The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 30th, 2023

richwmn

We have lost power twice and also Wi-Fi. Lost TV for a while even when the power came back.

i am trying to stay in touch, but it may become impossible.  

I have decided not to cook.  We are having ham and cheese sandwiches and potato salad tonight.  That was not on the original menu but it is now.  I don’t want to start something I can’t finish.

Then there’s wine.

It is raining very hard and very windy.

Stay safe everyone, especially if you are affected by Idalia.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 18

Im stopping in to read, but have to get back to work by 8, then work 2 more hours. off at 10 and then watch a midsummer murders on roku (free but has commercials)  and then go to bed.  I worked until midnight last night, got to sleep at 2, got up several times in the dark, and then woke up at 7.  too little sleep, too much stress.

the day started well though, I made a french toast casserole with leftover cinnamon bread, and baked some bacon at the same time, so I ate, and went to work.  I called my boss to move me from one campaign to another, and got no answer.   after 20 minutes, i emailed his boss, and she said she would move me, that took another 30 minutes.  she told me to let her know how long i sat there and she would pay me for it.  an hour, of sitting on my butt.  I missed scheduled call backs, and it turns out that they are making my boss cut his hours, no more overtime for them either.

and then i realized as i worked through the day, that the rest of the staff does not get on until the boss comes in, so they work 3-10, and there I was being so independent, trying to get my 8 hours in.  I can do it, if i take breaks.  And i was a morning person once, i can be again, in fact with our lives, i have to be.  DH is back for his second infusion tomorrow, and I need to see if the doc will write a letter to the court, to get me out of jury duty as there is no affidavit for caring for an sick elderly, just a child.  And then grab some lunch, and do it again.  California campaign will work the holiday weekend, and I need the money, so 5 hours on Saturday and 5 on Monday.  Sunday will be pure race day!

stays-late-at.jpg

late-night-cat.jpg

Business-Cat-comics-1825345.png

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Haha 8

@Haljo1935@grapau27

Thanks!  In order the beaches are:

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  Grief is often what we don’t talk about, yet it is life changing.   I worked with a number of students who had lost their parents,  truly the most important work I did. 

@dfish love those fish tacos!

Thanks for the port photos, Lenda, Sandi and Tony!  
I hope everyone stays safe! 
@ger_77 agree you did the right thing!  
my mom had the inner ear issue and the exercise really helped her.  

@Cruising-along hope you feel better soon! 
@Seasick Sailor what a touching story! 

Love beaches! 

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

B0255D1D-FFEB-4365-8104-84C4798EF4A8.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

Tropea, Italy, 

Elafonisi, Crete, 

Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii

Mauna Kea, the Big island of Hawaii

Montenegro

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Good evening from a a windy and stormy Tucson. I haven’t read the entire Daily yet but will later. 

My Aunt passed away this morning and like my cousin said it is a blessing. Now I just hope my Uncle can take care of himself and de-stress. It’s been really hard on him these past two years taking care of her. 

Thank you all for your prayers and thank you Vanessa for having her on the Care List. 

Have a good evening. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 17

14 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening from a a windy and stormy Tucson. I haven’t read the entire Daily yet but will later. 

My Aunt passed away this morning and like my cousin said it is a blessing. Now I just hope my Uncle can take care of himself and de-stress. It’s been really hard on him these past two years taking care of her. 

Thank you all for your prayers and thank you Vanessa for having her on the Care List. 

Have a good evening. 

Thank you, Sharon, for letting us know.  Warm thoughts and feelings to you, your DM, and your uncle.  

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We have lost power twice and also Wi-Fi. Lost TV for a while even when the power came back.

i am trying to stay in touch, but it may become impossible.  

I have decided not to cook.  We are having ham and cheese sandwiches and potato salad tonight.  That was not on the original menu but it is now.  I don’t want to start something I can’t finish.

Then there’s wine.

It is raining very hard and very windy.

Stay safe everyone, especially if you are affected by Idalia.

God Bless,

Terri

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Im stopping in to read, but have to get back to work by 8, then work 2 more hours. off at 10 and then watch a midsummer murders on roku (free but has commercials)  and then go to bed.  I worked until midnight last night, got to sleep at 2, got up several times in the dark, and then woke up at 7.  too little sleep, too much stress.

the day started well though, I made a french toast casserole with leftover cinnamon bread, and baked some bacon at the same time, so I ate, and went to work.  I called my boss to move me from one campaign to another, and got no answer.   after 20 minutes, i emailed his boss, and she said she would move me, that took another 30 minutes.  she told me to let her know how long i sat there and she would pay me for it.  an hour, of sitting on my butt.  I missed scheduled call backs, and it turns out that they are making my boss cut his hours, no more overtime for them either.

and then i realized as i worked through the day, that the rest of the staff does not get on until the boss comes in, so they work 3-10, and there I was being so independent, trying to get my 8 hours in.  I can do it, if i take breaks.  And i was a morning person once, i can be again, in fact with our lives, i have to be.  DH is back for his second infusion tomorrow, and I need to see if the doc will write a letter to the court, to get me out of jury duty as there is no affidavit for caring for an sick elderly, just a child.  And then grab some lunch, and do it again.  California campaign will work the holiday weekend, and I need the money, so 5 hours on Saturday and 5 on Monday.  Sunday will be pure race day!

stays-late-at.jpg

late-night-cat.jpg

Business-Cat-comics-1825345.png

43 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Have a good evening. 

Sharon, our condolences to you, your DM, and all the family on the passing of your aunt.  I hope your uncle can find peace, heal and take care of himself.  I'm sure the family will help and look after him.

Lenda

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Thanks Sharon for letting us know. Prayers for you, your uncle and all her loved ones. Blessing or not, it’s still difficult. May peace follow the storm, the one inside and the one outside. m—

36 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thank you, Sharon, for letting us know.  Warm thoughts and feelings to you, your DM, and your uncle.  

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sharon, our condolences to you, your DM, and all the family on the passing of your aunt.  I hope your uncle can find peace, heal and take care of himself.  I'm sure the family will help and look after him.

Lenda

Thank you all for your kind comments. I think the family is relieved that Betty is no longer suffering. I think my DM might have delayed grief since she was so close to Betty and also since there are only two siblings left out of 13.  We actually moved to Tucson from Colorado so she could be closer to her sister and lived with her until we found an apartment. That was in 1971. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Have a good evening. 

Even expected and knowing the person is at peace... it is still hard. Condolences to all the family.

Susan

• Like 14

Screenshot_20230830-120126.thumb.png.ad7790b13fe017b2a069ee5329e4d397.png

Screenshot_20230830-151428.thumb.png.c0eb6088c6d344fd17530a77b4a97ffd.png

Not pictures I took as I'm still up north, but this is what is left of the only north-south road on Manasota Key, FL after Idalia. Perhaps, more accurately, "What ISN'T left of the road."

This section of road is about two miles north of my family's winter place which fared well. The Key is about 12 miles long and now functionally cut in half. 

Manasota Key is about 250 miles south of where Idalia went ashore. Looking at this road damage, it's hard to fathom what daylight tomorrow will reveal where the worst of the damage occurred.

Stay safe everyone. Idalia isn't done yet.

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 14

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Have a good evening. 

Condolences to you Sharon,your mam,your uncle and all of your aunt's family and friends.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Have a good evening. 

Sharon, my condolences on your Aunt’s passing.  May she Rest In Peace.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 8