Discovery Princess dining dress code

Cattiathecat

Just now, Princessfan20 said:

Why not females?  Do you already know the answer for Princess suggested dress code for females and not males?  Suspicious how these endless dress code forums keep popping up.  The last one started last Friday and has 120 replies and is still going.  While I"m at it,  does anyone know how many chairs you can hog on Princess Lido deck at a time and for how long?  Just checking for my husband.  Thanks for any help.

Your observation is valid.  Rarely is there a comment about female dress.  All of the harranguing is over men for suits and tuxes versus tie and no jacket versus jacket and no tie versus smart casual.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Your observation is valid.  Rarely is there a comment about female dress.  All of the harranguing is over men for suits and tuxes versus tie and no jacket versus jacket and no tie versus smart casual.  

Because we just intuitively know how to look good regardless of what we’re wearing.  We can fluff up the hair, put on our lipstick, add some glitzy jewelry and, voila, the outfit we wore to the grocery store now looks like a million bucks!  Never, ever try to tell a woman what she can or cannot wear.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princessfan20 said:

Why not females?  Do you already know the answer for Princess suggested dress code for females and not males?  Suspicious how these endless dress code forums keep popping up. The last one started last Friday and has 120 replies and is still going.  While I"m at it, does anyone know how many chairs you can hog on Princess Lido deck at a time and for how long? Just checking for my husband. Thanks for any help.

There actually has been issues of women being turned away for showing too much skin at the MDR. Does anyone remember the infamous “chain link dress “

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Why not females?  Do you already know the answer for Princess suggested dress code for females and not males?  Suspicious how these endless dress code forums keep popping up. The last one started last Friday and has 120 replies and is still going.  While I"m at it, does anyone know how many chairs you can hog on Princess Lido deck at a time and for how long? Just checking for my husband. Thanks for any help.

Any advice on female dress code always welcome 🙏 I didn’t ask as I normally wear a dress most evenings but all tips gratefully appreciated 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cattiathecat said:

Any advice on female dress code always welcome 🙏 I didn’t ask as I normally wear a dress most evenings but all tips gratefully appreciated 

Don’t worry!  You will look lovely in your dresses, or pants, or jeans or capris, or  gowns.  My only tip is to have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

"Suggested" and not mandatory and that is why it is not enforced like some think it should be.

Most people do believe that this is the best way to handle the situation. Although a little late to the game, they're now similar to all the other mass market cruise lines. It makes me wonder why they waited as long as they did to make the change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Because we just intuitively know how to look good regardless of what we’re wearing.  We can fluff up the hair, put on our lipstick, add some glitzy jewelry and, voila, the outfit we wore to the grocery store now looks like a million bucks!  Never, ever try to tell a woman what she can or cannot wear.

Ever see the women of Walmart videos or pictures?  How do you make them look like a million? Their intuition seems different.🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Edited by Potstech
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Potstech said:

Ever see the women of Walmart videos or pictures?  How do you make them look like a million? Their intuition seems different.🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

No, I haven’t, but I’ve learned that what you see on the internet is not necessarily “real”.  I honestly don’t bother clicking on stuff like this.  My time is better spent taking care of my foster dogs.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WmFCoyote said:

Just off the Discovery on a cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. Pants and shirts required in MDR....there is no enforcement of any dress codes

I'm on that ship in a week and a half but please reconcile these two parts of your post.  Are they "required" or is there "no enforcement"?  No enforcement = not required.

26 minutes ago, deltahog said:

I'm on that ship in a week and a half but please reconcile these two parts of your post.  Are they "required" or is there "no enforcement"?  No enforcement = not required.

In theory, shorts are not welcomed in the DR.  Several posters have reported either wearing or seeing shorts worn at least on Smart Casual nights.  If you are wearing pants and a shirt (not a regular t-shirt, but something collared), you are going to be fine on any night.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In theory, shorts are not welcomed in the DR.  Several posters have reported either wearing or seeing shorts worn at least on Smart Casual nights.  If you are wearing pants and a shirt (not a regular t-shirt, but something collared), you are going to be fine on any night.

My husband has been wearing T shirts on casual evenings for many years.... going back to when things were much stricter on Princess. 

He's never has a problem. 

Today, while shorts may still be turned away on some ships they seem to be quite acceptable on the Enchanted in March.

He wore his shorts one casual night & was freezing (near the dance floor) so now he's resorted to his jeans, just to stay comfortable.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, deltahog said:

The thing is that the documentation online might not actually say "required" but reading it that is the impression it gives.

So it can be "required" according to the documentation but also not enforced on board. I see no conflict in those two parts 🙂 

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Fashions change.  Norms change.  Brace yourselves, baseball caps are becoming a normal thing, maybe even a fashion thing.  

I'm way ahead of the fashion curve! 😎

Jeans with rips - come on man - I "earned" those rips - didn't buy them... 🤑

• Haha 3

Guest Snaxmuppet
Just now, voljeep said:

I'm way ahead of the fashion curve! 😎

Jeans with rips - come on man - I "earned" those rips - didn't buy them... 🤑

Has anyone seen ripped jeans in the MDR yet? It is bound to happen sooner or later.

17 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Would wearing a fascinator for ladies count?  It's still a head dress.  Question from a younger person, who's trying to understand what's wrong with wearing a baseball cap to dinner.

A sparkly ball cap to match the sparkly top would be fine in some circles ...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

No, I haven’t, but I’ve learned that what you see on the internet is not necessarily “real”.  I honestly don’t bother clicking on stuff like this.  My time is better spent taking care of my foster dogs.   

If you have ever been to Walmart you would know their dress is very very real. No way to make them look "elegant" in those clothes.