Silhouette - (hopefully) a live review - 9th September Med Cruise

ladylemondrop

12 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

We are at sea today and tomorrow, heading back to Southampton. The Captain keeps mentioning ‘swell’ and ‘wind’ and ‘4 metre waves’ so I resorted to my trusty seasickness tablets and I slept like the dead. 

I started the dreaded packing this morning, just popping things into my packing cubes, they are so helpful and go into the top cupboard so nicely in the cabin. 

I have added a photo of the toiletries in case it’s useful to anyone, they are a brand called ‘Bigelow’ (never heard of it) there is shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. I brought my own antibacterial hand wash with me, and wipes, and sanitizer. We also brought a shower tidy to hang all our own products in for the shower, it has been very useful. 

We are now by the pool, and the sun has come out! Grabbing every moment we can as we know back home is going to be dark and cold. ☹️

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4242.jpeg

we love Bigelow..use it at home..( other than shampoo)  Very refreshing gel 

wish You Smooth sailing back!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

It’s really rocking and rolling now, tonight has been very quiet…. We went to dinner but couldn’t stay up afterwards. 

We had mushroom risotto, blue cheese soufflé, lobster, lamb, butter chicken. Followed by baked Alaska and lemon roulade. The star of the show was the butter chicken, really delicious. 

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4263.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s really rocking and rolling now, tonight has been very quiet…. We went to dinner but couldn’t stay up afterwards. 

We had mushroom risotto, blue cheese soufflé, lobster, lamb, butter chicken. Followed by baked Alaska and lemon roulade. The star of the show was the butter chicken, really delicious. 

Food looks good, did you dine in the MDR or a speciality restaurant?

I have enjoyed reading about your travels thanks.  🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

Food looks good, did you dine in the MDR or a speciality restaurant?

I have enjoyed reading about your travels thanks.  🙂

This was the MDR, it was Chic night so nicer menu. Lloyd is the best waiter, along with Tapas sommelier they are such a great team. 

Last day! We are still rolling and the sun has well and truly abandoned ship so we just spent the morning packing, and mooching around the ship. They have the bag and jewellery sales in the shop. They also had an ‘Egg drop’ event where people had to drop an egg from deck 5 to deck 3 using various ingenious methods! It was fun. 

The oceanview have a special lunch today, lots of beautiful cakes, shrimp, and other amazing foods in abundance! I’m amazed I can still fit any more food in but I seem to be managing somehow…

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

Edited by ladylemondrop
  • Like 6

This was the MDR, it was Chic night so nicer menu. Lloyd is the best waiter, along with Tapas sommelier they are such a great team. 

Good to know I have at least one MDR dinner to look forward to for my 13 night cruise in May on the Silhouette   😅  Thanks again for all the pictures and posts, glad you all had a good time. 🌹

• Like 1

I have so enjoyed your cruise! Perhaps because we have usually cruised as a family too…

There is something about cruising that is multigenerational….Time to spend together and apart, activities to do together and separately…

I am sure your review will have reminded many cruisers of the simple joys of being at sea and that your food pictures will have reassured many cruisers that there is good food still on Celebrity both in the MDR and in the speciality restaurants…

Sincere thanks again!

• Like 7

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.  I truly enjoyed reading you every day and am very much looking forward to our November cruise on Silhouette.  

I think everything looks wonderful,  I understand cut backs and they are all around us. We don’t usually do specialty dining but might consider it this time, after reading your review.

I think your cruise is what you make of it.

Safe travels home.

• Like 2

Thanks for all your kind comments. Last nights dinner was excellent, again, we were offered chefs specials, one appetiser (spinach parcel on cheese sauce) and entree (Chinese duck stir fry with rice) both were superb. 

The kitchen and restaurant staff all did a little parade which was great fun, nice to see them all so proud. 

We finished the evening with Martinis and music at Deck 3/4 and said our goodbyes to everyone. It’s been a great cruise and we will hopefully be back on board soon. Wishing all those who have got cruises coming up a wonderful time. Thank you for following along! 

Now we have to go home and COOK for ourselves booooooo….😁

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4292.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NaplesKnitter said:

Loved your wonderful thread on your fun cruise!  Do you happen to know what that pink drink was called at the WORL class Bar?  Your photos were great!

There were two very nice cocktails from world class bar, the tall pink one is a Celebrity Number 10, and the smaller pretty purplish one is a Violet - it was absolutely delicious. They use fresh zest and all kinds of small touches that really make a difference. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all the time you have spent updating us about your lovely cruise.   It's definitely made me feel more excited about our cruise on the 30th.  We could only book last minute as we lost our dog eight weeks ago, so it's a bitter sweet feeling for us.   Hope you have a safe journey home.    I believe the weather is supposed to buck up a little next week, so hopefully not such a shock to the system for you. 

• Like 2