We board Infinity in about an hour. Let me know if you have any questions.

Stockjock

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

As mundane and uninspiring as the main dining room food is, in contrast, the buffet is excellent. I thought yesterday’s buffet food was very good, but today, the food in the buffet is outstanding.

I am half Greek, so I know good Greek food, and they have some really good Greek food and some really nice baklava. I especially enjoyed the moussaka and lamb shank with orzo. The Indian food is also on-point, and I’m sure they must have an Indian chef. 

IMG_9166.jpeg

IMG_9165.jpeg

IMG_9164.jpeg

looks great..I love moussaka and with lamb shank..orzo..  A feast!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Great window! Where are these cabins please?

Our cabin is 3114 and there is a group of them all in a row that used to be part of the conference center and as noted have a much larger window. I think there have been some separate threads on them, but there are a good number of them surrounding our cabin. If you look outside of the ship, on the third deck, and you can see the ones with the big windows on the starboard side. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, chemmo said:

So looking forward to following your adventures! We are not boarding Infinity until next September so interested as to how you find her.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:54 AM, loving goldens said:

Following Also on her september 2024...

Our three groups are on the same cruise next year and are keen on your observations and review!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

we did some disco thing and I really didn’t want to dance, but my girlfriend made me

One of the funnest and funniest dance things we have done on a cruise was one where everybody participating wears headphones and dances to the music heard through them.  The look on other shipmates' faces who don't know what is happening and only see a throng of people apparently dancing is priceless!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, tony s said:

How is the beer list for the classic beverage package? Hope they ha5a fair selection of European beers. We are on Infinity in November.  Thanks 

We have the premium package and I am not much of a beer drinker, but if I had to guess, I would guess that it’s not a very good selection included with the classic package. Having said that, remember that if you want a beer that is more expensive than the $10 limit, you pay the difference, so you probably can get what you want but you might just have to pay a few dollars more.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Having said that, remember that if you want a beer that is more expensive than the $10 limit, you pay the difference, so you probably can get what you want but you might just have to pay a few dollars more.

I believe that is only the case for mixed drinks.   I believe the beer is limited to what's available on the classic package which is pretty much low end domestic beers.  A few years ago I think the beer $ limit was like $6.  

For example it I want Sparkling Water, Red Bull or Vitamin Water and I'm on Classic package I have to pay full price even though they are less than $10.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

For example it I want Sparkling Water, Red Bull or Vitamin Water and I'm on Classic package I have to pay full price even though they are less than $10.

Those are specifically excluded from the classic package even though they’re less than $10. They beer and wine should be an up charge plus gratuity. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, markeb said:

Those are specifically excluded from the classic package even though they’re less than $10. They beer and wine should be an up charge plus gratuity. 

No first hand knowledge, just a faint memory so I could be wrong.  I'd still be surprised that Blue Moon was over $10 and that's explicitly listed on the premium list.

Edit:  Well I was wrong.  Blue Moon is $11 so I guess you can pay the difference.  Here is a good site with current prices.

https://cruisingkids.co.uk/celebrity-cruises-drink-packages-and-bar-menus-the-ultimate-guide/

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No first hand knowledge, just a faint memory so I could be wrong.  I'd still be surprised that Blue Moon was over $10 and that's explicitly listed on the premium list.

Edit:  Well I was wrong.  Blue Moon is $11 so I guess you can pay the difference.  Here is a good site with current prices.

https://cruisingkids.co.uk/celebrity-cruises-drink-packages-and-bar-menus-the-ultimate-guide/

First of all, it’s criminal that Blue Moon is $11, but I think it’s even worse at MLB ballparks. But yeah. The water etc. is less than the limit, so no option to pay the difference. 

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Our cabin is 3114 and there is a group of them all in a row that used to be part of the conference center and as noted have a much larger window. I think there have been some separate threads on them, but there are a good number of them surrounding our cabin. If you look outside of the ship, on the third deck, and you can see the ones with the big windows on the starboard side. 

Thanks very much

Such great pictures and enjoyable narration! I am especially enjoying it since I am also on the cruise. Couple of comments: I am finding the Starlink internet to be very fast and reliable...a different world from cruise ship internet from the past. Also, I am in the Retreat and am finding Luminae service great but both quality and menu choices seem lacking and sometimes just weird. Was excited to see duck on the menu last night. I asked how it was prepared and was told it came in chocolate sauce...No thank you!🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Such great pictures and enjoyable narration! I am especially enjoying it since I am also on the cruise. Couple of comments: I am finding the Starlink internet to be very fast and reliable...a different world from cruise ship internet from the past. Also, I am in the Retreat and am finding Luminae service great but both quality and menu choices seem lacking and sometimes just weird. Was excited to see duck on the menu last night. I asked how it was prepared and was told it came in chocolate sauce...No thank you!🙄

Our impression of Luminae is exactly the same as yours…No faulting the service but we do find the menu limited. The menu is not helped by the way it is described, on our first few visits we were often surprised with what was delivered. After that we would ask exactly what x, y or z was and frequently asked for sauces to be served on the side. We also found vegetables were frequently a garnish rather than a portion and got in the habit of ordering a side salad each meal.

We are planning on dining mainly in Tuscan or Sushi. Whilst we know both well from other cruises it would be nice to know what they are like on Infinity. If you visit either please comment on food and service…

• Like 2

Belated bon voyage!  I am a bit late to the party, but I just enjoyed getting caught up on your report.  Keep the great pictures coming.  What other ship was in port with you on embarkation day?  I saw her peeking into your stateroom in one of your photos.

Just a few photos from last night’s dinner. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So I had the sirloin steak for the second night in a row and I got the same mediocre result. I will say that it had less fat, but it was just a mediocre, thin, cut of meat. My girlfriend said that her seafood orzo was very good. My French onion soup was on the better side of average and her soup was average.  The chocolate lava cake was so so and had a cold, non-molten center, and I had cherries jubilee, which was the better side of “just OK”, but kind of just a sugar overload, lacking in flavor, generally.

Right now we are having lunch in the buffet and it is a French theme. While the chicken was a little bit dry, I think the food is very good, but not excellent.  I’ve also included tonight’s menus, for anyone interested.

One thing that’s unfortunate is that, so far, in my first two days, I’ve had to argue with Celebrity and ask for supervisors each day, and I really didn’t come here to fight with people.

I mentioned that we’ve had several problems with billing, shore excursions and such. I also had one this morning, where they charged something from the minibar, but then they credited it fortunately. but we booked the late 830 dining and they gave us a table and they said it was ours for the entire cruise. But last night someone else was in our seat and they told us they had instead changed us to anytime dining, which is not what I selected, and bear in mind I booked this thing more than a year ago. So we went back-and-forth with them and I asked for a manager and finally he did find us a permanent table, but initially they told us it was going to be a 40 minute wait with the pager. Now bear in mind that we showed up at 8:30 and the restaurant closes at nine so if it was a 40 minute wait that would’ve been technically after closing, so I am having to argue with these folks a little bit, but hopefully things will get better. 

It looks like it’s starting to rain a little bit, in fact, we just saw a bolt of lightning, but hopefully it will clear up by the time we get to Santorini.  Yes, it looks like the rain and thunder and lightning are definitely picking up and they are not far away.

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9206.jpeg

IMG_9203.jpeg

IMG_9204.jpeg

IMG_9208.png

IMG_9209.png

IMG_9210.png

IMG_9211.png

IMG_9212.png

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Belated bon voyage!  I am a bit late to the party, but I just enjoyed getting caught up on your report.  Keep the great pictures coming.  What other ship was in port with you on embarkation day?  I saw her peeking into your stateroom in one of your photos.

Artemis of overseas adventure travel.  I think it’s expensive, but it didn’t look all that nice from what I could tell.

Edited by Stockjock

Your steaks look like the sorry specimens I was served on Apex last December. In addition to being largely fat & gristle, mine were not cooked to my specifications. I requested medium-rare. Mine were medium-well🙄 On that b2b, it was obvious they had some staffing issues in the MDRs. I eschewed steaks for the rest of our trip. Happily, our beef choices were much better on our recent b2b aboard Apex.

Your experience being summarily moved from fixed to anytime dining is unbelievable. I would think they’d be happy to have people who prefer late seating. I hope you’ve got it sorted. This reminds of a live review by @Norwaylady during which she and her DH were changed from anytime dining to fixed! I think she was also on Infinity. I do hope the rest of your cruise is issue free!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1