Photos from Crystal Serenity’s cruise out of Venice for Media and TAs

Stickman1990

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Breakfast.  As I see photos I think back to all those memorable discussions that new owners meant major changes to the product. These photos say that was incorrect.

Including Reflections which still looks like it was printed by a mimeograph machine from the 1960s.  Well, at least they're not forcing us to look at it on our phones.

8 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Including Reflections which still looks like it was printed by a mimeograph machine from the 1960s.  Well, at least they're not forcing us to look at it on our phones.

It's interesting how people see the same thing through totally different lenses. I had already commented to someone that I was so pleased to see certain "little" things unchanged, including Reflections, the menu layout at Waterside, the same uniforms on the deck crew, etc.

Patty

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

I was actually surprised to see it on hard copy.

On the former Crystal Endeavor it was all on the iPad. Took a day to get used to that and found it to work very well.  

I am with Patty.It is another reminder of many things are wha they were.  T

I never thought it looked cheap. In fact printed on pretty expensive paper IMHO.  Not sure if you've ever seen the copier but it is quite impressive.

So it goes.

Keith 

45 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I wanted to add a few comments about the new lounge.

It will also be used for people to go to before tours and debarkation. This will be easier for people than gong to Stardust as it puts them closer to the buses and the tender landing and when they debark the ship when the cruise ends.

Keith

Great!

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I was actually surprised to see it on hard copy.

On the former Crystal Endeavor it was all on the iPad. Took a day to get used to that and found it to work very well.  

I am with Patty.It is another reminder of many things are wha they were.  T

I never thought it looked cheap. In fact printed on pretty expensive paper IMHO.  Not sure if you've ever seen the copier but it is quite impressive.

So it goes.

Keith 

I am with Patty, too. I prefer the printed version of Reflections on paper. 

58 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I wanted to add a few comments about the new lounge.

It will also be used for people to go to before tours and debarkation. This will be easier for people than gong to Stardust as it puts them closer to the buses and the tender landing and when they debark the ship when the cruise ends.

Keith

I will reserve judgement until we see the space in person in six weeks, but I find the pictures of The Lounge a little underwhelming.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

I will reserve judgement until we see the space in person in six weeks, but I find the pictures of The Lounge a little underwhelming.

Interestingly, one poster said this area was still receiving finishing touches when they boarded.

I especially found that interesting, b/c so many ships out of a big dry dock seem to have some unfinished areas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, May B said:

Interestingly, one poster said this area was still receiving finishing touches when they boarded.

I especially found that interesting, b/c so many ships out of a big dry dock seem to have some unfinished areas.

Muriel that room is essentially complete but there is still some things in progress. This is why they call it a shake down cruise.  🙂

On a related note when Serenity first came out for those who remember some on this board said they didn't like the color scheme.  My view was simple. I am not buying the place and I am sure there are people who don't like how we dress or the color scheme of our own home.  🙂

Me I am happy to cruise.

Keith 

• Like 4

I've been looking at the photos of The Lounge," and trying to figure out why they don't sit quite right with me.  Then it came to me: it reminds me of any conference room I spent far too much time in listening to a presentation about the latest corporate strategy/policy/whatever my company decided was the next key to success.  Don't need that flashback.

OTOH, now that we're seeing photos that aren't professionally done and brochure ready, I still think Crystal has done an exceptionally good job in renewing the public spaces, including some that were very much in need of it.  The strong contrast of the colors used in say, the Osteria vs Umi Uma vs the Bistro pleasantly adds to the sense of each unique space.

I even like the carpeting.    

• Like 1

Lets all remember that in all places and particularly new or newly setup areas adjustments will be made based upon usage and helpful comments people will make.  The crew and staff have always been willing to listen to cruisers

• Like 2

I wonder if they'll be showing off the ocean view ("steerage") cabins during this sailing. It seems pretty clear that the TAs weren't placed in those cabins, but I'm curious to know what 11 sweet days in November will look like for me! (not that I am ever really in my cabin, but still) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

I wonder if they'll be showing off the ocean view ("steerage") cabins during this sailing. It seems pretty clear that the TAs weren't placed in those cabins, but I'm curious to know what 11 sweet days in November will look like for me! (not that I am ever really in my cabin, but still) 

I'm sure there will be photos/videos come Monday when the paying customers board!!

Patty

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

So I assume there's going to be a model of Serenity on Symphony.

Ha Ha! I caught that too! What's going on here? Why is there a model of Symphony on Serenity?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

What room on Serenity are you interested in seeing?

I will try to take photos of that category when I am on board but simpler for me if you give me room number.

Keith