Murano no longer serving lobster?

a1betpr

My wife and I are going on our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox, having cruised 15 or so times on NCL and Princess.  We are in the Retreat so we plan to eat most meals in Luminae but we were looking at having dinner in Murano for the tableside lobster.  Today I received the pre-cruise email from the Retreat Concierge and the menu for Murano has the lobster removed - you can actually see the blank space where the lobster was listed.  Can any recent cruisers confirm this?  We'll ask the concierge when we call later this week but I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience. 

Murano Menu.pdf

• Like 2

It's showing as being there on tonight's Equinox Murano menu on the app.  And the next cruise.  Those are all I checked.  I'm hoping that maybe they're changing from the previous listed warm water lobster to the cold water version.  That's a daydream many of us have been hoping for.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

My wife and I are going on our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox, having cruised 15 or so times on NCL and Princess.  We are in the Retreat so we plan to eat most meals in Luminae but we were looking at having dinner in Murano for the tableside lobster.  Today I received the pre-cruise email from the Retreat Concierge and the menu for Murano has the lobster removed - you can actually see the blank space where the lobster was listed.  Can any recent cruisers confirm this?  We'll ask the concierge when we call later this week but I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience. 

Murano Menu.pdf 617.8 kB · 29 downloads

We were on the July 30th sailing of the Equinox & had lobster at Murano. Hopefully they have not removed it. And yes, it was delicious! 

11 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

It's showing as being there on tonight's Equinox Murano menu on the app.  And the next cruise.  Those are all I checked.  I'm hoping that maybe they're changing from the previous listed warm water lobster to the cold water version.  That's a daydream many of us have been hoping for.

You can do that?  I do see a generic Murano menu on my app - and it does show the lobster! - but how do you look at specific cruises?

3 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

We were on the July 30th sailing of the Equinox & had lobster at Murano. Hopefully they have not removed it. And yes, it was delicious! 

That's good to hear - thanks for your response!

I received the same menu from shoreside concierge.  At first I was worried as I love Murano lobster.  But if you look at that menu it is from 2018.  I am assuming it’s an old menu.  I am hoping it’s an old menu!  I also received an old menu for Tuscan.

Except we've been cruising and enjoying Murano's since well before 2018. I just looked at the menu the shoreside concierge sent us and it is the same as the one you posted.  Looking on the app for our Equinox cruise it is the same menu we remember from years of dining in Murano's. We'll find out in 3 weeks or so.

18 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I received the same menu from shoreside concierge.  At first I was worried as I love Murano lobster.  But if you look at that menu it is from 2018.  I am assuming it’s an old menu.  I am hoping it’s an old menu!  I also received an old menu for Tuscan.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I suppose we won’t know for sure until we board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

My MDR dinner menu only has desert.  I might gain a pound or two on this cruise.

Seems to be that is because they deleted the existing MDR menus and are rolling out the new menus with the “timeless” and regular sections combined meaning there’s only about 3-4 new options each night. 

6 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Seems to be that is because they deleted the existing MDR menus and are rolling out the new menus with the “timeless” and regular sections combined meaning there’s only about 3-4 new options each night. 

So they shrunk the menu again?  It was looking rather sparse before.

8 hours ago, a1betpr said:

You can do that?  I do see a generic Murano menu on my app - and it does show the lobster! - but how do you look at specific cruises?

To see other cruises on the app - click on the calendar app in the middle of the top of the page. Right at the bottom there is a link in blue to change ship and dates. Then click browse ships and choose ship and date. 

16 hours ago, keesar said:

On our cruise on Beyond, the Nova Scotia Lobster Casserole  on Eden's menu did not appear on the  app.  We were very concerned but it was on the menu when we cruised.  Delicious. 

I asked the MD about that.    I checked the menu on the app and it wasn't on the App Menu.   He explained that they do have it but don't have it on the menu by default as they only serve Live Lobster and if there is a supply chain issue or the sell out they do not substitute with frozen Lobster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Lobster table side is the only thing I ever order from Murano. Will keep an eye on this before buying a dining package.  

Lobster is mostly the reason  we dine in  Murano. If they take it away - will have reconsider booking Murano again.

On 8/13/2023 at 7:01 PM, a1betpr said:

Murano Menu.pdf 617.8 kB · 210 downloads

We ate in Murano on Equinox on 8/12.  I saw three table side preparations of lobster.  Our friend had it and liked it very much

Edited by MisterMet