Carry on food questio

25 minutes ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

I’ve had some themed cookies made that I’d like to carry on the ship to surprise members of our group. Is this allowed in carry on? Or do I need to come up with a way to safely put them in my suitcase? Any ideas? 

Pack them in your checked bag, in the middle, surrounded by clothing.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

They won't trigger any issues? Are you allowed to bring on food items that are not factory sealed? 

Technically, I believe the answer is no non-factory sealed foods, but that may just be for getting off in foreign ports and returning to US.  Customs regs.  So  as long as you can get them on board at embarkation via one or both methods mentioned, and they are consumed on the ship, you should be fine.

There is no problem with bringing food on board in a carry on. I have brought my homemade Xmas cookies on past Xmas sailings without a problem. I also have brought on canned mixed nuts and potato chips which drives my husband crazy. His thinking is that there is always free food we can access on the ship at anytime. My thinking is I like what I like and potato chips aren't found on ships (wink). Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 6

While it is done all the time, and rarely discovered, technically for a cruise involving a US port, USPH does not allow non-sealed food items to be brought onboard.  This is because all food items are to be from documented sources, which your kitchen is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

While it is done all the time, and rarely discovered, technically for a cruise involving a US port, USPH does not allow non-sealed food items to be brought onboard.  This is because all food items are to be from documented sources, which your kitchen is not.

We've never had a problem bringing on some "Holy Donuts" or bakery items 😋

18 hours ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

I’ve had some themed cookies made that I’d like to carry on the ship to surprise members of our group. Is this allowed in carry on? Or do I need to come up with a way to safely put them in my suitcase? Any ideas? 

From RCL FAQ: (does not say homemade or store)

Guests are not allowed to bring on board any food items other than dry, non-perishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc). 

Edited by mitz18
content

8 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We will be in Portland on 9/20 (on the Summit) - I sure do hope that I can bring on a dozen of Holy Heavenly Donuts!!!!!

We'll be there 10/8 (on Liberty) and so looking forward to our donuts !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smarterman64 said:

well, that's how i got to try holy donuts... some ladies had bought some to bring back to the ship. they were stopped. i happened to be boarding at the time and they offered me one which i happily accepted.

Not good to hear about the staff not allowing them to be brought on. 

Which ship was this and when?