Who will be the Cruise Director on the Queen Anne do we think?

ace2542

24 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been aware who my cruise director is, so little do they impinge on my experience. What exactly are they for?

They are the liaison between pax and entertainment. You see them on TV in the mornings going over highlights in the Daily Programme, interviewing speakers/musicians etc of the day, and MC’ing theater shows. I’m sure they are in charge of many behind the scenes duties too. I don’t think they sleep!
Amanda Reid was very accessible to pax onboard. Nice lady. 

QM2's Paul O'Laughlin, now retired, was also outstanding.  He was also aboard QE for her inaugural 2019 Alaska voyage.  Paul was one of several who carried the Cunard Boston cup into Liverpool Cathedral on QM2's 175th anniversary voyage. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NE John said:

They are the liaison between pax and entertainment. You see them on TV in the mornings going over highlights in the Daily Programme, interviewing speakers/musicians etc of the day, and MC’ing theater shows. I’m sure they are in charge of many behind the scenes duties too. I don’t think they sleep!
Amanda Reid was very accessible to pax onboard. Nice lady. 

Almost never watch the morning show except a minute or two by accident. I did once see Amanda Reid interview Captain Hashmi, and was stunned by the sheer naïveté of some of her questions. But I’m sure they do lots behind the scenes, but never come to my attention as a passenger, any more than the Spa staff do.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been aware who my cruise director is, so little do they impinge on my experience. What exactly are they for?

Light interviews of guest celebrity speakers for an Insight lecture.

Presenting theatre productions and wishing everyone a 'have a great evening around the ship'.

No one asks them to be the brainiac of the ship and as long as personal egos don't seem to get in the way, most C.D's are fine for me.

Edited by Victoria2
spellin missteak!
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:19 PM, exlondoner said:

On 9/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, sfred said:

QM2's Paul O'Laughlin, now retired, was also outstanding.  He was also aboard QE for her inaugural 2019 Alaska voyage.  Paul was one of several who carried the Cunard Boston cup into Liverpool Cathedral on QM2's 175th anniversary voyage. 

I would add the late great Ray Rouse to your nomination @sfred though I believe he had Queen Mary 2 in his DNA.

You'd certainly have been aware of Ray @exlondoner , a true Cunard character.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daisybel said:

Posting about Staff - does anyone know who the M’d is in QG and also PG on QA?

I think Oliver Guzman (previously QM2) will be QG Maitre D' on QA at the beginning and don't know who he will be job sharing with when he goes on leave.  No idea on PG at all. 

Edited by LWhit

36 minutes ago, LWhit said:

I think Oliver Guzman (previously QM2) will be QG Maitre D' on QA at the beginning and don't know who he will be job sharing with when he goes on leave.  No idea on PG at all. 

Thank you. That's the name I couldn't remember.

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

I would add the late great Ray Rouse to your nomination @sfred though I believe he had Queen Mary 2 in his DNA.

You'd certainly have been aware of Ray @exlondoner , a true Cunard character.

Ray was certainly Mr Cunard. He was the Entertainment Director on our first QM2 voyage in 2011.

Here's an extract from the Daily Programme.

RayRouse.thumb.jpg.9aac9216ed45d179cd38aca5cd13e24b.jpg

Ray Rouse was the Cruise Director on QM2’s maiden crossing (I think the title was still Cruise Director at that time). I know because I made a deliberate effort to find out.

On our eighth Cunard ship and who knows how many cruises, he was the first Cruise Director that I was completely unaware of, and also the first that didn’t know my wife and I on sight. On a ship that size, the latter can’t be held against him. On the former, the ball was clearly in his court.