Lawn club grill

CruisinCoyote

Yes it’s one of our favourites, it’s like having really good comfort food, the steaks and shrimp are excellent (try the Mac n cheese side) flatbreads are also very good but desserts are to die for! Was so torn as the cookie dessert is delicious but there is also the best carrot cake I have ever had! Decisions decisions…. It’s a tough life! 😂

IMG_5660.jpeg

IMG_5662.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5482.jpeg

IMG_5492.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes, a really nice relaxing experience!

To get a taste of more items ask for them to serve things ‘family style’ if you are dining with others. We were a family of four and ordered one a lot of things to be served central table and asked for four separate plates. Everyone had a taste of everything rather than having to commit to a couple of items.

Totally agree not to go overboard on the flatbreads. We were underwhelmed by the cookie and ice cream. Far too sweet for us!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

We will be on the reflection in January. Has anyone done the lawn club grill and was it worth the upcharge ? Thanks !

Absolutely -- great food, great service.

Your 2nd warm chocolate chip cookie dessert will taste as good as the 1st !!!

Forget the flatbread (pizza) , forget the salad, go straight to the " good stuff " .

Suggestion:

Go early in the cruise and who knows , they might offer you a discount to come another time.

Remember--- there is competition between restaurants and sales targets to meet on every cruise.

• Thanks 1

Our fav on board Silhouette & Reflection😍. Good tips here how to get threw to dessert!
Got booked for next month and our tactic this time is fast from midday and share a flat bread. Hubby hasn’t managed a dessert yet, so we’ll see how it goes😆

I guess my view is opposite of many.  Tried it once.  Couldn't believe I would pay that much and have to serve my own salad.  Yes, I like salad bars - at my local restaurant, not when I am paying such a big upcharge.  And then the wind was blowing my hair in my face all through dinner.  I was constantly grabbing my hair out of my mouth.  The food was decent, but not any better than we get in Blu (haven't done the MDR in quite awhile so can't comment there).  So for me a big no.

2 hours ago, suech1970 said:

our tactic this time is fast from midday and share a flat bread. Hubby hasn’t managed a dessert yet, so we’ll see how it goes😆

LOL--- I guess ( ?? ) you missed post #13.

Your " tactic " might not work--- 

Sharing a flat bread ( pizza ) isn't going to help Hubby "manage" ( enjoy ) two desserts ( warm chocolate cookie with vanilla ice cream ) -- not even one.

Always been my favorite speciality just for being able to sit outside, great food.  Much more relaxed atmosphere overall.  I usually get the milk fed veal chop or the rib eye.  Both are great,  Its a fun night if you want to do the cooking, make the flatbread etc.  

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I guess my view is opposite of many.  Tried it once.  Couldn't believe I would pay that much and have to serve my own salad.  Yes, I like salad bars - at my local restaurant, not when I am paying such a big upcharge.  And then the wind was blowing my hair in my face all through dinner.  I was constantly grabbing my hair out of my mouth.  The food was decent, but not any better than we get in Blu (haven't done the MDR in quite awhile so can't comment there).  So for me a big no.

Too bad you didn't just change your reservation because of the wind.  We did and just went another time.