10/2/23: Princess Cruises Introduces Expansive Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers

LACruiser88

Carnival Corporation
October 2, 2023 9:30 AM EDT
Princess Cruises Introduces Expansive Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers

Seven Exciting Menu Rotations are Now Available in Main Dining Rooms Across the Fleet

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, renowned for its commitment to culinary excellence and world-class hospitality, has embarked on a new culinary journey to meet the evolving tastes and dietary needs of its guests. In response to a surging demand for plant-based cuisine, Princess Cruises is introducing a series of creatively crafted vegan menus, enhancing the dining experience for all onboard. The new menus, available in the main dining rooms, are currently rolling out across the fleet of 15 ships.

These menus exemplify the fusion of gourmet creativity and eco-consciousness, ensuring that every guest's dietary preferences are not only met, but celebrated. Prepared without the use of any animal products, the new vegan menus offer an array of starters, salads, soups, pastas and main dishes. With nightly menus served in the main dining rooms, guests can request the vegan options prior to their cruise—via the Cruise Personalizer, through their travel agent or by calling Princess—or once onboard.

"Our dedication to delivering unforgettable culinary experiences continues to evolve with current trends, including the desire for more vegan offerings," said Sami Kohen, Princess Cruises Vice President of Food and Beverage. "Our new plant-based dinner menus offer our vegan guests an extraordinary culinary journey while providing reassurance and peace of mind with dishes they know meet their lifestyle preferences."

The Princess Cruises vegan menus feature a robust offering of flavorful items including:

Starters

• Black Beans on Toast with Tomato and Avocado
  • Roasted Pears with Dried Apricots and Pistachios
  • Baja-Style Cauliflower Tacos
  •  

Salads

• French Potato Salad with Dijon Mustard and Fine Herbs
  • Green Goddess Salad with Tofu
  • Endive, Beet and Pear Slaw
  •  

Soups

• Creamy White Bean
  • Chickpea Noodle
  • Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
  •  

Pastas

• Fettuccine with Walnut Sauce
  • Penne with Red Pepper Pesto
  • Farfalle and Summer Squash with Tomatoes, Basil and Pine Nuts
  •  

Mains

• Stir-Fried Portobellos with Soy-Maple Sauce
  • Plant-Based Shepherd's Pie
  • Walkaway Ratatouille
  •  

Whether guests choose to embrace a plant-based lifestyle or simply wish to explore the delights of these vegan menus, the Princess commitment to culinary excellence ensures that every guest finds an exceptional dining experience.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 13

I am happy for those of you who follow this lifestyle.  As long as it is 'in addition to' and not as a 'substitute for' regular mdr meats, fishes, potato, all is good.

Fettuccini with walnut sauce would be the only thing I might consider.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:
Carnival Corporation
October 2, 2023 9:30 AM EDT
Princess Cruises Introduces Expansive Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers

Seven Exciting Menu Rotations are Now Available in Main Dining Rooms Across the Fleet

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, renowned for its commitment to culinary excellence and world-class hospitality, has embarked on a new culinary journey to meet the evolving tastes and dietary needs of its guests. In response to a surging demand for plant-based cuisine, Princess Cruises is introducing a series of creatively crafted vegan menus, enhancing the dining experience for all onboard. The new menus, available in the main dining rooms, are currently rolling out across the fleet of 15 ships.

These menus exemplify the fusion of gourmet creativity and eco-consciousness, ensuring that every guest's dietary preferences are not only met, but celebrated. Prepared without the use of any animal products, the new vegan menus offer an array of starters, salads, soups, pastas and main dishes. With nightly menus served in the main dining rooms, guests can request the vegan options prior to their cruise—via the Cruise Personalizer, through their travel agent or by calling Princess—or once onboard.

"Our dedication to delivering unforgettable culinary experiences continues to evolve with current trends, including the desire for more vegan offerings," said Sami Kohen, Princess Cruises Vice President of Food and Beverage. "Our new plant-based dinner menus offer our vegan guests an extraordinary culinary journey while providing reassurance and peace of mind with dishes they know meet their lifestyle preferences."

The Princess Cruises vegan menus feature a robust offering of flavorful items including:

Starters

• Black Beans on Toast with Tomato and Avocado
  • Roasted Pears with Dried Apricots and Pistachios
  • Baja-Style Cauliflower Tacos
  •  

Salads

• French Potato Salad with Dijon Mustard and Fine Herbs
  • Green Goddess Salad with Tofu
  • Endive, Beet and Pear Slaw
  •  

Soups

• Creamy White Bean
  • Chickpea Noodle
  • Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
  •  

Pastas

• Fettuccine with Walnut Sauce
  • Penne with Red Pepper Pesto
  • Farfalle and Summer Squash with Tomatoes, Basil and Pine Nuts
  •  

Mains

• Stir-Fried Portobellos with Soy-Maple Sauce
  • Plant-Based Shepherd's Pie
  • Walkaway Ratatouille
  •  

Whether guests choose to embrace a plant-based lifestyle or simply wish to explore the delights of these vegan menus, the Princess commitment to culinary excellence ensures that every guest finds an exceptional dining experience.

This makes us so happy since our go-to vegan place, Sage, closed the closest location to us, and now we have to deal with Crossroads Kitchen.

Thanks Princess for finally taking plant-based eating seriously. 

• Like 6

As a red meat eater, I could make a meal from the menu that was presented.  Not all of the choices really seem appealing, but there is enough for for me to choose something from each category.  Actually, I might be inclined to order all three of the soups.

• Like 1

This is great! It’s about time too. We are not vegan, but are also not huge meat eaters and try to base our meals around vegetables at home. It’s great to see more options than the usual traditional saucy meat and chicken dishes. 
Now I’d really like to see some Buddha bowl options at lunch too. The sad salads don’t really do it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if they will ever introduce organic foods and meats.  Cood day in July I imagine.

I would love that too, but, you’re right, it will never happen, at least not on Princess. Eating vegan, if you stay away from processed vegan foods which are expensive and instead stick with whole foods, is significantly less expensive than eating meat and dairy. I don’t believe the new vegan menu will raise food costs at all and will likely lower them. Organic foods, of course, are a totally different story, particularly for meats. 

• Like 2

Thank you OP for sharing. I’m not Vegan but I have a dairy allergy so this is good news. I love sweets so what I would really love is some soft serve Vegan Dole Whip on the Lido and some Vegan desserts in the buffet, and at the IC. And while I’m dreaming, how about some plant based cheese for the pizza? 😂

• Like 4

Agree this is a great start for food-base dinners and I always respect the choices anyone makes with what they eat.

I wish my tastebuds could get excited about these dishes but unfortunately, I seem to love eating dead animals and seafood for some reason even when I know it’s not good for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Agree this is a great start for food-base dinners and I always respect the choices anyone makes with what they eat.

I wish my tastebuds could get excited about these dishes but unfortunately, I seem to love eating dead animals and seafood for some reason even when I know it’s not good for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you ever see cauliflower steak with quinoa on the menu, definitely give it a try, vegan or not. It’s one of the best things I’ve eaten on Princess. 

IMG_4137.jpeg

• Like 9