Royal Changes Next Week b/c of Lee?

vision14k

15 minutes ago, back-at-it said:

So the Harmony Eastern on 9/9/ is now a Western on 9/9.

To ensure we have a safe and smooth journey, and to stay well away from Hurricane Lee’s path, we’ve adjusted our itinerary. We’ll now visit Costa Maya, Mexico on Day 5 and Cozumel on Day 6. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

09/09/23

Sat

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

09/10/23

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

09/11/23

Mon

Cruising

09/12/23

Tue

Cruising

09/13/23

Wed

Costa Maya, Mexico

8:00 AM

09/14/23

Thu

Cozumel, Mexico

7:00 AM

09/15/23

Fri

Cruising

09/16/23

Sat

Miami, Florida

5:00 AM

Got this email also ,  a little disappointing .But better than getting blown around a bit.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

no hurricane is faster than 22 knots... i guess

According to NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory, a hurricane's average forward speed is about 11 to 12 mph in the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, and tropical Atlantic Ocean from 10 to 30 degrees North latitude.

• Like 4

On 9/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, back-at-it said:

Just got this .............

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

Before we set sail for our Harmony of the Seas September 9th, 2023 sailing, we have an update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist and nautical experts, we’re closely monitoring the development of Hurricane Lee and any potential impacts to our itineraries.

We’ll keep you updated every step of the way and will contact you and your travel partner directly by tomorrow evening, September 8th, 2023 once details are finalized.

Please know being onboard a ship is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Your safety and well-being are always our highest priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

Notifying passengers the night prior to the cruise doesn't seem like enough time to cancel flights or hotels if the cruise is cancelled. I'd hate to have traveled to the cruise port only to be informed it's cancelled.

12 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Notifying passengers the night prior to the cruise doesn't seem like enough time to cancel flights or hotels if the cruise is cancelled. I'd hate to have traveled to the cruise port only to be informed it's cancelled.

It won’t be the first time. Hurricane tracks are unpredictable although forecasts are definitely improving.

Then there was the Hurricane Harvey Galveston fiasco……..

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Same here. We're taking Amtrak to Newark Penn on the 13th.

Cool, What time do you arrive at Newark Penn? 3pm for us coming from the South. We get on where the train originates at Roanoke, Va.

Didn't want to hassle with Air Flights, etc. Always delayed for one reason or another.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Cruises are not cancelled, but re-routed.  It can be disappointing to miss the ports one has booked for, but there is still a cruise.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Same here!  That has happened to friends of mine and it certainly an inconvenience.  If our itinerary is changed; however, I would like adequate notice.  Do I take fleece or shorts?  🙂

5 minutes ago, cruiseorcamp said:

We are scheduled for Vision NE/CA 9/14  No notification of changes as of this morning 9/10

I'd bet you'd get info by Tuesday. By then they'll have a better idea of what Lee will do that far north. But wouldn't be surprised if you see a change. The storm is moving so slow that by Friday is still may be south of Bermuda

• Like 2

14 hours ago, roomba920 said:

All my Changes over last 35yrs were after I was on the Ship. 

2 hours ago, cruiseorcamp said:

Same here!  That has happened to friends of mine and it certainly an inconvenience.  If our itinerary is changed; however, I would like adequate notice.  Do I take fleece or shorts?  🙂

I'm packing one of each regardless.

Based on the timing of notifications of current sailings, I am not expecting any news until Wednesday evening.  If they can keep the current itinerary by holding off on changing it, I'll be happy. But I will be aboard no matter where we go.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm packing one of each regardless.

Based on the timing of notifications of current sailings, I am not expecting any news until Wednesday evening.  If they can keep the current itinerary by holding off on changing it, I'll be happy. But I will be aboard no matter where we go.  

We fly early Wednesday to Baltimore.  I sure hope it isn't Wed. night.  Perhaps my attire will be excused.  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseorcamp said:

We are scheduled for Vision NE/CA 9/14  No notification of changes as of this morning 9/10

Leaving also on 9/14 on Jewel out of Cape Liberty heading to CA & Greenland.  More than likely we will find out something at the same time as you since we are both headed north.

• Like 2