Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

33 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't hold your breath, but we might get a more detailed explanation of the impact on Standard fare guests this afternoon.  I suspect a lot of cheerleading over the benefit for Plus & Premier guests.

waiting to hear more of a detailed description from Carmen Roig before getting worked up. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CalTexCruiser said:

I'm confused. Can someone boil this down for me like I'm a 5 year old?

Standard Fare guests are going to be reaching into their pockets more in order to subsidize the things the Plus & Premier get for free.  Things we all used to get for free.

• Like 16

Only 2 casual dining on plus so that means you potentially would have to pay for Gigis/Alfredos even with a package.

For someone who travels on longer voyage cruises and has elite perks those packages don’t often work out in our favor.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Which brings me to the hopeful thought that Alfredos / Gigi will still remain free

But you can go into that location now and order a Appetizer, a Main dish, and a Dessert.  How will they still offer that for free and at the same time have a 3-course "bundle" for a fee?  "Hey, you Steerage guest - er I mean Standard Fare person - if you want free pizza, it's up on the Lido deck."

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, c-boy said:

waiting to hear more of a detailed description from Carmen Roig before getting worked up. 

Although - as you have seen - the full Press Release lays it out in good detail. 

Plus and Premier carry on as before, but Standard cost goes up for certain if you were a user of Alfredo's/Gigi's, the drink delivery to where seated, room service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did the math for standard fare goers. For myself at least, when I take the plus package cost for a 7 day cruise, and deduct the cost of wifi (elite 50% off), and crew gratitudes, it DOESN'T pay. The final cost leaves me with $266 for money I would have never touched, as don't drink alcohol, soda or mocktales. making standard fare the way to go for me, as I tag on my Wi-Fi and gratuities à la carte. I will be very sad if they decide to start charging for Alfredo's / Gigi's I think it's an abomination. 🤣😩😢

Can we please say, it's time for JP to go!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

So basically, if some of us are interpreting this correctly, Plus and Premier passengers continue to get exactly what they're getting at the moment (but probably with a related price-hike at some point) and standard passengers are losing several of the "perks" that Princess have been very vocal about publicising (no RS charges / ship-wide delivery / wider inclusive food choices). Can't wait till the debate about whether the changes apply to "old plus/premier" or just "new plus/premier" gets started. 

We're sailing in September and were planning on buying a couple of FCDs, but now I'm not so sure. 

• Like 11

I am now seeing more clarity with the announcement two weeks ago about Green and Blue lanes at cruise terminals and no mention of priority lanes.  They are creating a situation to make Plus/Premier the only way to go as they will be jumping over everyone else at the terminals (an interpretation of PCL wording).  

If PCL can get more and more guests into booking Plus/Premier, it will become habitual and then, like the frog in the water, they will hike the pricing each year and guests will not give it up.  Hype the value and all the inclusions today, and then get the price they really want tomorrow.  Hope it is good for the stock at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Although - as you have seen - the full Press Release lays it out in good detail. 

Plus and Premier carry on as before, but Standard cost goes up for certain if you were a user of Alfredo's/Gigi's, the drink delivery to where seated, room service.

Also note that Plus folks get 2 prix fixe meals *per voyage*...Premier get unlimited...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But you can go into that location now and order a Appetizer, a Main dish, and a Dessert.  How will they still offer that for free and at the same time have a 3-course "bundle" for a fee?  "Hey, you Steerage guest - er I mean Standard Fare person - if you want free pizza, it's up on the Lido deck."

You're quote on the bottom actually had me rolling on the floor. My dad says that all the time and says we've become steerage people. 😂

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes, the most people don't get a full three course meal some people just go for the pizza and it said prefix so that's why I interpreted the way I did

And Alfredo’s is just pizza, whereas Gigi’s has more courses.  Wonder is Alfredo’s will add more choices to menu.

Or, how about Alfredo’s by Gigi?

Sad 😞.  Again, it’s all about the money.

• Like 1

For those on standard fare:

14.99 to activate remote ordering on app

5.00 room service charge

These charges are starting to get a bit absurd.

They add the medallion features then start charging for them.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

And Alfredo’s is just pizza, whereas Gigi’s has more courses.  Wonder is Alfredo’s will add more choices to menu.

Actually the menus are identical however at Gigi's at least on Enchanted they had a small section where you can pay an upcharge for certain pizzas for example one that has truffles.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Also note that Plus folks get 2 prix fixe meals *per voyage*...Premier get unlimited...

And the "per voyage" benefits are real stupid and unfair IMO.  A guest on a 5/6/7 night voyage gets the same as a guest on 14/16/22 or more voyage (physical voyages - not B2B's).  

• Like 7

Just now, ldtr said:

5.00 room service charge

Wait till they start charging you to use your medallion to unlock your room. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thought they had same menus and just a name change.  Have not been on a new ship with Gigi's.  Also, Alfredo's has some App's and Dessert(s), so what's the difference?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Isn’t it the other way around? We have only been to Gigi’s once, but they didn’t have the pasta dishes that Alfredo’s has. 

Just now, sunviking90 said:

Isn’t it the other way around? We have only been to Gigi’s once, but they didn’t have the pasta dishes that Alfredo’s has. 

It's there. The only difference I've seen between Gigi's and Alfredo's is instead of calling my favorite di'margo salad at Alfredo's they call it something else at Gigi's but it's the same identical dish.

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

5.00 room service charge

Hehehehh GIF - Sneaky Hehe Scheming GIFs

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am now seeing more clarity with the announcement two weeks ago about Green and Blue lanes at cruise terminals and no mention of priority lanes.  They are creating a situation to make Plus/Premier the only way to go as they will be jumping over everyone else at the terminals (an interpretation of PCL wording).  

If PCL can get more and more guests into booking Plus/Premier, it will become habitual and then, like the frog in the water, they will hike the pricing each year and guests will not give it up.  Hype the value and all the inclusions today, and then get the price they really want tomorrow.  Hope it is good for the stock at least.

Well, this frog cannot do the beverage package.  I’d drown.

Hey, I think this is the continual push

for an all inclusive cruise experience.

Not everyone drinks or can drink that much to make it worth it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Actually the menus are identical however at Gigi's at least on Enchanted they had a small section where you can pay an upcharge for certain pizzas for example one that has truffles.

I thought the last Alfredo’s was pizza only?  No salad, pasta etc.

Maybe all the same menu now?