HELP? Parking near Toronto airport at hotel?

burrma

I have heard there are many cars stolen near Toronto airport' any advice on what hotel is fairly safe to park  and stay that have enclosed security parking 24 hours a day?  If not, which economy parking lot is best at Toronto airport?  Thanks

6 hours ago, burrma said:

I have heard there are many cars stolen near Toronto airport' any advice on what hotel is fairly safe to park  and stay that have enclosed security parking 24 hours a day?  If not, which economy parking lot is best at Toronto airport?  Thanks

Hello @burrma

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forumHowever, your thread was off topic there. That forum is for technical assistance in using these message boards.  As stated at the top of the forum: 

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Canadian Cruisers forum where it will be on topic.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

Happy sails,

Host Kat

There are articles about this if you Google, but most are older and not current.

I know that this is probably not an option for you because your profile suggests that you are in Sarnia, but I personally would never leave my car at the airport if I did not have to.  I use a limo service but I am only 20 minutes away.

I have a friend that travels frequently for 3-7 days at a time for work and always leaves her car in the airport covered lots attached to the terminal.  Expensive, but she has had reasonable luck.  She has had damage - people backing into her and denting her doors, etc., but in general been lucky.  And not serious damage - just what I would call expected parking lot damage.  Heck, prior to pandemic when I still commuted to Toronto Downtown daily I used the GO Train out of Mississauga and never in my life had I had so much parking lot damage as in the GO Train lot daily.  That is a risk in any parking lot.

I would choose the main lot at the airport attached to the terminal that you are flying out of.  I would suggest that the security here is probably better than in the off site lots.  Also when you arrive at the airport and return, you are not chasing and waiting for shuttles - you can walk to your gate and back to your car.

You could try the hotels that have a stay and park feature.  My brother lives in London Ont and he does this often.   I will check with him and see what he suggests, however my choice if in your shoes would be the attached lots at the terminal.

The other option a friend does that lives similar distance to you is she has friends that are 20-30 minutes from the airport and she parks at their home and takes a limo to the airport.  Is that an option for you?

Been parking at Person yearly since 1995 , never had damage to our car 

Done hotel parking , Parknfly, skypark

In April we did valet parking with Parknfly , work great and the price wasn’t  that much more than the economy lot , shuttle was great 

will use them again in November 

• Like 3

We also have parked at Pearson from anywhere from 8 - 15 days and never had an issue in any of the Park'N'Fly lots. We have used all tiers of them without issue. We once did a night pre-cruise at a hotel due to an early flight where we parked the car while away and also had no issues with the vehicle (but barely slept because it was a loud and uncomfortable room so would have been better off getting up at 3:00 am and going to the airport).

• Like 1

We use 

https://reservations.torontopearson.com/TorontoBooking/?fresh_start=y&utm_source=Toronto+Pearson+Parking+Promotions&utm_campaign=f09707c199-parking-july-2023-promo-20230715&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_172d0bed9b-f09707c199-216442513

It is more  money but  we park in the Value Garage  good in winter  month

We do not have a limo service   so 2nd best option for us

Several hotels in the  airport area that have paid or  free parking if you stay a night

We have used Delta  on Dixon road in the past  Hilton  close to the airport  Cannot recall the name of the street

YMMV

For longer trips we use the Valet parking.  We can usually find discounts, especially with CAA.. But for shorter trips we sometimes use the stay and park at the Hilton. But if we owned a higher end vehicle that are known targets of car thieves, we would look for other options. Fortunately, thieves don't seem to be interested in old Volvos. Our neighbor had his brand new Lexus stolen from his hotel long term parking lot.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, burrma said:

We have always stayed at the Marriott Airport as they have underground parking & airport shuttle.  Price has gone up but sometimes worth it in the winter weather.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

We use 

https://reservations.torontopearson.com/TorontoBooking/?fresh_start=y&utm_source=Toronto+Pearson+Parking+Promotions&utm_campaign=f09707c199-parking-july-2023-promo-20230715&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_172d0bed9b-f09707c199-216442513

Several hotels in the  airport area that have paid or  free parking if you stay a night

We have used Delta  on Dixon road in the past  Hilton  close to the airport  Cannot recall the name of the street

YMMV

It would be over $500 on your next to park at Person compared to $200 at Valet Park’N fly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, If only said:

We have always stayed at the Marriott Airport as they have underground parking & airport shuttle.  Price has gone up but sometimes worth it in the winter weather.

Thanks for that advice.

11 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It would be over $500 on your next to park at Person compared to $200 at Valet Park’N fly

yeah  $405  in the garage 

DH  refuses to us  PNF    now  after  waiting in the cold  for  40 mins for the shuttle last time 

Will never leave  are car key with any parking place

It is what it is 🤔

4 hours ago, mom says said:

For longer trips we use the Valet parking.  We can usually find discounts, especially with CAA.. But for shorter trips we sometimes use the stay and park at the Hilton. But if we owned a higher end vehicle that are known targets of car thieves, we would look for other options. Fortunately, thieves don't seem to be interested in old Volvos. Our neighbor had his brand new Lexus stolen from his hotel long term parking lot.

Thanks;forgot to ask about CAA.  Yes, I know they usually go for newer and higher end cars 

12 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

3 minutes ago, burrma said:

OMG: $500 is a lot; guess I will risk it.

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

We use 

YMMV

Thanks

11 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

There are articles about this if you Google, but most are older and not current.

I know that this is probably not an option for you because your profile suggests that you are in Sarnia, but I personally would never leave my car at the airport if I did not have to.  I use a limo service but I am only 20 minutes away.

I have a friend that travels frequently for 3-7 days at a time for work and always leaves her car in the airport covered lots attached to the terminal.  Expensive, but she has had reasonable luck.  She has had damage - people backing into her and denting her doors, etc., but in general been lucky.  And not serious damage - just what I would call expected parking lot damage.  Heck, prior to pandemic when I still commuted to Toronto Downtown daily I used the GO Train out of Mississauga and never in my life had I had so much parking lot damage as in the GO Train lot daily.  That is a risk in any parking lot.

I would choose the main lot at the airport attached to the terminal that you are flying out of.  I would suggest that the security here is probably better than in the off site lots.  Also when you arrive at the airport and return, you are not chasing and waiting for shuttles - you can walk to your gate and back to your car.

You could try the hotels that have a stay and park feature.  My brother lives in London Ont and he does this often.   I will check with him and see what he suggests, however my choice if in your shoes would be the attached lots at the terminal.

The other option a friend does that lives similar distance to you is she has friends that are 20-30 minutes from the airport and she parks at their home and takes a limo to the airport.  Is that an option for you?

Thanks for your advice; If you find out where your brother stays form London; would be interested.  No friends near that area where we could leave our car.

7 minutes ago, burrma said:

Thanks for your advice; If you find out where your brother stays form London; would be interested.  No friends near that area where we could leave our car.

We are south of London & was going to park at London airport  & fly from there   then AC messed our flights  around

Thought of  still parking there  & taking a taxi to the VIA train station  then from Toronto   taking  the UP train  to Pearson 

after all that    decided  just drive to YYZ & park  at the  Value Garage   take the  LINK  train  to the Terminal less that 5 mins away

No waiting  for shuttles  no leaving the key with anyone  etc

It is pricey   at the end of the day   it is part of  the  vacation  

Then we have to drive home    so the less complications the better  

Sometimes  it is convenience over cost  😄

• Like 1

Ok... so my brother's experience with Hotels are that the Crowne Plaza had the best deals in the past for staying overnight and leaving your car in their lot.  I think that some of these hotels have sections that you are supposed to park in.

The last time he had a friend locally drive him and subsequently pick him up.  He has also just used park and fly and been happy with that.

I personally think that car theft is a possibility anywhere and that should not be the reason you don't use parking at Toronto airport.  At any given time there are likely 50,000 cars or more between all the airport onsite and offsite parking lots.  I don't think that theft is a major problem.  I think that there have been rashes of theft from time-to-time but also if you Google it now and look at the dates of these articles, they are not recent.

The option to stay in a hotel is good if your outbound flight is early morning, but if you have a 6pm or 8pm or later flight and you have to check out by 11am, then what are you going to do until your flight time?  The Toronto Airport Strip as they call it is not that exciting.

VIA and the UP is an option, again if the times all match up but the challenge is that there is not a plethora of trains between Toronto and Sarnia all day long, so this would only work if you can align all the times.

I suggest drive and park as it will be your best option.  Just ensure that you take pictures of the car garage, where you parked, where the entrance is to get back to your car in the airport... is it near the international end or the domestic end... what level of the airport terminal is the entrance, etc.  I have known people to spend 30-40 minutes trying to find their car again.

7 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I suggest drive and park as it will be your best option.  Just ensure that you take pictures of the car garage, where you parked, where the entrance is to get back to your car in the airport... is it near the international end or the domestic end... what level of the airport terminal is the entrance, etc.  I have known people to spend 30-40 minutes trying to find their car again.

Or just take a photo of where you parked.  Easy, peasy.🙂  Nothing difficult about it at all.

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

The last few times we flew out of Pearson (most recently June of this year) we parked in the Viscount lot and took the monorail Link train into the terminal.  Easy, no waiting for a shuttle.  We pre-booked on line and got a CAA discount.

You're right.  The photo above is from the Viscount lot.  The trains into the terminal from the lot stop at the lot every few minutes.  It's extremely easy.  If we decide to drive, that's what we do and we are always looking for a deal at Viscount and often get one.  At the Viscount lot, there is a grace period of one hour before and one hour after your allotted time.  

• Thanks 1

It's even easier if you have an iPhone. When you disconnect your iPhone from your car’s CarPlay or Bluetooth system and exit your vehicle, a parked car marker is dropped in the Maps app so you can easily find the way back to your car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I usually use the Valet park and fly. They have a CAA discount so it ends up not costing much more than their self-park lots. The bonus is the Valet lot shuttle comes around more often than the shuttles for their other lots. I have a booking in September for 23 days and the total cost is $236.11. 

I don't worry about anyone stealing my car. I don't think a 2011 manual, no A/C, 200k+ km Mazda 3 is a hot commodity for car thieves. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Grayce said:

I usually use the Valet park and fly. They have a CAA discount so it ends up not costing much more than their self-park lots. The bonus is the Valet lot shuttle comes around more often than the shuttles for their other lots. I have a booking in September for 23 days and the total cost is $236.11. 

I don't worry about anyone stealing my car. I don't think a 2011 manual, no A/C, 200k+ km Mazda 3 is a hot commodity for car thieves. 😆

I found the service to be a good value