Plus price increase?

mtfasls

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

All 5 of my future cruises state Plus is $60 a day but when I select to get a price it flips to $65 a day. So it's coming (but I'm not biting / just fine paying a la carte,)

Well that's not a good sign.... 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

All 5 of my future cruises state Plus is $60 a day but when I select to get a price it flips to $65 a day. So it's coming (but I'm not biting / just fine paying a la carte,)

I'm just getting $60...🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:
24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm just getting $60...🤔

Not me --- not going to put them all in, just 1. Insurance and taxes will also go up but that's reflected on a different line. You can check my math but I'm pretty sure $915.40 ÷ 14 days = $65.40 a day 

20231001_125718.thumb.jpg.5d888227ad7f102cb58252d6a1a94556.jpg

Edited by Ombud

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not me --- not going to put them all in, just 1. Insurance and taxes will also go up but that's reflected on a different line. You can check my math but I'm pretty sure $915.40 ÷ 14 days = $65.40 a day 

It appears to me that is the all in price inclusive of insurance as it's $60 X 14 X 1.09 (the new cost for PVP - standard).  It is asking for payment info at this step so I'm fairly sure that is the total you would owe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Oh, how I wish.  Just checked.  Good news....$60 pp/pd for Plus.  

It was reported the UK had a promo of Plus at 50% off and the poster is from UK or as many have been able to book an On BOARD 50% off special, Plus was also being discounted at 50% off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

After running it seven ways from Sunday, and back, I was unable to get it for $65, so I got Polar Online chat involved, and straight from their mouths, in writing:

As of now there is no advised for the Princess Plus Package increasing price. It is still $60 USD and $65 AUD.

Maybe these were left

over flyers from the Australian market?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

I Googled the campaign code. The sale in question has ended. It was a promotion code for 30% off. @Steelers36  Google the campaign code, click, on the link and see the response! https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/au/30-percent-off/

That link is for those in Australia.

• Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see at what price point Princess finds this isn't marketable as more passengers do the actual math and figure out it doesn't make sense for them. I'm sure Princess has done the math on their end and are not offering this as a losing proposition from a financial standpoint, realizing that a great many passengers who purchase this "money saving" perk will actually end up spending more by purchasing this than they would have otherwise because they won't actually fully utilize the benefits up to or over the amount being charged each day. This is especially true on port intensive cruises where people are often off the ship most of the day. We have done the math for our own personal utilization and already find the $60 amount more than we would spend per person per day on the "perks" included. Part of that is helped by our Elite benefits with our reduced price on wifi and evening cocktails in the Elite lounge. Still it would be a stretch for us to see it make sense for us as low level drinkers. I highly doubt most people experience a 50% to 60 % savings as is being touted by Princess unless they drink like fish. More likely most are lucky to break even and many end up paying more then they would buying alacarte.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

It will be interesting to see at what price point Princess finds this isn't marketable as more passengers do the actual math and figure out it doesn't make sense for them. I'm sure Princess has done the math on their end and are not offering this as a losing proposition from a financial standpoint, realizing that a great many passengers who purchase this "money saving" perk will actually end up spending more by purchasing this than they would have otherwise because they won't actually fully utilize the benefits up to or over the amount being charged each day. This is especially true on port intensive cruises where people are often off the ship most of the day. We have done the math for our own personal utilization and already find the $60 amount more than we would spend per person per day on the "perks" included. Part of that is helped by our Elite benefits with our reduced price on wifi and evening cocktails in the Elite lounge. Still it would be a stretch for us to see it make sense for us as low level drinkers. I highly doubt most people experience a 50% to 60 % savings as is being touted by Princess unless they drink like fish. More likely most are lucky to break even and many end up paying more then they would buying alacarte.

I don’t think many people blindly purchase the packages without really thinking about what they want, what they need and what they can afford.  I doubt if many people over estimate their probable consumption and in the end lose a portion of the package they paid for.  I give much more credit to our fellow cruisers. I’m willing to bet most people come out on top and, at the very least, some will break even.

My DH and I have upgraded our future cruises to Premier because we like having our choice of beverages and not be concerned if we’re over or under the minimum price range.  We will utilize the SD, the wifi and some other offerings and the current price is not an issue for us.  However, should the price of the packages become ridiculously high, then we’ll have to rethink it’s necessity.  I believe most people will do the same.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

That cost is $60 + 9% PCL Insurance premium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These threads drive me nuts because folks get sent off into tangents over nothing.  Confusion and consternation rises.  Calm analysis indicates no issue.  The pricing is $60 USD/pp/day and $80 USD/pp/day.  There is no increase.  Yes, it will increase in the future, but we don't know when.  Case closed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

These threads drive me nuts because folks get sent off into tangents over nothing.  Confusion and consternation rises.  Calm analysis indicates no issue.  The pricing is $60 USD/pp/day and $80 USD/pp/day.  There is no increase.  Yes, it will increase in the future, but we don't know when.  Case closed.

That seems to be the case.  However, unlike other recent threads about price increases this one originated with a notice that actually came from Princess.  I for one would like to know if Princess ultimately issues a retraction or if the OP hears anything more from Princess about it.  So I do hope that this thread stays "live", for those who disagree there are plenty of other posts to comment on,

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

That seems to be the case.  However, unlike other recent threads about price increases this one originated with a notice that actually came from Princess.  I for one would like to know if Princess ultimately issues a retraction or if the OP hears anything more from Princess about it.  So I do hope that this thread stays "live", for those who disagree there are plenty of other posts to comment on,

This thread will stay live!!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1