make users use the 'buggy' Medallion app?

I am a long-time Princess customer (Elite category) but I am very frustrated with their approach to customer service (yes, an operational website is customer service - if you don't believe me, check out Amazon.com).  There are many other excellent cruise lines; I need to find one that does not make me work so hard to purchase their product.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm having login difficulties, too.  Also when I clicked on my Fall NE cruise, to fill in some info, it took me to my April TA cruise on the Regal.  I made sure I was on the right booking but it kept coming up with the Regal info.  Definitely frustrating, I'll try again later.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I have never experienced any of the issues described.  The Website always works perfectly for me.  The app is a different matter altogether.

Curious what browser you are using?  I use Chrome.

• Like 2

I can sign in under my account but it rejects my husband's log in credentials, even though I know they are correct.  My biggest frustration is that for months and months, I can't view any of my saved cruises.  I get "We Apologize for the Inconvenience.  We were not able to continue to the next step. Please try again or revisit us later this evening."  So if I want to check prices or airfare or cabin availability, I have to search for the cruise every time.  Very annoying.

• Like 1

One thing I have found to make websites work better in general is the use the private browser. That way any cookies you have will not affect the behavior of the site. I was trying to login to a medical records portal and I kept getting rejected. Then I tried in the private browser and I got in on the first shot. Also if you use a VPN, that causes a lot of issues logging in. Not sure if any of that helps but worth a try. 

5 hours ago, susancruzs said:

I use Chrome and still can't sign in, just tried a minute or so ago.

I logged in successfully a minute ago using Firefox.

You might want to consider using a browser that does not have as its sole purpose collecting user data. 😉

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

Some of you may remember I started a thread asking about the very same issues. It is still going on and I am using Chrome on windows 11. However, if I just keep pressing enter after entering my email and password, it lets me in...generally on the 5th try but sometimes as many as 10. 

Clearing cookies does not provide any relief. I have learned to just live with it as we're talking a few seconds of delay.

The thing about getting timed out and booted off (as the OP mentions) after some shifting amount of time as always been there since I started using the website. Yes, a pain in the tuckus but logging back in gets me back on track. Not going to bother to make a stink about it or find another cruise line. I have complaints about all of them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Some of you may remember I started a thread asking about the very same issues. It is still going on and I am using Chrome on windows 11. However, if I just keep pressing enter after entering my email and password, it lets me in...generally on the 5th try but sometimes as many as 10. 

Clearing cookies does not provide any relief. I have learned to just live with it as we're talking a few seconds of delay.

The thing about getting timed out and booted off (as the OP mentions) after some shifting amount of time as always been there since I started using the website. Yes, a pain in the tuckus but logging back in gets me back on track. Not going to bother to make a stink about it or find another cruise line. I have complaints about all of them. 

Have you tried using a different web browser?

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

Clear your browser history and cookies.

I had the exact same issues as the OP yesterday morning.  Was getting very frustrated since I was trying to book a cruise!  Clearing my history/cookies/cache worked for me. Not 100% sure, but not long after I did that it finally started working.  I even did an on-line chat with a PCL rep, and they seemed to be clueless about the problem or how to fix it.

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

I wonder if you are having a network latency problem?

No, I am not. I am (much) more than casually familiar with networking. 

As I said earlier in this thread, it's not worth getting all worked up over...it's a few seconds extra just pressing enter. All I wanted to know was if others were experiencing the problem and they are...

I trust the issue will just disappear as mysteriously as it appeared...lol.

• Like 2

This is a problem for me also. I can "clear" it by deleting Princess cookies and web cache, but that shouldn't be required. Modern browsers are enforcing more and more security around typical exploit vectors. I've seen these cause issues, particularly in Firefox. The intermittent nature of this and the cookie/cache resolution makes me think they have a bad server or two in their auth server pool that is not doing the right thing with regard to certificates and authentication.

All in all a very annoying situation, but if you encounter it, you can "fix" it by deleting the Princess cookie and clearing cache.

I was able to get in today, but it's still been on and off, not consistent.  I was able to get my medallion ordered plus booked the time I wanted for dining for my NE cruise in October. 

Did the same for April Regal TA plus following cruise.  Oddly enough they linked my 2 cruises, which was a surprise.  To get a certain cabin, booked separate. A work around to get a midship obs. balcony cabin, which were listed as guarantees.