Live from the Rotterdam, 14 day Jewels of the Baltic

VMax1700

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for this Live thread, in post 20, the crackers look to be Ryvita crackers.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise

I was going to post Ryvita, but wasn't sure how that would translate so I just went crackers. 😁

• Like 3

There is a full size umbrella in each room according to our room steward.  On NSDM last month we did not have one supplied.

Also there are two of the blue and orange lap rugs, which I do not remember on NSDM either. 

• Like 5

For the first time in years I watched the Japanes F1 race "Live".  It was on the TV at 7.00 am ship time.  Alot better than the usual 5am at home time.

Also watched the Ireland v South Africa World Cup Rugby last night.  Reception was excellent (so was the result! 😉)

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Has the Whole Dover Sole in Rudi's Sel de Mer always had an upcharge?

On previous Rudi’s menus that have been posted, there was no upcharge for the Dover sole.  As I said on another thread, I guess if you want the newly promoted “Fresh fish” you are going to have to pay for it.  

Thank you very much for all the information you provide on your Live threads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0106 said:

On previous Rudi’s menus that have been posted, there was no upcharge for the Dover sole.  As I said on another thread, I guess if you want the newly promoted “Fresh fish” you are going to have to pay for it.  

Thank you very much for all the information you provide on your Live threads.

That is what I thought, but wanted a bit of confirmation before posting.

There is now a $15 upcharge for the Whole Dover Sole.  There is also a charge of $15 for an additional entree.

It is also mentioned on the new Caneletto Menu that "One pasta or entree per guest is included .  A charge of $10 will be added per additional entree ordered".  What happened to "sharing". 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

Could you mention, as you go, which ports provided free or paid shuttles?

Will do.  I know that the Red Sightseeing bus in Copenhagen comes to the cruise terminal and is a good option.  We used it when on Nieuw Statendam last month.

They also operate in Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn.  The Riga bus is currently not running but may be running by next September.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

It is also mentioned on the new Caneletto Menu that "One pasta or entree per guest is included .  A charge of $10 will be added per additional entree ordered".

I love Italian food and previously had good meals at Caneletto.  Unfortunately. It is not a place for a “intimate Italian dinner” as stated in the promotional material.  Italian dinners have several courses; we like to share each course of a traditional Italian meal: antipasti (cold starter), primi (1st warm course, for us usually pasta or risotto), secondi (meat for him/seafood for me), insalata (our salad replaces the typical vegetable course), formaggie frutta (cheese and fruit) dolce (dessert, usually gelato).  

It is disappointing that $10 will be charged for a shared pasta course.

• Like 3

VMax1700 - My stepfather and I were on the Niew Statendam in August 2022. I had the Dover sole in Rudi's Sel De Mer. It was delicious and there was no upcharge. I'm sorry there is one now and I'm sorry about the upcharge in Canaletto. We did not have umbrellas in our rooms.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good morning from Rotterdam day 2 Sunday 24th September.

First a quick question to those who have good memories still!

Has the Whole Dover Sole in Rudi's Sel de Mer always had an upcharge?

NO,  I’ve done a number of Sel de Mer and there was never an upcharge for the Dover Sole.  It was part of the regular menu.  And, there wasn’t one in December/23 or January/24

• Like 3

@VMax1700 We, too, will also be on this itinerary and the TA that follows in September 2024 from Rotterdam.  Thank you so much for posting.  I've already made several additions to my notes and you're only on Day 2.  It's so fun to follow your journey and see the dailies, menus, photos, etc!💖

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@VMax1700 you may want to find out when you'll be sailing under the Great Belt Bridge. You may be passing under it both coming and going during your cruise.  I'm sharing some pix when we were there in June - this was late at night on our way toward Aarhus.  Enjoy your cruise!

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 10.49.27 copy.png

IMG_3335.png

IMG_3869.png

Edited by sailawayward
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1