disembark Rome cruise, fastest ever

doccide

I had arranged for Cabroma to pick us up at the port at 7am for a 1030 flite to Boston. The ship arrived @ 430am.  We carried our bags off and got in line at 615.  At 625 we were allowed to get off the ship. We carried our bags off , it took about 10 minutes to walk  to the terminal.  Our car arrived at 650 and off we went to FCO.  There was little traffic.  We arrived at FCO about 50 minutes later.  It only took 5 minutes to check our bags.  I had purchased for 7euro each the fast track pass.  The regular line thru security had about 150 people.  There were 2 people in the fast track.  We went thru security and passport check in no time.  At 810 we were sitting in the Italia sky lounge.  My recommendation is to spend the 7e for the fast track pass!

• Like 4

Thanks for posting about this.  I saw the Fast Track entry point and very few people using it.  I wondered what is was as I stood in a very very long line to get through security.  We had plenty of time but I will be purchasing that pass next time!

On 8/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, doccide said:

I had arranged for Cabroma to pick us up at the port at 7am for a 1030 flite to Boston. The ship arrived @ 430am.  We carried our bags off and got in line at 615.  At 625 we were allowed to get off the ship. We carried our bags off , it took about 10 minutes to walk  to the terminal.  Our car arrived at 650 and off we went to FCO.  There was little traffic.  We arrived at FCO about 50 minutes later.  It only took 5 minutes to check our bags.  I had purchased for 7euro each the fast track pass.  The regular line thru security had about 150 people.  There were 2 people in the fast track.  We went thru security and passport check in no time.  At 810 we were sitting in the Italia sky lounge.  My recommendation is to spend the 7e for the fast track pass!

How does one purchase the 7e fast track pass?  TIA!

2 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

You can get it right from the FCO web site, here:  QPass (whyline.com)

I pulled up the site and it asks for Last Stop.  I'm assuming it would be FCO but I didn't find it listed as a choice.  If I'm wanting to us the QPass at FCO, how would I book it?  I would be taking the train from Termini.  TIA!

13 minutes ago, Mkdvmz said:

I just googled fast pass, Fiumicino, and was taken to the site. Very quick and easy!

thank you for posting about this! 

Thanks for posting what you did.  I got my pass.  Question:  does it help to get a fast pass for arrival at FCO?  Or is it only beneficial for departure flights?  TIA!

On 8/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, doccide said:

So glad you posted this information! This eases my mind a bit! Thank you.  We have booked with CabRoma for a 7 am pickup as well for our 11 am flight and we  had gotten a fast track pass just in case. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hmcrn said:

I looked at the Fast (Q) Pass but it does not look like you can do it if your first stop is in the US?  

Do  you need to have your first stop be in Europe? 

Are you talking about the FastTrack Pass at FCO?  I was told it only works for departures and I got it for our departure from Rome.

27 minutes ago, hmcrn said:

Yes, departing FCO to the US.  I opened it to try it out, but it makes you pick a city/airport as your first stop/ destination, and there are no US ones listed?  

This is the site I used to buy Fast Pass for 7 euro/person.

https://www.romeairports.com/fiumicino_en/

The Qpass, from what I read only allows you to book 7 days before your departure from FCO.  The Qpass is free but I wanted to get the Fast Pass now.  Also the Qpass site said United State airlines are not included. I'm flying American Airlines which is one of the airlines not able to use the Qpass. I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m back to report on my FCO experience for an 11 am flight. We were a little nervous having read so many things about such a tight time frame.  But it worked fine for us and we had plenty of time!!

We were booked on flight from Rome to IAD on Sun Oct 15. We took our luggage and disembarked at 6:45 am. Our 7 am pickup with CabRoma was already waiting for us. We got to the airport around 8:15 (?) and used the kiosks to print our boarding passes/luggage tags.

Went to the United desk to check our bags and the woman asked if we would like to volunteer to give up our seats. (We were originally booked for 11 am to Newark with an arrival time of 9 pm). She said we could be on a Lufthansa flight leaving at 10:15 am and get home at 4:30 pm but we would have to walk about 7 min to another terminal. She assured us we could make the flight. They offered hefty compensation travel vouchers as well so we said yes! Win-win!

Walked to the other terminal, checked in with Lufthansa and then used our fast track pass for security (we had a printed copy with a QR code). It was a breeze and we were still at our gate by 9:15 am. Great day and we got back 4+ hours than originally planned.