Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Had breakfast in the MDR this morning on Wonder. Asked for half and half, was brought half and half; no questions asked. 

Yes, but were you on the president's cruise?  You must always state that to ensure you get the proper attention.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, dpostman said:

I would just like to clarify that it does in fact exist elsewhere.

Here in Canada, it is generally called Coffee Cream and is 18%. Has a longer BB date that regular milk but must remain refrigerated.  And I suspect other countries also have it.

image.png.7568a50f74050616f955a97fa142f3d5.png

Whipping Cream (Full Cream) is 35%

Cereal Cream is 10%

Light Cream 5%

But I drink black coffee.

dp

Interesting... In Western Canada half and half is 10% and 18% is know as coffee cream which is richer than half and half.  Heavy cream is known as Whipping cream. at least that is my memory of it.

https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/pickup/rsid/1982/product/dairyland-creamo-10-half-&-half-00068700100444

https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/pickup/rsid/1982/product/dairyland-cream-18-mf-00068700103636

9 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

Interesting... In Western Canada half and half is 10% and 18% is know as coffee cream which is richer than half and half.  Heavy cream is known as Whipping cream. at least that is my memory of it.

https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/pickup/rsid/1982/product/dairyland-creamo-10-half-&-half-00068700100444

https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/pickup/rsid/1982/product/dairyland-cream-18-mf-00068700103636

You are in fact probably right about the Half & Half being 10%.  We call it cereal cream and I don't recall seeing the label Half & Half around here, so I had always assumed it was the 18% since it is roughly half of 35%.

image.png.575589995a0138852c80639ac427ea9e.png

When looking for the above cereal creme (10%). I also found this one below,  you were right about Half & half being 10%,

image.png.467b30ad8357d80f4aa0e40ccc078d52.png

Your memory is perfectly fine 😉

dp

• Like 2

Hilarious!  Its called "Marketing" and companies, including RCI, lie through their teeth.  RCI caters to "bottom feeders" so they know that no one will sue over "marketing" transgressions.  In thee olden days we started sailing with RCI.  Good ships then, and good crews.  Today RCI doesn't care about legacy passengers.  It all about enticing newbies to make one cruise, and get their money.  Much harder to pull the wool over an experienced cruiser...  Haven't cruised RCI in a decade or so - last time was horrible with dining in the MDR being so loud you could not hear the person next to you. then ad in bad food and service.  Spouse's friends have enticed her back onboard a TA this Fall and, ugh, I'm going.  Intend to spend my time reading in the overpriced cabin.  RCI has definitely destroyed the concept of elegant cruising.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, edrussell said:

Yes, but were you on the president's cruise?  You must always state that to ensure you get the proper attention.  

We were on one once - years ago.  Had been complimentary upgraded to the biggest suite and remember that the crew constantly reminded us that the next "guest" was important and not to touch anything...  I'm sure El Presidente will have little or no connection with day-to-day activities or experience anything like a "normal" guest.  His suite will be cleaned 4-times a day!

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, HBE4 said:

You butter believe it!

On 7/27/2023 at 6:30 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

So it looks like you heard the rumors about the butter on RC ships. 

Forgot about our posts.

Looking back, I am so glad to see you decided not to spread the rumors about the butter.

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Forgot about our posts.

Looking back, I am so glad to see you decided not to spread the rumors about the butter.

I did refrain from posting because "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter".

But then again, does anyone really know? Even the greats can't tell the difference.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 2

I noticed this on my last RC cruise last November.  I saw milk but no cream. 🙄 I asked and for it and they told me that they were out of it the half&half.  Disappointing but I got over it and went to one of the many bars and had a vodka & tonic instead. What the heck, it's 5:00PM somewhere. 😄 Cheers!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/25/2023 at 11:54 AM, BecciBoo said:

If it has even a smidgeon of "crab" in it, it can be labeled a crab cake...just sayin.  I like more crispy and bigger lumps of real crab, but I'll eat theirs any day...I love crab cake.  Unless you stood around inspecting the production line on crab cakes, you cannot make that definitive statement and be taken seriously.  In fact, I'm going to ask that question of the Head waiter in MDR next month, I'll report back on how much "crab" is in them.😉

Haha this one would make me wonder. Fish ( not shell fish but fish with scales) make me very sick to my stomach. I can eat real crab but if it's the fake stuff made with fish as a filler I'd know in 30 minutes🤢🥵

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Dave's not here.   And who is hathy?  

Pat, I have no idea. Posting incognito. 😁 My CC account is all screwed up. Lost all my post counts and fat fingered my user name when resubmitting(joined CC February 2001). I paid my dues to sing the blues, but it don't come easy. Working with the CC to try and get it all straighten out. Maybe? I'm now again (reborn) CC newbie. Now the song, Like a Virgin is now stuck in my head. 😂

Edited by davehathy
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, SailorMarg said:

Please know that I realize the “lie” within this post might seem trivial, but I am making the post anyway.  Mostly because at some point I begin to feel like Royal Caribbean, as a company, has developed a culture of creating an illusion of good intent and good value when what they are actually doing is making cut after cut without being honest and up front about it. They are decreasing the value while trying to hide the decrease from their customers. So, my example may seem trivial, but it is a clear example of my point…Royal Caribbean putting a shiny cheap cover up over a degrading product.  Case in point… I am currently on the President’s Cruise and went to get a cup of coffee at Cafe Promenade last night.  There were two containers at the coffee prep area one marked milk and one marked half and half. Knowing this subject is one of interest I tested both for what they contained.  They contained an identical product, milk.  I have read this same thing from others who has found the same thing over the past year.  So I do not believe this to be an isolated incident. Royal Caribbean, if you’re only going to provide milk and not half and half then do not lie to your customers about offering half and half as an option.  It is insulting and speaks to lack of honesty and integrity.  It makes one question what else you are not being honest about.  What other short cuts are you taking and purposely misleading your customers about?  Whereas I can accept changes and cuts as Royal tries to turn around a bad financial situation, I can not accept being lied to along the way.  If you’re going to remove a product, remove the product.  But don’t lie about it and intentionally mislead your customers.  Again, I know the “lie” might seem trivial.  My post is to speak to the greater idea that once a dog kills a chicken, it can not be trusted around chickens.  Once I am purposely misled, I then question everything.

We were also on this cruise and it wasn’t the experience we had; in fact just the opposite.

We ate breakfast 5 times in Solarium and 2 times in Windjammer. I drink my coffee black while my wife adds milk and the blue stuff as I call the sweetener. One morning at Solarium as I was getting our coffee, both pitchers looked to contain cream (I go through a lot of mugs making sure I get the right still😄). I mentioned it to staff and they ran back into kitchen and came out with same color pitcher but with milk. They apologized profusely. Same thing happened in WJ two days later. 

Perhaps I had better luck in my experiences/outcomes. They absolutely need to mark the Pitchers differently than black and orange bases on a stainless pitcher. That would be helpful in many ways.  

Dan

Dan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Twin Dad said:

They absolutely need to mark the Pitchers differently than black and orange bases on a stainless pitcher. That would be helpful in many ways.  

Dan

Dan

The pitcher with the pale blue thumb handle clearly says “skim” on it for skimmed milk.  I just look for the blue one.