Any reason to bring Covid Vaccine Record onboard?

FlaMariner

Even though covid vaccination proof is no longer required, do you still bring the vaccination record when you sail now?  

We are heading to Japan Sunday and the covid vaccine proof are with the passports and just wondering.....could those "get out of jail" cards keep me from being tested or being segregated at some point?  

I'm thinking leave them at home and add to the scrapbook. 

What are you wise and all-knowing folks doing these days?

(I tried to do this as a poll but I'm not smart enough or it is not allowed for me)

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Even though covid vaccination proof is no longer required, do you still bring the vaccination record when you sail now?  

My records live in the same folder as my passport, and I see no reason to remove them. They have to be somewhere, and if I leave them where they are I always know where they are. 
If I need them for any reason I can't fathom now when I am travelling, then I have them with me. 
Just makes sense to me. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Country regulations can change very quickly with COVID, and I'd hate to find out mid-cruise that proof of vaccination was suddenly required for an upcoming port or ports. I'd really be kicking my butt if I had proof, but it was sitting at home. I have a copy on my iPhone in the Health app, I can also access it via the iCloud. And I still have a paper copy with my passport. It's just as easy to leave it there as to take it out, but provides some insurance against losing my phone or have technical issues. 

• Like 8

ours here (in Australia) can be stored in the Google Wallet (encrypted) direct from the government health website (vaccine register under Medicare) so it's quite secure, and always accessible if/when we need it.

We also carry paper printed certificates too just in case, in our travel folder. As someone above posted, regulations can change mid-cruise if there's a major outbreak or the global health status is under threat (again!).

Edited by asebastian
Added more info
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, asebastian said:

ours here (in Australia) can be stored in the Google Wallet (encrypted) direct from the government health website (vaccine register under Medicare) so it's quite secure, and always accessible if/when we need it.

I've been vaccinated in both Australia and the US.  The California and Australia proof of vaccine cards can also be stored in Apple Wallet (not sure if this is the same as Google Wallet).  BTW, I was able to add my US vaccines to my Aussie record, so that's really the only one I need.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:
2 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Well it's not as if the Vax cards are taking up space that could be used for extra underwear, I'd say take them!

Exactly my dilemma! LOL

Maybe you could sew them into the underw... oops no forget that idea! 😉

• Haha 2

I have my vaccine card in with my passport.  I will be taking it as I just got the new booster last week.  I was really glad that I could get it before I boarded a ship this week.  I know it takes 2 weeks to get the full effect of the vaccine but I will have some when I get on the ship.

First of all, I  am so excited for you on your cruise!! I would bring them, what's the hassle. We are getting behind on our covid shots and not wanting them either with all the side effects sorry. We had them. And had covid 2x. But, enjoy your fun time ahead! We are probably going to book a European trip tomorrow and I know I am in heaven tonite!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

We are heading to Japan Sunday and the covid vaccine proof are with the passports and just wondering.....could those "get out of jail" cards keep me from being tested or being segregated at some point?  

I'm thinking leave them at home and add to the scrapbook. 

What are you wise and all-knowing folks doing these days?

(I tried to do this as a poll but I'm not smart enough or it is not allowed for me)

There's no need to bring it.  But if it brings you a level of peace to do so, it takes up no space.  There are no covid protocols anywhere, so just do what will bring you the most settled feeling. No judgment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Yes. You never know what foreigners may want.

16 minutes ago, valancy1 said:

There are no covid protocols anywhere

Not true. South Korea for example has a health declaration on arrival

https://cov19ent.kdca.go.kr/cpassportal/biz/beffatstmnt/main.do?lang=en

Also Japan, until very recently, required a Covid declaration. So things can change at an instant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, asebastian said:

Not true. South Korea for example has a health declaration on arrival

https://cov19ent.kdca.go.kr/cpassportal/biz/beffatstmnt/main.do?lang=en

Also Japan, until very recently, required a Covid declaration. So things can change at an instant.

Yes they can.  But currently there are no protocols requiring anything at the cruise lines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, valancy1 said:

Yes they can.  But currently there are no protocols requiring anything at the cruise lines.

There may not be cruise line protocols, but it is not up to them.   Any country can change their rules when they want and the ships have to comply.  If a  country changes their vaccine requirement, I would want to have mine with me.  It's a pretty easy thing to take with you.

• Like 7

We will be getting the newest Moderna Covid vaccine (just released recently) before our late Oct. cruise. The info will be added to our Covid cards and I will bring them with us. With the upswing in Covid cases in the US who knows what will happen in the next month and I read recently some cruise lines are thinking of bringing back some protocols. I certainly hope not!!

It's a no-brainer to me with Covid on the upswing again. The card takes up no room in the back of my passport and on my phone. If I never need it, fine. I don't want to regret not bringing it if a country we visit suddenly changes their mind and requires it. Simply, be prepared or be willing to possibly skip a port.

• Like 1