Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, this frog cannot do the beverage package.  I’d drown.

Hey, I think this is the continual push

for an all inclusive cruise experience.

Not everyone drinks or can drink that much to make it worth it.

We would never go to an AI resort for the value reason you mention.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I thought the last Alfredo’s was pizza only?  No salad, pasta etc.

Maybe all the same menu now?  

Oh you know what it is On the older ships prior to the Royal class they strictly only do pizza. That's where the confusion may be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, this frog cannot do the beverage package.  I’d drown.

Hey, I think this is the continual push

for an all inclusive cruise experience.

Not everyone drinks or can drink that much to make it worth it.

Totally agree! Besides that I can't do but I'm sure there's plenty of diabetics who can't have those premium overly sweet desserts, and plenty of people like me who care to never walk in the gym let alone use it. 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Isn’t it the other way around? We have only been to Gigi’s once, but they didn’t have the pasta dishes that Alfredo’s has. 

You’re right!  I’m backwards today, talking about all the drinks that I have to consume.  😳

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martha1974 said:

So basically, if some of us are interpreting this correctly, Plus and Premier passengers continue to get exactly what they're getting at the moment (but probably with a related price-hike at some point) and standard passengers are losing several of the "perks" that Princess have been very vocal about publicising (no RS charges / ship-wide delivery / wider inclusive food choices). Can't wait till the debate about whether the changes apply to "old plus/premier" or just "new plus/premier" gets started. 

We're sailing in September and were planning on buying a couple of FCDs, but now I'm not so sure. 

Just got off of a cruise last week. First time I had not purchased any new FCDs.

We usually have 5 to 6 Princess cruises booked at any time. At this point only 2 booked with none  after Feb. Largely because of more attractive itineraries on other lines.

We had considered some of the features of the app to be a big plus for sailing on Princess. However the new charges are reducing that value.

Waiting for them to start charging for activating the locate other members of your travel party feature.

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Oh you know what it is On the older ships prior to the Royal class they strictly only do pizza. That's where the confusion may be. 

Oh, that clears it up. We’ve only been to Alfredo’s on Royal Class ships and my go to was antipasto, salad, and veal ravioli, when I didn’t feel like pizza. I asked at Gigis on the Discovery for the pasta dish when I didn’t see it on the menu and was told they don’t have it.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

Is this a bad time to ask when will they start to update and add on more benefits for the loyalty ranks?!?! I mean if we're going to talk about where we're slacking ...

Maybe we can trade our mini bar for 2 meals at Alfredo’s 😀 

• Haha 11

Will they grandfather it, after all when we booked we were able to use Alfredo's as much as we wanted, always assuming that it is no longer going to have any free options.

No room in Vines to enjoy a glass of wine if people are using it as a restaurant.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And the "per voyage" benefits are real stupid and unfair IMO.  A guest on a 5/6/7 night voyage gets the same as a guest on 14/16/22 or more voyage (physical voyages - not B2B's).  

Totally agree...that's actually what I meant...seems real stupid...

But I guess anything to differentiate the packages is the marketing angle...ugh... 

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Although - as you have seen - the full Press Release lays it out in good detail. 

Plus and Premier carry on as before, but Standard cost goes up for certain if you were a user of Alfredo's/Gigi's, the drink delivery to where seated, room service.

So on the App and room service they charge for Alfredo’s/Gigi’s?

Are they now charging for RS for everyone or just frogs, I mean steerage?

In person, no fee?  

Maybe we need to pause too. 😩

Lots of changes in August. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Is this a bad time to ask when will they start to update and add on more benefits for the loyalty ranks?!?! I mean if we're going to talk about where we're slacking ...

Looks like Premier buyers will get the Elite/platinum/suite expedited boarding benefit as well with the changes.

38 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I'm confused. Can someone boil this down for me like I'm a 5 year old?

Sure. Anything that makes a provider a TON of money is accompanied by a HARD SELL. 

With each new "see what you get now" announcement, it's a clear indication that Princess has decided Plus and Premier are truly CASH COWS that must be promoted to the hilt. 

Got it now? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Will they grandfather it, after all when we booked we were able to use Alfredo's as much as we wanted, always assuming that it is no longer going to have any free options.

No room in Vines to enjoy a glass of wine if people are using it as a restaurant.

I love your thinking! You make a very good and valid point. Unfortunately I highly doubt that. I'm actually more shocked that they have it made people pay the difference who purchased the plus and premier package way before the price increase as they are different perks from the old to the new packages.

8 minutes ago, rosevew said:

That would be nice, but much too complex as people often book cruises very far out. More that 2 weeks notice would have been nice though. 

6 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Looks like Premier buyers will get the Elite/platinum/suite expedited boarding benefit as well with the changes.

Will they be in front of us? So that should be most of the ship with priority boarding.

4 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Sure. Anything that makes a provider a TON of money is accompanied by a HARD SELL. 

With each new "see what you get now" announcement, it's a clear indication that Princess has decided Plus and Premier are truly CASH COWS that must be promoted to the hilt. 

Got it now? 

You nailed it.  And for a longer cruise, like a TA, it really sucks your money.

20 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

That’s it.  The Royal ships had a bigger menu.  The older ships, just pizza.

Anyway, doesn’t matter anymore.

• Like 1

24 days cruise yet only 2 x fixed prix option, same as a 5 day cruise! The website states that certain elements are free, such as room service and Ocean now delivery so if thta's what people have believed when theey booked, how can they change it?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

54 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Essentially, if you pay for Princess Premier, you get NOTHING more than you had before.

If you pay for Princess Plus, you are now limited to free casual dining at Alfredo’s twice, so you get LESS than what you had before.

If you are Princess Standard, you now have to pay a one time/voyage fee of $15 to get food or drinks delivered to wherever you are, a $5 delivery fee each time for room service, $15 each time for casual dining. 

That is insane considering they just increased their package rates, internet rates, and gratuities not long ago. 

• Like 17