A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

All of my cruises were booked in 2023 and no one that I am aware of has been grandfathered in that booked prior to December 14th.  If you want the new Plus 60 you will have to pay the difference.

Unsure why you answered to the above as that post was in reply to @SDWalt  post #35.

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Providing you didn’t book the Plus package prior to 14th Dec 22.

We were re-fare July 11 and therefore we got the new perks as stated however, we are on a B2B cruise, so does that mean we get 4 causal dining meals per person?

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:
22 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Nope, suites pay. I just got an email from my CVP which stated I pay in a full suite for delivery too.

Ticky-tacky.  And I don't book Suites.

I have Princess Plus, so no impact on me, but the notion of charging suites for room service is absolutely nuts given the super high prices of those rooms and the relative (to other cruise lines) lack of top cabin amenities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

I have Princess Plus, so no impact on me, but the notion of charging suites for room service is absolutely nuts given the super high prices of those rooms and the relative (to other cruise lines) lack of top cabin amenities.

I was really surprised.  Because RS is a great benefit for suites to order off the MDR menu, so you can enjoy it in your suite.

Not everyone buy the beverage package in a suite.  So, I would initiate the Ocean Now one time fee $14.99 and use the App or TV to order RS, instead of the phone.  I would also complain to the concierge, if you have one or GS, that this is very tacky on Princess’s part.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I was really surprised.  Because RS is a great benefit for suites to order off the MDR menu, so you can enjoy it in your suite.

Not everyone buy the beverage package in a suite.  So, I would initiate the Ocean Now one time fee $14.99 and use the App or TV to order RS, instead of the phone.  I would also complain to the concierge, if you have one or GS, that this is very tacky on Princess’s part.

Agreed. I really hope that changes. Especially on Royal class ships there is no reason (for us) to pay extra for plus.  Ordering MDR has to be done over the phone and it is still listed as a benefit of the suite. How can they charge me for using an included benefit?  Makes no sense. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, killineybay said:

I have the old premier package booked for an upcoming cruise. Final payment in December. Rather than pay $200 to upgrade for both of us, could I switch to the new plus package instead?

You would have to re-fare your booking.  Whether you can do a simple re-fare or have to cancel and re-book is a question for your TA or Princess rep.  Generally, if the Fare Code you are booked under no longer exists as active, you will have to cancel and re-book.  In that case you have to consider what you lose/gain in cruise fare cost, OBC, and need to preserve any EZ-Air booking.

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You would have to re-fare your booking.  Whether you can do a simple re-fare or have to cancel and re-book is a question for your TA or Princess rep.  Generally, if the Fare Code you are booked under no longer exists as active, you will have to cancel and re-book.  In that case you have to consider what you lose/gain in cruise fare cost, OBC, and need to preserve any EZ-Air booking.

‘Thank you.  I didn’t know that.  I will leave the booking alone as it is for the eclipse cruise in April and decide later if I want to upgrade.

20 hours ago, wintrev said:

Unfortunately living as far away as we do from America in the land down under we don't get the privilege of having the medallion sent to us. We have to pick them up at the port. 

I wouldn’t be too upset about it. Ours were shipped to us and both of them needed to be replaced within 24 hours after we boarded the ship because the batteries were dying and they wouldn’t open our cabin door. The Guest Services associate looked and saw that they had been shipped exactly two weeks prior to the start of our cruise. She then said there was no way they would have lasted the full two weeks of our cruise. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Agreed. I really hope that changes. Especially on Royal class ships there is no reason (for us) to pay extra for plus.  Ordering MDR has to be done over the phone and it is still listed as a benefit of the suite. How can they charge me for using an included benefit?  Makes no sense. 

I said it in the other thread- I won’t believe this CVP until someone who has sailed in a suite, under these new changes, comes back and reports in. It doesn’t make any sense at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killineybay said:

‘Thank you.  I didn’t know that.  I will leave the booking alone as it is for the eclipse cruise in April and decide later if I want to upgrade.

As that cruise has been sold out for quite a while I wouldn't mess with it. We are also booked with the "old" Plus 50 package. When we booked the perquisites were better than they have suddenly become but, even if I could simply upgrade the package I wouldn't do so. (Sorry, just had to use the actual word "perquisites" as pretty much nobody ever does these days. 🙃)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

As that cruise has been sold out for quite a while I wouldn't mess with it. We are also booked with the "old" Plus 50 package. When we booked the perquisites were better than they have suddenly become but, even if I could simply upgrade the package I wouldn't do so. (Sorry, just had to use the actual word "perquisites" as pretty much nobody ever does these days. 🙃)

I like that @Thrak. These are the new Princess Perquisities!  😂

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Agree.  I usually book plus and don’t know why we went with premier.  We booked last August.  The changes to what we booked do not sit well with us so I am leaning towards not upgrading.  We will just do without the “new benefits “ and enjoy the cruise!

• Like 1

I'm going to have to think about Princess Plus for future cruises. I'll be elite on my April 2024 cruise and generally only drink beer. If I can get 8 beers in the mini bar setup and 50% off Wi-Fi, do I really need Princess Plus?  Other than the inconvenience of going back to my cabin to grab a beer.

Edited by nasa1974
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I'm going to have to think about Princess Plus for future cruises. I'll be elite on my April 2024 cruise and generally only drink beer. If I can get 8 beers in the mini bar setup and 50% off Wi-Fi, do I really need Princess Plus?  Other than the inconvenience of going back to my cabin to grab a beer.

Make that 10 beers.  That is what I do.  And I get 10 Perrier for the other half of the mini-bar.  

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Make that 10 beers.  That is what I do.  And I get 10 Perrier for the other half of the mini-bar.  

So, can you take 5 or 6 beers to Crooners and ask the bar tender to keep them cold? 😱

Great benefit but a possible pain in the butt to walk half the ship to get a beer. 😄

1 minute ago, nasa1974 said:

So, can you take 5 or 6 beers to Crooners and ask the bar tender to keep them cold? 😱

Great benefit but a possible pain in butt to walk half the ship to get a beer. 😄

I have no idea.  I never take 5 or 6 beers anywhere on the ship.

A suggestion would be to ask for one of their buckets with ice and keep the beers yourself.  I presume they still sell buckets of beer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, killineybay said:

I have the old premier package booked for an upcoming cruise. Final payment in December. Rather than pay $200 to upgrade for both of us, could I switch to the new plus package instead?

My CVP has been able to add, remove and change my packages. It has gotten more challenging for him in the last 6-8 months. I don’t know what or how his end changed I just hear him muttering and then “I’ll work on it and send the new confirmation”. He’s been able to do it without cancelling and rebooking as I retain my original booking number. 

That said, since you are talking about the eclipse cruise I wouldn’t touch it!  I’m on that cruise too and agree with @Thrak  

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

The confusion over these new changes seen on CC is really indicative of how poorly they have communicated & implemented these changes.

Being from the UK we can’t re-fare anything. That’s another story though

So, anyone in UK already booked wishing to complain email is:

guestrelationsuk@princesscruises.co.uk

When I said I was querying the impact the new changes to packages has on our already booked cruise Live chat gave me this email address immediately. No engaging in any details. Don’t blame them really.

I’m sending a complaint because those already booked under the old packages or booked standard fare are now getting less than what they booked.

In my mind that basically changing terms and conditions, with no communication from Princess of these changes or on how that impacts us. Additionally for us they have done this with little over 3 weeks notice to our cruise on the 19th.

if I was to book now? That’s different. I can grumble, but I know what I’m getting & it is my choice if I choose a package or not under the new terms. 
and upgrading the packages? Sure, I can do that. And if I don’t I shouldn’t expect extra services like desserts, exercise classes etc. I don’t mind paying for extra. I do mind paying for things I thought I paid for already. That’s the difference.

Once I get onboard I’m going to enjoy my holiday. Hope the atmosphere on Sky is a fun one despite all the complaints I foresee onboard, And I’ll let CC know how Sky Princess first cruise under the new terms go. As well as if this complaint gets me anywhere.

Or indeed, more likely, if all the complaints from prominent vloggers, bloggers, on online forums & social media I'm reading collectively get us anywhere….

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

The confusion over these new changes seen on CC is really indicative of how poorly they have communicated & implemented these changes.

Being from the UK we can’t re-fare anything. That’s another story though

So, anyone in UK already booked wishing to complain email is:

guestrelationsuk@princesscruises.co.uk

When I said I was querying the impact the new changes to packages has on our already booked cruise Live chat gave me this email address immediately. No engaging in any details. Don’t blame them really.

I’m sending a complaint because those already booked under the old packages or booked standard fare are now getting less than what they booked.

In my mind that basically changing terms and conditions, with no communication from Princess of these changes or on how that impacts us. Additionally for us they have done this with little over 3 weeks notice to our cruise on the 19th.

if I was to book now? That’s different. I can grumble, but I know what I’m getting & it is my choice if I choose a package or not under the new terms. 
and upgrading the packages? Sure, I can do that. And if I don’t I shouldn’t expect extra services like desserts, exercise classes etc. I don’t mind paying for extra. I do mind paying for things I thought I paid for already. That’s the difference.

Once I get onboard I’m going to enjoy my holiday. Hope the atmosphere on Sky is a fun one despite all the complaints I foresee onboard, And I’ll let CC know how Sky Princess first cruise under the new terms go. As well as if this complaint gets me anywhere.

Or indeed, more likely, if all the complaints from prominent vloggers, bloggers, on online forums & social media I'm reading collectively get us anywhere….

Agree with everything you have said and I’ve already complained that Princess have changed the T&C after I have fully paid for those items. I will be one of those complaining on the ship too! I know of no other service provider that can change what you have already paid for when all those items are still available onboard their ships. It would be different if the medallions had been scrapped, or Alfredo’s didn’t exist or room service was cut, but this isn’t the case at all. Princess have just decided to move the goal posts because it suits them to try and make pax upgrade and pay more money. I don’t want desserts or fitness classes, I just want what I paid for! I can’t believe pax are willing to pay more for less e.g. now consider upgrading to new packages when the services they once had have been removed from their paid-for packages! As you stated, if you were booking now, that would be a different matter but we’re not - we were fully paid cruisers months ago!

I’ve still had no official notification from Princess either, have you?

Edited by villauk
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, villauk said:

I’ve still had no official notification from Princess either, have you?

Nothing.

Cynical me says that’s deliberate. It’s hard to spin ‘we’re now charging you for things you already paid for months ago’

What I’d like is for what we booked to be honoured. As many have mentioned on CC Princess could have made these changes for new bookings only.

when do you cruise? 

• Like 4

Just now, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Nothing.

Cynical me says that’s deliberate. It’s hard to spin ‘we’re now charging you for things you already paid for months ago’

What I’d like is for what we booked to be honoured. As many have mentioned on CC Princess could have made these changes for new bookings only.

when do you cruise? 

I’m on the same cruise as you.

1 minute ago, villauk said:

I’m on the same cruise as you.

Then here’s to a great cruise for us despite Princess nonsense! 🥂 

At least we’re forewarned I guess. Unlike many who will be stepping onboard, I’m sure of it.

I’m feeling sorry for the staff onboard tbh. Not their fault head office have stuck them with all the changes with a little over 3 weeks notice. Looks like we are the first on Sky Princess under the new terms.

I did wonder if there was a chance Sky Princess staff wouldn’t follow through with the changes due to systems not yet set up properly to implement them. Or maybe Princess HO will delay the start of the terms. Probably a hope in vain 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I did wonder if there was a chance Sky Princess staff wouldn’t follow through with the changes due to systems not yet set up properly to implement them. Or maybe Princess HO will delay the start of the terms. Probably a hope in vain 

We can hope 👍🤣.

• Haha 1

We have the newer Plus package and under packages in the Medallion app the latest benefits now appear.  The last two benefits aren’t on the Travel Summary. 

IMG_2545.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 2