The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 1st, 2023

richwmn

Today is International Coffee Day, International Day for the Elderly, and International Frugal Fun Day

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. - Jules Renard

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Enchiladas
Drink of the Day - Midori Margarita
Wine of the Day - 69 Miles Chardonnay
Destination of the Day - Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles

Today in History:
1688 Prince William of Orange accepts invitation of take up the British crown
1975 "The Thrilla in Manila"

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 10-02

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 10-02

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1500

Nieuw Statendam

Piraeus (Athens), Greece Overnight

Noordam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Oosterdam

Santorini, Greece 0800-2200

Rotterdam

Stockholm, Sweden 0800[+1]1800

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 10-02

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 0700-1700

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 0700-1700

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island eta 10-02

1001World.thumb.jpg.24eacc349efae8fe946be6cb3cbc5aae.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 17

Good morning.

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇.

It is 64°F and sunny currently.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's fleet reports and Daily topics.

Today's sermon is lovely and includes video nearby our church.

As a big coffee drinker today's coffee day is relevant as is day for the elderly as it applies to most of us on here.

Excellent quote and food today.

Prayers 🙏 shared for all who are unwell and recovering from operation's.

I hope everyone is safe and well and you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 29

Good Morning,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It promises to be a beautiful day today.  Today's meal suggestion sounds good,  I think we are going out for dinner. 

Yesterday we went to the newly opened Total Wine and stocked up for the holidays.  We adopted 21 bottles.  We sampled something new to us and it was delicious. We had a bottle of it last night.  If I add some sparkling wine to it I would have a good knockoff of my favorite HAL drink, mango champagne dream.

20230930_130651.thumb.jpg.310f90be2c80ecc4d67fca8d17a012c9.jpg

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It promises to be a beautiful day today.  Today's meal suggestion sounds good,  I think we are going out for dinner. 

Yesterday we went to the newly opened Total Wine and stocked up for the holidays.  We adopted 21 bottles.  We sampled something new to us and it was delicious. We had a bottle of it last night.  If I add some sparkling wine to it I would have a good knockoff of my favorite HAL drink, mango champagne dream.

20230930_130651.thumb.jpg.310f90be2c80ecc4d67fca8d17a012c9.jpg

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

Bellini is a lovely drink and my late Italian grandmother's family name from Venice.

• Like 22

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on ventilator

HAL Sailer’s DH hospitalized with pneumonia and afib

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DH Scott hospitalized, post-cardiac arrest, on vent

Lindaler have a safe flight to San Diego

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis

Tbay’s DH recovering from pneumonia

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Tana with pulmonary issues, needing more oxygen

Quartzsite cruiser’s DH Steve’s post-shunt placement, showing improvement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Nickelpenny)!

Bon Voyage Kive4cruises (Robin & Nicholas)!

Happy Birthday to Cunnorl’s DH!

Welcome Home SusieKIslandGirl and tupper10!

Jimmy Carter’s 99th Birthday

Cruzin Terri feeling better

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from the hospital

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 days for Lindaler (Volendam Oct 2 to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

6 days for Kazu (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

6 days for 0106 (Rotterdam Oct 7 to Oct 22, Atlantic Sojourn)

6 days for Cunnorl (Zaandam Oct 7 to Dec 19, 73d Grand South America & Antarctica)

7 days for WannaSea (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 12, Pacific Coastal Cruise)

7 days for Horizon Chaser 1957 (Eurodam Oct 8 to Oct 28, Panama Canal)

Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada), ocean sounds (Royal Princess to Oct 2, Vancouver to Honolulu), Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic), WannaSea (Koningsdam to Oct 7, AK Inside Passage), Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities), Nickelpenny (Noordam to Oct 8, Wine Country & PNW), Ichiban Nekko (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast),  Cruzn single (Zuiderdam to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast), Rafinmd (Queen Mary 2/Crystal Serenity to Oct 13, NE, CA/Quebec City to NY) and Live4cruises (Westerdam to Oct 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector)

• Like 28
  • Thanks 16

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Three great days to celebrate and I love Renard quote. 

I have not been to Mahe Island.  My memory of both of the days in history are a bit fuzzy in my mind. 

Arrived in Halifax on a very foggy and chilly morning.  We are along side but not yet cleared, 

I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Melon Bisque, Chateaubriande, and Cherries Jubilee as served in QM2's Princess Grill last night.

dishes30.jpg

Roy

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!🐇🐰🐇

Good morning friends!  Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  Our weather this morning is back up to 60 degrees overnight, with a sunny day and high of 82 expected.  A lovely fall day.

Another day for coffee lovers!  That's not me but go right ahead and have another cup.  Nice we old folks have a day to celebrate us.  I'm all for frugal fun!  I like the quote today. 😁  I always like a chicken enchilada, will pass on the Midori margarita and the chardonnay.  The Thrilla from Manila fight was a very big deal back then. 🥊  Interesting about Prince William of Orange.  Thanks in advance to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports.

Prayers are on my mind today with the news from my friend in Arizona about her DH Scott.  I really hope he wakes up and comes off the ventilator. 🙏 Many prayers also for my DB and Mark, our Care list people - Terry @smitty34877, Tana and family, Baby Murphy and family, Steve and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and every one of the other DH's on the ailing list.  We must get them well!  🙏  I'm very happy for all the cruisers on the Celebration list recently.  Congrats to all celebrating something great in their lives including birthdays, anniversaries, and births. 🎂🎉  Congrats to Ren for his goal yesterday and the win for his soccer team.    Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping, and for mentioning my friend Scott.  He can use plenty of prayers!

Our port this morning is Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles.  This port was previously listed on Sept. 29, 2021.  I have not been to Victoria before so have no photos.  Here is a link to the previous date for your convenience in retrieving photos.

Let's hope today is a good day with lots of good news.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit   Rabbit   White Rabbit

Thanks for the Report. 

It's a new month, hope it's a good one.  The weather is summery here, today's high is a sunny 24°C (75°F).  Normal is 16°C (61°F), I wonder how long it will last?

I used to be a coffee drinker, but not any more.  I'm in favour of frugality and fun.  It's important to look after the elderly, my birth certificate may say I'm a senior, but I won't admit it.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds wonderful.  I think the drink and wine will be good too.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 34

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Hoping that this morning is better than yesterday. The rain clouds were so thick & dark yesterday, I had to keep a light on until 11:00 a.m.!  But it finally got a bit lighter & the sun even broke through for a few minutes. And Bindi & I saw the full moon during our bedtime walk!

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us! Praying that your pain grows less.

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores and if possible - some yard work. 

IMG_1792.jpeg.41c94d9b66ed9fe3eb638d3ae0a062a0.jpeg

IMG_1789.jpeg.ec06bad4b91d55bc79de13df0a821610.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg.1a335291f8645f1265a2cc0dfe70b678.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & your support team. May your new, wonderful, long-remaining aide arrive soon!

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I really loved reading about Steve’s reactions to the improvements he notices. May there be many more in his future. 

May each of us find at least one reason to smile today. 

69 Miles Chardonnay

I might have to try this Chardonnay just to see if I can pick up the “hints of bacon”. My palate is not always as discerning as the critics’.  I used the 2021 vintage info, because it might be the easiest to find. Widely available & reasonably priced. Online prices start at $19.99.

Distributor notes 

Bright gold color. Aromas and flavors of peach preserves, heirloom apple, salted caramel, hints of rose, and herbal tea with a velvety, vibrant, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a sleek, interesting, medium-long finish with notes of hints of bacon with moderate oak flavor. A ripe, balanced Chardonnay with great juicy character.

Style:Fruity, Juicy & Smooth, Oaky & Rich & Full

Aroma:peach preserves, heirloom apple, salted caramel, hints of rose, and herbal tea

Flavor:Same as aromas with notes of hints of bacon

Sweetness:Dry-yet-Fruity

Enjoy:Now on its own and with food

Pairing:Turkey, Roasted Chicken, Boiled Lobster

Bottom Line:A ripe, balanced chardonnay with great juicy character.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 4

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit (nearly forgot).

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Vanessa, Debbie, Ann & Dixie.

Great collection of days.  I’m celebrating coffee day as I type and since I’m a senior I guess I am celebrating elderly day too although I don’t think of myself as so.

IMG_1114.jpeg.34864d3d9bce61e405c46b5aef887f1e.jpeg

LOL on today’s quote 😂. Yum on the meal and the wine today.

Well, my back was aching but I did it.  All the dahlias are packed up.  My boxes have dwindled.  Old ones that were pretty spent are in the compost bin and a couple were given away.  My usual 8 - 10 boxes had turned into 4 👍 

IMG_0970.thumb.jpeg.255278b8c2415150b7ea47c169ce760b.jpeg

I fly out Tuesday - think it’s time I started to pack? 😂.  

My friend called to ask if I was all packed - no.  Do you have your stuff out to pack - no.  I told her i had all the roll call stuff together though.  She laughed and said great - you’ll be naked on the ship but you have everything for the roll call.  LOL 🤣  So I better figure out what the heck I’m taking so I’m presentable 😉 

IMG_1195.jpeg.23839957b70316e2f3dd1d208f71ea6e.jpeg

So, I think today’s fun (and definitely frugal) thing for me to do today is to start packing - or, at least get clothes out along with Ivan’s “care” note and start packing some of the stuff for him.

IMG_1099.jpeg.f175d3a3de48cb7a4428e41025d987b3.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them. 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1098.jpeg.25a807dae1a1b077ef115cb146ca0c32.jpeg

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.

• Like 25
  • Haha 13

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit – I did say this before doing anything else today.

On this first day of October, and a new calendar quarter, I thought I would do some Cruise Critic Housekeeping.

As many of you know, the lists for ports, days to observe, drinks, wines, and meals and set up well in advance. The list of ports for next year has been completed. I would like to extend an invitation to everyone. If you have something you wish to include on one of these lists, please email me ( richwmn at gmail dot com) and let me know. If you have something that is associated with a particular day (Easter Ham, Thanksgiving Turkey, Irish Whiskey for St Patrick’s Day, etc) please indicate that and I will be happy to include it on that day. If you have a list of best wines from an area, that would be good as well. I am also interested in things like Canada’s National Day of Truth and Reconciliation which could be highlighted. Also, additions to the ‘Day in History’ would be appreciated.

While this group consists mostly of people in the US, we do have many from other areas and their interests should be represented.

Thanks.

Rich

• Like 34
  • Thanks 10

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here

Have a great Sunday!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 27

Good morning! My kind neighbor installed the new patio ceiling fan and I watched some NASCAR racing in afternoon and then we cooked on the grill a spatchcock chicken. Watched an old Sean Connery movie Russia House then off to early bed.
Our painter called and we accepted his price for repainting two of our three full baths. The wall paper goes as well as popcorn ceilings. He starts Monday.

Enjoying my coffee then will get ready for Sunday services.

Getting elderly is a great gift that I’m very thankful for. Though I’m not ready to utilize the local Senior Center or senior activities at church.

Hard to believe it’s already October. Glad the government did not have to shut down but we should vote all of them on both party’s out and start anew. They had a year to get this done without all the drama and panic they put their constituents through.

Enjoy your Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Day and thanks for the report, list and recipes. Bruce

image.jpeg.3b4c54674f7fa76b5cec915846ccaf36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9159f9e84f08628aa0cc0e5902f04e54.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.87b2ea0353a6a862b092c3e0648ae046.jpegimage.jpeg.a98956cbca06ed574e1a888595430ec0.jpegimage.jpeg.6c0915b53691e788e937d5be56843929.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.76a3c8c3f493eade83fffa55c9c94614.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 27

Rabbits rabbits white rabbits! Needing all the good luck this month I can call in, it’s going to be a huge month in so many levels prepping for the move. Mary Kay, How. Did. You. Do. It?  So happy for you on vacation now!  

I’m relieved the government didn’t shut down. Sad at how it happened. Extra prayers for Ukraine. And Scott and his wife!  And Steve and Lenda (Amazing!) And baby Murphy and family. And Vanessa. And Terry and Tana and family. And Karen returning, and Terri and Paul and Jacquie and Annie and Chuck, Bruce, all planning and prepping. And all on our care list, sending out blessings. 

So happy for Roy on QM2, doing better than he expected!  That gives me more hope that I too will find some unexpected resilience!  

Congrats to all celebrating! Reminding us Life is Good!  Great job Ren on that goal!  

DH is trialing off the double med eye drops again, pressures higher but not bad, 3 days now at half doses, hoping!  

Busy day here yesterday. DH worked on transferring financial info and last arrangements files to his son. More financial set-ups to do today. DS also unscrewed our printer problems!  Yay, miracles abound!  DIL worked with me in storage room.  We checked each box, about 30 maybe. Categorized and restacked them into Move As Is, Sort Through, Re-pack/Consolidate, and Re-Home.  It took a lot more out of me than I thought it would to get that far which is a bit scary.  I just can’t see how it will all happen but I have faith it will. They might come back Thanksgiving weekend to help with the final push. Grandkids will be here later October, no dates yet. 

We have appointments in NJ for Oct 13th to be interviewed by the social workers at the retirement community, and work with the interior finishes person on selections and specific requests.  We’ll haul some stuff to grandkid’s garage then, and see DH’s daughter while she’s visiting from Idaho to see her girls. It’ll be a great break for me, us!  I think I’ll even enjoy the 4/5 hr drives up and back. Respite. 

Comments for yesterday:  Suva is a great visit!  Love Fiji. Beautiful. Vibrant. Friendly to travelers. Safe!  But I feel for them too. Fiji has a sad (to me) and serious class division between the native-born Fijians and those descended from the people that the British colonizers brought in from India to work the fields. The Indian descendants who are a slight majority of the population, and comprise most of the professional and entrepreneurs, cannot own land or vote. Fiji went for 14 yrs without a constitution or president (some of the time span between our first and second visits there) but now have both in place but at a cost of writing out people who’ve been there 5,6,7 generations. When we travel we see and learn different ways of life around the world. 

Prayers for our country, your country and all countries. 

It’s time to feed the family here. I’m grateful we have food and money to pay for it!  Blessings all, be safe, be well, know you are loved!  Thank you for being here!  
Maureen

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit!

Midori Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
2/3 part fresh Lime Juice
Garnish with salt and a Lime Wheel

Instructions
Combine ingredients with ice into a shaker. Shake, then strain over fresh ice into a martini-styled glass. Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 7.57.12 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a very rainy and stormy day at the beach

I do like coffee. My day could not start without it. I am all for Seniors, of whuch I am one although I hate to admit it. Frugal simple fun is best.

@JazzyV Quick correction to upcoming cruises. Unfortunately we had to cancel the Grand S.America a few months ago when I had surgery. Really wish we were going but....   

Today is DH`s birthday. We had planned on going over to the Village for lunch at a German restaurant that he likes. The weather may keep us home. Getting DD in and out of the car is a slow process and we would all be soaked! I am making him an apple pie.  Hopefully it will clear. 

There are so many that need our prayers right now. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 30

RABBIT  🐰   RABBIT   🐰   WHITE RABBIT   🐇

I said my three rabbits out loud to my self earlier, but saying it again on here can't hurt.  I think last month's rabbits helped with our good fortune with DH's surgery outcome.

Good morning from a cool central Texas.  It is 66F and feels like 66F.  Right now there is 79% humidity with a dew point of 69F, so it should be a little more pleasant when I mow and trim the grass.  The predicted high will be 82F with clouds moving in about 9 am.

Since I am not a coffee drinker, someone else can have my coffee to help celebrate International Coffee Day.  Others might think I'm elderly, but in my mind I'm not.  Somedays my body disagrees though. 🤣  Frugal Fun is nice, but fun in general is great.

I like today's quote by Jules Renard.

The meal sounds nice, but not for today.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Victoria, Seychelles, in 2000 on P&O Oriana's world cruise.  I'll retrieve my pictures in a few minutes.

Two more interesting days in history to celebrate.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you are enjoying the cruise, and I hope the fog in Halifax lifts soon.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm hoping for the best for Scott, your friend's DB and your DB.  Glad Ren's team won yesterday and that he scored a goal.

@cat shepard  Ann, thank you for more good wishes for DH and for improvements.  I suspect while improvements will continue, they will come a little more slowly.  We are headed in the right direction now.

@kazu  👏 👍  Yeah, Jacqui, on getting the bulbs ready for winter.  Good luck with the packing today and tomorrow.

@richwmn  Rich, thank you for all your hard work getting the Fleet Report and Daily started each day and for getting all the lists for the coming year ready.  Without you, none of us would have a safe, friendly and supportive place to visit everyday.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad you like the painter and that he will start on the bathrooms Monday.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, first, thank you for the nice words about DH's recovery.  I'm glad you DH is easing off the eye meds and hope the pressure does not go too high.  If you work on the sorting and move preparations each day, and do as much as you can each day, it will get done.  I'm glad you are having relatives come help with the work.

@cunnorl  Charlene, please wish your DH a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

@SusieKIslandGirl  and @tupper10  Welcome home.  I hope your cruises were all you wanted them to be.

380476308_704741985005261_3149258625396089550_n.thumb.jpg.89be2025ed7122c404b75bab8e671212.jpg

381341061_24679539338311803_5848802463742661915_n.thumb.jpg.388218a3f73a59c9b356d40100893f43.jpg

383781706_810152511113166_965386833360379003_n.thumb.jpg.caf8c56cfa4cf3b6deec268354f13157.jpg

384120233_699582692204741_2407071083697533895_n.thumb.jpg.b9e9fa264a217e1c3b30122b7d7ed9d2.jpg

384767541_258599947156239_5037505747777986035_n.jpg.d9c923bccef65ac57ec7f62678f507fb.jpg

382590263_811539440833801_4941042434158547344_n.jpg.f49ccdb459f14a2f3f7dcc1215cbfc24.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 23